- For the character from the Warcraft film universe, see .
- For Khadgar's Warcraft II statistics, see Khadgar (Warcraft II).
Leader of the Kirin Tor,|
Archmage of the Kirin Tor,
Supreme Commander of the Alliance Expedition,
Keeper of the Eternal Watch, Sons of Lothar
|Character class||Archmage, Mage, Wizard|
|Affiliation(s)||Kirin Tor, Council of Six, Armies of Legionfall, Alliance, Sons of Lothar|
|Former affiliation(s)||Alliance of Lordaeron, Alliance Expedition|
Leader of Dalaran, Leader and archmage of the Kirin Tor, Member of the Council of Six
, , , (close friends)
- "Sacrifice. To the young it means to change, but to the wizened it heralds an end. I know both meanings better than anyone else."
Khadgar is perhaps the most accomplished of all living wizards and one of the most powerful magi in Azerothian history. Khadgar currently acts as the leader of the Kirin Tor. He was an apprentice to the Guardian , until he helped defeat his possessed master. Though cursed with frailty and age, Khadgar nevertheless has been an exemplar for the Alliance, destroying the Dark Portal in the Second War, leading the Alliance Expedition to Draenor, and counterattacking against the Burning Legion and all who would threaten his world with annihilation.
While a hero of the Alliance, Khadgar is willing to work with the Horde for the greater good of Azeroth. As a member of the Council of Six, Khadgar hopes to drive the politics out of the Kirin Tor, and has been known to clash with the more partisan members of the council.
During the events on the alternate Draenor, he led the forces of the Alliance and the Horde to shut down the Dark Portal, and later worked with them to cripple the Iron Horde in various areas of the world. He focused heavily on combating Gul'dan and the Shadow Council, mostly by working alongside the faction commanders and empowering them through a legendary ring of power.
Returning to Azeroth, Khadgar tried to prevent Gul'dan from opening the Tomb of Sargeras but was forced to witness helplessly as the portal formed and the Legion poured through. He quickly informed important leaders of Azeroth of the impending Burning Legion invasion. Though the factions of Azeroth rallied to combat the demonic threat and attempt to reseal the portal, their armies were defeated at the Battle for the Broken Shore.
Knowing that the combined forces of the greatest champions of Azeroth are necessary to succeed in resealing the portal, Khadgar made a plea to the Council of Six to readmit the Horde back into the Kirin Tor in order to fight the demons at full strength. The leader of the Kirin Tor at the time, , was in opposition to this, but the Council put the matter to a vote and the majority voted against her. In response, Jaina left the Kirin Tor, unable to condone the Council's decision. Khadgar assumed leadership of the Kirin Tor after Jaina's departure and coordinated the campaign on the Broken Isles.
- 1 Biography
- 1.1 Apprenticeship with Medivh
- 1.2 The Second War
- 1.3 The Alliance Expedition
- 1.4 The Burning Crusade
- 1.5 Wrath in Shattrath
- 1.6 The son of Medivh
- 1.7 Tides of War
- 1.8 The Iron Tide
- 1.9 Warlords of Draenor
- 1.10 The third invasion
- 2 Locations
- 3 Quests
- 4 Authorship
- 5 Age and appearance
- 6 Valley of Heroes monument
- 7 In the RPG
- 8 Letters
- 9 Quotes
- 9.1 The Last Guardian
- 9.2 Shattrath City
- 9.3 Preparing to enter the Dark Portal
- 9.4 Draenor
- 9.5 Legion announcement trailer
- 9.6 Harbingers
- 9.7 Legion
- 10 Notes & trivia
- 11 Alternate timeline
- 12 Speculation
- 13 Gallery
- 14 Videos
- 15 Patch changes
- 16 See also
- 17 References
- 18 External links
Apprenticeship with MedivhThis section concerns content exclusive to the Warcraft novels, novellas, or short stories.
At the young age of 17, Khadgar was sent by the Kirin Tor to apprentice under the wizard in his tower at Karazhan. Having traveled from Kul Tiras via a ship, he got to Karazhan where Medivh's servant, , was already waiting for him. At first, Khadgar believed Medivh to be nothing more than he appeared to be — a kindly, old, if slightly eccentric and curious wizard. After Medivh asked Khadgar everything about the Kirin Tor, Medivh ordered him to clean up the library, as he had with his previous apprentices. While wandering in the tower, Khadgar found a room where he saw visions of a human army led by an old, long white-haired mage battling against creatures with green skins and black armors. Khadgar was surprised to see that the mage's eyes looked like his own. Another day, as Khadgar was sorting books, Medivh returned to his tower and attacked him, thinking that Khadgar was a thief — Medivh had forgotten that Khadgar was still there. Medivh apologized and together they went atop of the tower. By touching his head, Medivh taught Khadgar how to ride a gryphon and they went to explore the southern part of the kingdom: the Black Morass. There he made his first contact with the orcs and warlocks such as .
