- For Keleseth's encounter in Utgarde Keep, see Prince Keleseth (tactics). For his encounter in Icecrown Citadel, see Blood Prince Council.
|Affiliation(s)||Scourge, Blood Prince Council|
|Occupation||Scourge ambassador to the vrykul, overlord of Howling Fjord|
|Status||Deceased (lore), killable (WoW)|
Prince Keleseth (pronounced "KEHL-eh-seth") was a member of the San'layn who served as the ruler of the southeastern reaches of Northrend — specifically as Scourge overlord of Howling Fjord — and as a representative to the vrykul.
Wrath of the Lich King
This section concerns content related to Wrath of the Lich King.
Keleseth claimed to have traveled across the world and made several interesting discoveries, such as the fact that with the proper amount of "encouragement" one can extract all the truths that a man dares hide.
In the Scarlet Enclave, Keleseth first appeared in Acherus: The Ebon Hold on the second floor. Later, his brother, Prince Valanar, instructed fledgling death knights to seek Keleseth out at the Crypt of Remembrance. Keleseth instructed the death knight to assassinate Quimby, mayor of New Avalon, and retrieve his town registry. He then ordered the death knight to use torture tools to extract information about the so-called "Crimson Dawn" from members of the Scarlet Crusade. Finally, he directed the death knight to report to Orbaz Bloodbane at the Scarlet Tavern.
The Lich King deployed Keleseth to Utgarde Keep in hopes of harnessing the vrykul's potential for destruction. Upon arriving, the ambassador found a people who were more than eager to assist the Scourge, and the keep proved to be an excellent staging point for terrorizing the Howling Fjord. Keleseth acted as the Lich King's eyes and ears in the Howling Fjord, and his primary residence was Utgarde, where he assisted Ingvar the Plunderer in organizing raids on the surrounding territory.
After the Forsaken's victory over the Alliance's North Fleet in the Howling Fjord, Keleseth appeared at Vengeance Landing with four Dragonflayer vrykul to taunt High Executor Anselm and invite the Forsaken to rejoin the Scourge. Anselm ordered his archers to fire at Keleseth, but the blood prince teleported behind the vrykul so that the arrows killed them instead of him. He then used his magic to drain the souls of Anselm's troops before vanishing. Anselm proceeded to send adventurers to kill Keleseth inside Utgarde Keep. During the assault on Utgarde, Keleseth was slain by the invading heroes.
Keleseth, along with his brother Valanar and Prince Taldaram from Ahn'kahet, were later raised into undeath yet again by the Lich King to form the Blood Prince Council. Their duty was to avenge themselves on the heroes that slew them and to protect Blood-Queen Lana'thel, the blood-queen of the San'layn. This new position proved to have the same outcome as Keleseth's previous one, and the blood princes were defeated once again.
|Location||Level range||Health range|
|Plaguelands: The Scarlet Enclave||72||192,200|
|Plaguelands: The Scarlet Enclave||72||480,500|
|Plaguelands: The Scarlet Enclave||72||96,100|
|Prince Keleseth (tactics)||72 - 81|
|Blood Prince Council||??|
- High Executor Anselm yells: Archers at the ready! Hold your fire!
- High Executor Anselm yells: What fool dares to enter her majesty's dominion unannounced?
- Prince Keleseth says: Ah, but it is you who intrudes on our master's territory. He could wipe you out in an instant for that transgression alone! Arthas does not have much love or patience for his escaped slaves.
- Prince Keleseth says: But... he has learned of your victory over Stormwind's North Fleet and thinks you have potential. Potential to see reason and abandon Sylvanas' childish rebellion.
- Prince Keleseth says: Arthas is prepared to offer you power beyond your imagination. The puny army you lead here would pale in comparison to the phalanxes at your command if you returned to the Scourge's embrace.
- Prince Keleseth says: Behold the Vrykul! A race that has perfected war and destruction to the point of an art form. Already they've cast their lot with the Lich King! Their dwellings surround you and their numbers are easily five times yours.
- Prince Keleseth says: The choice is yours, Anselm. Return to the Lich King's army and fight alongside them or remain loyal to your so-called queen and suffer their wrath as they drive you from their homelands!
- High Executor Anselm says: Is that all you've come to say?
- High Executor Anselm yells: Send these scumbags back to hell! Fire at will!
- The Vengeance Landing guards open fire. However, the arrows slow as Keleseth teleports behind the vrykul, so that the arrows kill them instead of him.
- Prince Keleseth says: Such a futile gesture.
- Keleseth casts a massive soul drain that kills the Vengeance Landing troops.
- Prince Keleseth says: Listen to your men's dying breaths as I drink in their souls!
- Prince Keleseth says: This will not be the last you hear of me. I will return to spit on your corpse after Utgarde's armies have descended upon you!
- During the early build of Wrath of the Lich King that was playable at BlizzCon, Blizzard had not yet issued a loot table for Prince Keleseth. Instead, he dropped bananas which summoned chimp pets.
- Keleseth appears as a legendary card in the Knights of the Frozen Throne expansion for Hearthstone.
- ^ a b c d e Ultimate Visual Guide, page 168
- ^ a b c
- ^ Hearthstone: Announcing the Knights of the Frozen Throne (2017-06-07). Retrieved on 2017-07-07.
- ^ World of Warcraft: Wrath of the Lich King: Utgarde Keep. Archived from the original on 2007-12-31. Retrieved on 2017-07-07.
- ^ a b
- ^ Adventure Guide entry for Prince Keleseth
|Stage 1||Stage 2||Stage 3||Howling Fjord|