Kezan (starting zone)
|Level: 1 - 20|
Kezan is the name of the in-game starting zone for goblin players. In the overworld, the region cannot be visited, though it appears in the Maelstrom continental map. Bilgewater Port occupies all the starting zone and is the only explorable area. An open bridge and an invisible wall prevent access to the rest of the isle.
The goblin player begins as a mid-level executive on KTC Headquarters, possessing great riches and power. At the end of the questing, Deathwing causes Mount Kajaro to erupt, forcing the evacuation of Kezan. Fleeing across the Great Sea, the goblins end up shipwrecking on the Lost Isles after getting caught in an Alliance-Horde crossfire.
- For the history of the region, see the history section on Kezan.
- For the geography of the region, see the geography section on Kezan.
Maps and subregions
|Zone Name||Faction||Level Range||Direction||Access|
|Lost Isles||1 - 20||Northwest across the sea||Via Gallywix's Yacht|
- Main article: Kezan NPCs
Kezan is home to several goblins of status. From the greedy Trade Prince Gallywix to the enthusiastic Sassy Hardwrench, the sexy Candy Cane and Chip Endale, and the Bilgewater Buccaneers trainer Coach Crosscheck, the personalities are as varied as they are colorful. Be sure to take the time to absorb the local culture before you head out to the Lost Isles, as you may never be able to return.
- Main article: Goblin starting experience
- At BlizzCon 2010, Alex Afrasiabi said that the goblin starting zone was only "a small segment of the actual whole of Kezan", and that the goblins "did want to go back to Undermine and the other goblin land holdings, just a question of when." The MOTHERLODE!! dungeon, another location south of Mount Kajaro on Kezan, was additionally added in Battle for Azeroth eight years later.
- Patch 4.0.3a (2010-11-23): Added.