Medivh and Khadgar soon crossed paths with the King's Champion and his soldiers on a scouting mission to the Black Morass. Lothar had encouraged his friend to rejoin Stormwind's defense, though understood that Medivh struggled with the power he unleashed on the Gurubashi years ago. The Guardian played along and feigned a fear of tapping into unwieldy magical powers, though his true intention was to buy time for the Horde to gain power. Lothar also spoke with Khadgar, telling him about Medivh's troubled past and asking him to act as a caretaker in addition to an apprentice. Medivh became more erratic afterward, disappearing for days at a time and being exhausted when he finally returned.
After returning to Karazhan, Medivh left Khadgar alone in the tower. Khadgar continued studying and preparing for a special spell. When he thought the spell was completed, he used it and witnessed the epic battle between and Sargeras. Medivh later returned so Khadgar could accompany him to Stormwind to investigate the deaths of and .
Khadgar discovered Medivh was actually a Guardian of Tirisfal, a lineage of incredibly powerful wizards empowered by a council to combat the forces of the Burning Legion. Soon after he began to sense something was drastically wrong with his master, though he never suspected that Medivh was actually being controlled by , the Dark Titan, he became suspicious of his master's actions and motives.
After meeting a Horde emissary, the half-orc assassin Garona, Khadgar unraveled Medivh's plot to open a portal between Azeroth and Draenor. Knowing it was already too late to stop the Dark Portal from opening further, Khadgar and Garona rushed to King Llane Wrynn of Azeroth for help. The pair, along with Lord Anduin Lothar and a group of soldiers, returned to Karazhan and entered its lower part to find Medivh in psychic link with the orc warlock . Khadgar fought and managed to best his master and Sargeras by plunging a sword into Medivh's heart, but not before having his life and magical energy sucked out of him. By the end of the events of The Last Guardian, Khadgar had gone from a young adult to a frail old man with a great white beard. After the death of his master, he buried the remains of Medivh, Moroes, and the Cook behind the tower. After it was done, he finally recognized the vision which had been following him since he first entered the tower — the future-Medivh that was about to collect Karazhan' energies for next battle against the Burning Legion.
The Second WarThis section concerns content exclusive to Warcraft II: Tides of Darkness or its expansion Beyond the Dark Portal. This section concerns content exclusive to the Warcraft novels, novellas, or short stories.
Following Medivh's death and the fall of Stormwind to the orcs, Khadgar fled north with Lord Lothar and the rest of the refugees to Lordaeron. His magic returned to him over time (far stronger than it had been before), but his youth did not. While he retained the endurance, strength and agility of a young man, his appearance remained that of an old man with a lined face and stark white hair. Khadgar's presence helped lend weight to Lothar's testimony about the rest of the kingdoms aligning together to fight against the coming Horde. He was also surprised to learn that Lothar hailed from the ancient Arathi bloodline.
With the formation of the Alliance of Lordaeron secured, Khadgar was called to meet the Council of Six of Dalaran, where he revealed the truth regarding his apprenticeship to Medivh. Additionally, he revealed that he planned to aid Lothar and the Alliance in their battles against the Horde threat. Recognizing that Khadgar would follow his own course regardless of their counsel, the archmages gave him leave to go, and appointed him their official liaison to Lothar. He then joined Lothar and witnessed the birth of the Silver Hand. During this time a newly made paladin by the name of developed a rapport with Khadgar, who despite his aged appearance, was roughly the same age as the paladin.
Khadgar fought at Lothar's side for the first skirmishes at Hillsbrad and Southshore. After forcing the Horde from their initial beach landing, the Alliances forces followed the Horde northeast to the mountain pass leading to the Wildhammer dwarves' keep of Aerie Peak. Unknown to the trailing Alliance forces, the Horde's goal was not the dwarven stronghold there. It was merely a feint to lure the bulk of their pursuers into a cat-and-mouse diversion in the mountains and forests of the Hinterlands, while the main body of the Horde marched on the elven homeland of Quel'Thalas. From this location, the Horde could launch an assault on either Silvermoon City or Stromgarde. After realizing the Horde's true intentions, Lothar sent Turalyon, Khadgar, and Alleria to intercept the Horde before Quel'Thalas burned. Turalyon led his forces east and then north through the pass now known as Plaguemist Ravine, but they were too late — the Horde had already seized Caer Darrow, taken the runestone and moved further east into the forests surrounding Stratholme. The Horde proceeded to decimate Stratholme as well as the outlying town of Tyr's Hand before moving north and setting fire to Eversong Forest in southern Quel'Thalas.
The Allied forces managed to halt the Horde's advance into inner Quel'Thalas, but at the cost of many lives and a sizable portion of the Eversong Forest being destroyed. However, the Horde's wanton destruction and brutal assault on their home had convinced the elves to throw their full support behind the Alliance. When Khadgar finally left Quel'Thalas, it was at the head of an elven armada. They arrived at the Capital City, after passing through the mountainous region of Alterac, just in time to turn back Doomhammer's siege, and then chased the orcs back to the beaches of Southshore.
As the Horde retreated further south the two Alliance armies finally reconnected and marched south after them. When the two forces clashed, the Warchief of the Horde, , eventually fought and killed Anduin Lothar. Instead of shattering the Alliance's resolve as Doomhammer intended, the Alliance rallied under Turalyon and the bulk of the Horde was defeated. The Alliance forces continued south towards the Dark Portal and defeated the remnants of the Horde gathered there. Having studied Medivh's spells and the nature of the Dark Portal, Khadgar was able to destroy it, effectively severing the link between Azeroth and Draenor and cutting off Horde's reinforcements. The rift between worlds remained, however. To guard against a second attack from Draenor, Khadgar oversaw the construction of Nethergarde Keep in the Blasted Lands.
The Alliance ExpeditionThis section concerns content exclusive to Warcraft II: Tides of Darkness or its expansion Beyond the Dark Portal. This section concerns content exclusive to the Warcraft novels, novellas, or short stories.
Khadgar's fears would be validated only a year after Nethergarde's completion, when the portal opened again, and orc forces began pouring out, striking strategically to steal powerful artifacts. While fighting the orcs, suggested he'd get some food and rest. During his sleep, Khadgar had a particular dream. He was a giant running in the middle of Lordaeron, with the young appearance he had before being cursed by . When he noticed Dalaran, he ran towards and slowly began to shrink. When he touched the pavement, he was at his normal size again. There he entered the The Violet Citadel, where a dinner with a host awaited him. It was Antonidas, warning him that the Eye of Dalaran was stolen.
Realizing the havoc the Horde could bring the Alliance launched an expedition to the orc homeworld headed by Khadgar, where he quickly discovered that the situation was even worse than he had feared. The orcs, under the leadership of the shaman , were planning on opening doorways to new worlds for the Horde to plunder. During the Sons of Lothar attack on Hellfire Citadel, Khadgar entered into a duel of honor with . Dentarg's magic couldn't strike through Khadgar's defenses, and when Dentarg sent his most powerful spell Khadgar merely absorbed it into his palm and was refreshed by it. Accepting his defeat against a more powerful sorcerer, he bowed his head and Khadgar decapitated him.
Moving from there Khadgar and his fellows sought the Skull of Gul'dan, finding it in 's possession and to this end they form an alliance with Gruul against the Black Dragonflight. After that, Gruul and his ogre minions, along with the heroes, challenged Deathwing from his perch in Blade's Edge Mountains — killing his eggs and impaling his lesser black drakes on the mountain spikes. Infuriated by this act, Deathwing landed on top of them and attacked Gruul. Although clearly no match for the mad Aspect's power, Gruul was saved by Khadgar's miraculuous spell when he disassembled some of the adamantium plates that were holding Deathwing's unstable body together resulting in Deathwing's retreat. Honoring his word Gruul allowed the Alliance to leave unharmed, which they did so with the Skull of Gul'dan now in Khadgar's possession.
However, the Alliance forces ultimately failed to stop Ner'zhul from opening and escaping into his portals, and the subsequent chaotic energy the portals released began to destroy the planet. However in an act of last defiance against the dying (who had been betrayed by Ner'zhul) handed over the Book of Medivh, which he had been entrusted with, to Khadgar. To prevent the potential destruction of Azeroth, the archmage used Medivh's spellbook to close the Dark Portal from the other side, thereby shielding Azeroth from the final cataclysm of Draenor's destruction. Khadgar ushered the survivors into one of the rifts and returned back to the remnants of Draenor.
Khadgar is immortalized in a massive stone statue in the Valley of Heroes in Stormwind, alongside the other leaders of the Alliance Expedition.
The Burning CrusadeThis section concerns content exclusive to The Burning Crusade.
In World of Warcraft, Khadgar is a level 71 quest giver in the Terrace of Light of Shattrath City. He is affiliated with the Sons of Lothar and brought the Sha'tar naaru led by A'dal to Outland because he believes that only their power can drive the Legion from this universe. He hopes of uniting both Alliance and Horde against their true enemies.
Khadgar had traveled around Draenor visiting places like Auchindoun and Tempest Keep. Mages of the Violet Eye asked him for help with the reopening of Karazhan. Four months before the death of the Betrayer, the Sha'tar sent him to Netherstorm to investigate some strange appearances. So he was not present when visited the city but the warden learned about him from , a Broken innkeeper.
Khadgar, probably an advisor to the naaru called , can be found in the center dome of the Terrace of Light of Shattrath City, located in the western borders of Terokkar Forest. He appears as an NPC representing the need of the Alliance and the Horde to work together to defeat the Burning Legion (much like the Argent Dawn in Azeroth, which encourages the rival factions to ally against the Scourge). It would appear that at some point in their travels, the Expedition encountered the naaru, and have joined their holy quest to stop the Legion in its tracks. Because of Outland's nature, it is a strategic location in the Nether, and is the perfect staging ground for Legion invasions or a resistance.
Khadgar likely also met , a draenei paladin, during this time, and was probably surprised to be informed that Garona was not only half draenei, but was also Maraad's niece. Maraad's explanations of Garona's background gave Khadgar a complete picture of Garona, and a better understanding of her, realizing a parallel between her and Medivh. His experiences in turn furthered along Maraad's search for his niece and knowledge of what happened to her after she left Draenor through the Dark Portal and up until the end of the Second War. The two men apparently also became good friends as the result of meeting each other.
Khadgar explains to the varied races of Azeroth that although they may have withstood the Burning Legion twice, the Burning Legion is still marching across the universe continuing their Burning Crusade, an ongoing war to snuff out life in the universe, burning planets and crushing everyone in their path and that adventurers must join the fight.
Wrath in Shattrath
- For quotes and transcript of the video News From Outland: Crisis at Da Portal!, see Gnomeregan Gnews Gnetwork#News From Outland.
One day an unknown odor caused havoc in Shattrath City. Khadgar was interviewed by and he told that in all his days in Outland he had never smelled such a terrible stench. He said that there were refugees from all over in this city and it would be very hard to know where it comes from.
Strombone then asked if something like that had happened before, and Khadgar told him about . Finally it was discovered that Tobias was, indeed, the source of the odor.
The son of MedivhThis section concerns content exclusive to the World of Warcraft comics.
Maraad would leave for Azeroth with the re-opening of the Dark Portal to continue his search for Garona. He eventually returned briefly with Garona's son, , whom Khadgar could see a resemblance with Maraad, and immediately saw that the youth was likely the son of his old master, . Having just recently learned the truth, and feeling ashamed of his heritage, Med'an confirmed this. However, Khadgar explained that he had eventually realized that Medivh and Garona had been doomed even before birth; victims of and respectively. Even so, he says that although he personally had not even suspected Med'an's existence, for Med'an to have been born they must have fought against their fate and through him the demonic forces may yet be undone. Now knowing that his parents were not ultimately responsible for the evil they had wrought, Med'an thanks Khadgar for answering the questions he held in his mind. He refused to join the New Council of Tirisfal but sent the blood elf instead.This section concerns content exclusive to the Warcraft novels, novellas, or short stories.
Khadgar is revealed to be a member of the Council of Six and was present during the two meetings between the Council of Six and , who was requesting for help in defending Theramore from the Horde and later on for attacking Orgrimmar.
Khadgar was glad that she had survived Theramore's destruction. As the Council went to discuss Jaina's proposition of destroying Orgrimmar in retaliation for 's death, it was Khadgar who told Jaina the Six's final verdict - Dalaran would not be helping her in attacking Orgrimmar. Their reasoning being that many innocents who had nothing to do with Theramore's destruction would be caught in the crossfire of Jaina's vengeful retribution and Khadgar appealed to Orgrimmar's orphanage as an example of this. Jaina retorted that the children there will be raised to hate the Alliance anyways.
In the end, it was he who suggested that Jaina Proudmoore be elected as the Kirin Tor's new leader as a replacement for the recently deceased ; based on scrolls of prophecy that had been written by Krasus himself that indicated that Jaina was destined for the position.
The Iron TideThis section concerns content exclusive to Warlords of Draenor.
When the Portal turned red, Iron Horde marched into the Blasted Lands and laid waste to Nethergarde Keep. Unrivaled in his wisdom and experience, Khadgar was summoned to help repel the invasion. Now freshly shaven, he is firstly seen at the site of the goblin and the gnome examining the Portal. He then transformed into a raven and went to inform Warchief and King .
Warlords of DraenorThis section concerns content exclusive to Warlords of Draenor.
He led the combined forces of the Horde and Alliance alongside Thrall, and Maraad to the crater of the Dark Portal and began the mission to shut down the portal on the Draenor side. In Tanaan he directed the adventurers in deactivating the portal. After it was done, he and his group retreated to the eastern jungle. Commanding the group, they created distraction, only to be stopped by an eye of Kilrogg. Therefore he sent the adventurer and to distract the eye, while the rest escapes. When Kilrogg showed up, Ariok sacrificed himself, leaving Khadgar having no choice than to destroy the bridge between them. Near the end of the battle in Kargathar Proving Grounds, he froze the enemy combatants and left for Umbral Halls. While there he collapsed the entrance and sent Liadrin and / Exarch Maladaar and to scout the cave. After it was done, they faced off Ner'zhul who tried to collapse the cave. Khadgar teleported the group before the shaman could finish it. In Blackrock Quarry he assigned his bodyguard, , to the adventurer while he used his magic on a dam that eventually crashed and flooded the blackrock orcs. While aiming the Worldbreaker, he and the others fought off the Iron Horde. When the Dark Portal collapsed, he left Tanaan on the Iron Horde's ships.
Right after the landfall, he opened portals for and to come in and build a Garrison for the Horde and Alliance, respectively. In Frostfire Ridge, Khadgar expressed gratitude that at least some members of the Horde have agreed to work alongside him and the Alliance against the Iron Horde. He stayed in Starfall Outpost in Shadowmoon planning to stop Gul'dan. Once he located Gul'dan in Gul'var through All-Seeing Eye, that the commander and Cordana had caught, he learned the warlock's plans. Projecting himself to the village, the archmage instructed to catch the leader of the Shadow Council. Gul'dan escapes before he can be captured. However, he sends the alternate timeline version of Khadgar's old friend Garona after Khadgar, who nearly succeeds in assassinating him but is stopped and fought off by Cordana. He also travels to Frostfire Ridge, where he asked the Horde commander to help him with the Frostwolf orcs of Throm'var and continues with his original goal - the Shadow Council (the exact result of catching Gul'dan happens here too).
He is based in Zangarra in Talador and welcomes both Alliance and Horde there, though not without trouble from arcane guardians. Jaina has ordered all outsiders to Dalaran - especially the Horde - are not allowed on Kirin Tor grounds. Despite this, Khadgar says that as he is a member of the Council his friends - regardless of faction - are allowed in, and if Jaina has a problem with it she can take it up with him. He introduced the commanders to his friends - and who are to help the faction's Arcane Tower.
Khadgar participates in the Battle for Shattrath to free the city from the control of the Iron Horde troops led by Orgrim Doomhammer and Blackhand. His force cleaned up the harbor and Iron Horde's ships. When the heroes attacked Blackhand on his flagship, an explosion happened. Khadgar believed that no one survived but after seeing a flash of the Light, he teleported , Durotan, commanders and the deceased heroes back to the harbor and ordered to fire the remaining ships. He also asked to assist the Auchenai in the fight against the Legion; and to spy in Socrethar's Rise.
He is also seen in Riverside Post and Yrel's Watch conversing with Durotan and Yrel, respectively. Ultimately, he and many other are seen near the Stones of Prophecy after the death of . He also sent his elemental servant to Garrisons in order to inform the commanders about Draenor's threats, such as Socrethar.
Later, he works with adventurers to battle Gul'dan and the Shadow Council, who he sees as a far greater threat than the Iron Horde is. At this point, Khadgar offers quests to obtain a ring from Skyreach, which he imbues with power over the course of the questline. During the beginning adventures, he instructed the adventurer to obtain various items from across Draenor. After Maladaar sent him an urgent message, he had the commanders infiltrate Auchindoun where they seemingly killed Teron'gor and acquired his blood, which was then used in a failed attempt to locate Gul'dan. Later the commanders and Khadgar met up with Chromie in Nagrand. They were searching for , only to find his corpse in the Time-Lost Glade where they battled with his spirit, defeating it in the process.
Khadgar then wants the adventurer to venture through Highmaul and retrieve ogre artifacts from there in order to find out the secrets of the sorcerer king. When the adventurer returns from Highmaul, Khadgar starts his spell to find Gul'dan once again, this time managing to converse with Gul'dan. Gul'dan informs Khadgar that he had been inquiring about him and discovered that they have a history - and that the scrying works both ways. Garona tries again to kill Khadgar, and this time, she successfully poisons him only for his life to be saved by Cordana and the recently arrived . Jaina brings up that the Horde have no involvement in the Council of Six's business. She does not approve of this, but Khadgar remains steadfast and says it is not the first time he has disagreed with the Council of Six. Garona is subsequently captured as Khadgar begins searching for a way to break Gul'dan's mind control spell on her.
His next goal is thus the Blackrock Foundry and its elemental knowledge and artifacts, ultimately leading to the death of Warlord Blackhand. With the artifacts obtained, Khadgar attempted to use a spell to break Gul'dan's hold on Garona. He begins channeling the spell, which makes Garona reel in agony; Khadgar interrogates Garona as to her master's location, quickly growing agitated as he intensifies the spell. Cordana implores Khadgar to stop, seeing this as torture. Khadgar realizes what he is doing and relents, opting to find another way. Khadgar instructs the adventurer to continue their efforts against the Iron Horde while he researches alternative methods.
A short time later, Khadgar sends the adventurer to obtain an , an artifact used by the Shadow Council to brainwash their spies, in order to break Gul'dan's hold over Garona's mind. The adventurer returns with the Orb, and Khadgar uses it to expose Garona's Demon Within, a shadowy representation of Gul'dan's will. When the creature is slain, Garona thanks Khadgar and the adventurer for her freedom, and vows to fight alongside them.
Garona later leads Khadgar and the adventurer to Bladefury's Command, an Iron Horde outpost in Talador, where Gul'dan is planning to meet with Grommash Hellscream. Garona and the adventurer sneak inside and witness Gul'dan, once again, offering demonic blood to Grommash, saying that Hellscream's men have died for nothing - including his son, Garrosh. Grommash furiously declines and attempts to strike Gul'dan down, but is restrained by the warlock's demonic magic. Gul'dan then offers his blood to the rest of the orcs present; Kilrogg steps forward and drinks the blood, becoming a vicious fel orc. Garona and the adventurer inform Khadgar of these events, and Khadgar notes that history is poised to repeat itself; he instructs the adventurer to marshal their garrison for an assault on Tanaan Jungle, while he researches ways to counter Gul'dan's magic, promising to be in contact soon.
Fury of Hellfire
Some time later, Khadgar arrived to Frostwall / Lunarfall to begin the preparations for the next attack. Shortly after the commander's shipyard is built, it's time to get the experience of navy combat. Khadgar will tell the commander to find a map and obtain books from inside Hellfire Citadel. When they arrive back to him with everything he needed, Khadgar tells the commander to go his tower and tell Cordana to destroy the books you've collected. Unfortunately, it turns that Cordana had kept the orb, which leads to a fight with the Warden before she stuns them and opens up a demonic portal in order to retreat. Khadgar is visibly stricken with grief at this betrayal, but shoulders on. After the commander has gone to Karabor/Throne of the Elements to accept the final blessings of their ring, Khadgar the commander into the heart of Hellfire Citadel itself to thwart Gul'dan.
Khadgar arrives at the gates shortly after the downfall of an experiment and begins to channel to make portals all over the citadel. He is then seen after the defeat of , horrified by the sight, he teleports the adventurers further into the Citadel. After adventurers defeat Mannoroth, it's time to end Gul'dan's reign of terror for he has no place left to run, and he wants his skull for reasons...
Khadgar accompanies Yrel and Grommash as they fight Archimonde alongside with the heroes of Azeroth. After the battle, he goes up to the portal and looks down at the staff of Gul'dan and sees it turn into disappear into fel flames. He then tells Yrel that Gul'dan and the devils that command him are not so easily banished. For he fears that this is only beginning.
During the fight against , the adventurer is shown a possible vision of their death, where Khadgar and the adventurer fight a losing battle in Stormwind Keep/the Royal Quarter (depending on the adventurer's faction) against the demons of the Burning Legion. The vision ends when Khadgar dies and sends out a blast of arcane energy, killing everything in the throne room.
The third invasion
Though he was unable to stop Gul'dan from opening the Tomb of Sargeras, allowing the Legion to flood into Azeroth once more, Khadgar is determined to find the means to reseal the portal and foil the Legion's invasion. He knows that the combined forces of the greatest champions of Azeroth are necessary to succeed, even as dissenting voices speak against a coalition and risk ultimate destruction by the demons.
The Tomb of Sargeras
Seeking to locate Gul'dan, Khadgar would eventually track his magical signature to the Broken Isles. Upon arriving he meet up with seeking her help in finding Gul'dan, though the warden would refuse and hold Khadgar responsible for Cordana's betrayal. Disappointed Khadgar would depart in order to continue his search for Gul'dan. However both Khadgar and Maiev were unaware that Gul'dan had observed their meeting, before leaving at Kil'jaeden's command. The warlock would reach reached the island that his other self had raised from the ocean depths many years prior. With ease, he dismantled the arcane locks and barriers blocking the entrance into the Tomb of Sargeras before blasting the door open and swiftly plunging into the darkness.
Shortly thereafter, Khadgar entered the tomb as well after hearing the massive blast caused by the door's destruction. After evading several of the deadly magical traps laid by Gul'dan, the mage confronted the warlock in a towering chamber, and a furious battle erupted. Colossal waves of arcane and fel crashed together, threatening to ignite the air around the two combatants. Kil'jaeden's voice angrily told Gul'dan that neither of the two could die this day and that he had to withdraw. Realizing that if he did not obey, he would get cut off from the Legion immediately, the warlock shrouded himself in fel, causing Khadgar's arcane magic to unleash a blinding explosion. When he had opened his eyes again, Gul'dan was gone. A deadly cat-and-mouse game ensued, with Khadgar taunting Gul'dan in attempt to bring him out of hiding while launching blasts of fire at random into the darkness.
After a lucky shot almost reduced him to cinders, Gul'dan convinced Kil'jaeden to tell him about the power locked in the tomb and how to unleash it. Then, using this knowledge, he began deactivating the five arcane seals that had been created in the tomb by the Highborne of Suramar during the War of the Ancients using the five Pillars of Creation. Khadgar noticed this attempt and began sending out arcane elementals to find the warlock while also starting to ask if the orc had ever learned of the fate of his main universe counterpart. Gul'dan ignored him, continuing to break the seals until he reached the fifth and final one, which had begun growing more powerful with each passing moment, arcane energy surging into it — a mechanism created hundreds of years ago by a female Guardian of Tirisfal. Khadgar sensed this and created a massive arcane wedge and began slamming it into the floor of the chamber. Gul'dan threw his concealing illusion aside, and the battle between the mage and the warlock erupted once again. Realizing that he could not kill Khadgar and break the last seal at the same time, Gul'dan attempted to convince Kil'jaeden to infuse him with the tomb's power, while Khadgar finished his story and revealed the fate of the original timeline's Gul'dan: having been torn apart by the demons he had once served. Gul'dan suddenly realized that he was guaranteed to outlive his usefulness in the Legion's eyes, but in that moment, Kil'jaeden conceded and allowed the energies of the tomb to surge into the orc.
Gul'dan immediately ceased his attack upon Khadgar, instead crushing the final seal in a fist of fel fire. The energies necessary to tear open a rift between Azeroth and the Nether began surging towards the portal buried below Thal'dranath, but Gul'dan seized them for himself. After a moment of drowning in pain beneath an endless ocean of power, he regained his control and, by lifting only a finger, caused the chamber to erupt with overwhelming fury. Khadgar managed to seal himself in ice once more, but Gul'dan simply hurled the ice block through a doorway before collapsing tons of rock on top of it, blocking the entrance.
Khadgar would free himself from the ice and subsequently be joined by Maiev Shadowsong. Working together the pair would breach the chamber and head towards Gul'dan, who with no effort would brush their attacks away again and again, yet they would keep coming at him. Reconging the need for assistance Gul'dan would let his power slip away from him and down towards the portal, at last allowing the Burning Legion's third invasion of Azeroth to commence. As Khadgar and Maiev dropped to the floor, Kil'jaeden commended Gul'dan for his choice, and now Gul'dan had something he had never had from the Legion before: their trust.
As demons began pouring into the out of the portal Khadgar and Maiev ran for their lives, with the Warden heading north to fortify the Vault of the Wardens and Khadgar transforming into a raven to fly east. As the archmage glanced back towards the ever-darkening sky above the tomb, he saw Gul'dan levitating in the middle of the inferno, laughing and pointing towards the fleeing archmage to order several demons to pursue him. Khadger would evade them however and fly to Stormwind Keep and personally informed King Varian Wrynn and Prince Anduin about the arrival of the Legion.
Some time after the Legion's initial return to Azeroth, Khadgar flew to Karazhan on a gryphon in search of knowledge to aid against the demons. While he was searching the libraries of the tower, an image of his old mentor appeared before him, asking why he had come. When Khadgar said that he was seeking knowledge, Medivh replied that what he needed was not knowledge, but a weapon — that it was time that Azeroth had a Guardian once again. Khadgar angrily replied that it was decided after Medivh's death that none could resist the temptation of such power and that a Guardian was not what Azeroth needed, to which Medivh asked "If not a Guardian, if not you, then who can stop the approaching storm?" The former Guardian showed his former student a vision of Dalaran falling from the sky in flames, saying that if he did not accept his fate, all that Khadgar had accomplished and sacrificed would be for nothing.
Khadgar objected by saying that even if he said yes, there were none remaining capable of bestowing the powers of a Guardian upon him. Medivh simply replied, "I remain". He claimed that he had known this day would come, and that before his death he had imbued a tome with an echo of his essence, and that opening it would make its energies be absorbed into Khadgar. While Khadgar was still hesitant, Medivh urged him to accept his desires and showed him a vision of the new Guardian annihilating an endless army of demons by channeling their powers through his staff. Khadgar at last admitted that he had long desired the position and yearned for the Legion to cringe before the fury he would unleash... which was why he could never accept Medivh's offer. Medivh's eyes flashed fel green as his mouth twisted into a demonic maw, just as Khadgar unleashed an explosion which destroyed the tome and revealed that Medivh's echo was in fact a monstrously gargantuan nathrezim. The demon growled that Khadgar's will was strong and that he would have served the Legion well, to which the mage replied that he would never be the Legion's pawn, and that Karazhan would never be their den. Through his staff, he then channeled a beam of arcane energy that destroyed the demon and blew a hole through a window in the tower.
As Khadgar left the tower and mounted his gryphon once more, he came to the realization that no single person, not even a Guardian, could hope to stand against the Legion alone, and that the mortals of Azeroth must once again band together, united, for Azeroth.
LegionThis section concerns content exclusive to Legion.
After Dalaran temporarily moved above Karazhan, he asks the other members of the Council of Six to allow the Horde back into the Kirin Tor, knowing that the conclave needs the addition of Horde mages to fight at full strength against the Legion. Jaina refuses as she still holds immense blame on them for destroying Theramore and seemingly abandoning the Alliance at the Battle for the Broken Shore. The council holds a vote that ends 4-2 in the favor of the Horde rejoining. Jaina teleports out in anger, leaving Dalaran and the Kirin Tor in the hands of Khadgar. As the council decides their next move, shows up explaining that his brother Magni has awoken from his imprisonment and has gone to Ulduar. Khadgar and an adventurer go off to Ulduar and, after fighting off forces from both and the Legion, learn Magni has been talking with Azeroth herself, revealing that the planet is a Titan. He then goes on to explain that the only way to end the legion invasion is with the Pillars of Creation. Khadgar recognizes the name and believes he saw them in one of Medivh's books in Karazhan. He and the adventurer teleport to the tower to find the book, but discover that defenses that Khadgar had installed on a previous trip have been activated. After fending off the Legion and the tower's defenses, they find the book and take it back to Dalaran, where they summon the spirit of , the first guardian and author of the book, to tell them where the pillars are. Alodi explains they are in the Broken Isles and, after fending off the Legion and closing up several small arcane anomalies in the city, Khadgar and the mages of Dalaran teleport the city to the Isles.
Khadgar later traveled to the Vault of the Wardens to ask the recently freed Illidari to join the fight against the Legion. He teleported them to Stormwind City and Orgrimmar.
A Highmountain tauren named visiting Dalaran at Krasus' Landing awaiting the class champion. Khadgar states that the people in the mountain could be prove a powerful ally in the war against the Legion.
News from Val'sharah made Khadgar rarely say that there's good news: managed to return to his home of druidism and took care of things and is off on ahead start.
Khadgar accompanies the class champion to Azsuna. He believes he uncovered information concerning an ancient relic, which might be the key to stopping the Legion. The naga also play a part in this as herself wants the Pillar of Creation in the area which came to Khadgar's surprise. The Illidari are the first thing to deal with before engaging of find the relic. After rescuing a blue dragon named , she told him that her grandfather , the eldest of the Blue Dragonflight, knows where the Pillar of Creation is. As both Khadgar and the champion arrive at Azurewing Repose, the blue dragon was in a weakened state that Khadgar was able to stabilize Senegos with his magic. After collecting Crackling Leyworm Cores and throwing them into Senegos's pool, Khadgar asks him about the Pillar of Creation. Senegos told him about the relic: the and was shattered ages ago. Khadgar awed of how it happened and the elder dragon didn't know, but he knows where the pieces lie. Khadgar eventually defended Azurewing Repose from the Nightfallen alongside with their Withered.
The Archmage has made a discovery and tells the class champion to report to the Violet Citadel. The Council of Six, the champion, and Khadgar witnesses a message from a of a nightborne named , telling them that her people made a dire pact. Khadgar opens up a portal to Suramar and informs the champion to be careful since the land has been wild for ten thousand years.
A sentry in Trueshot Lodge spots emergency signal flares up on a hill. Both and the hunter go to investigate and finds out Khadgar sent those flares. He states that some of his best archmages have gone missing and have been getting killed off. The hunter follows him and spots felstalkers consuming magics from the mages. Lead by , they were unsuccessful to stop the threat in the area. Eventually, the three elite rangers , , and joined the cause and plotted their next move. Vereesa's plan was to lure a trap within the Violet Hold, which to that decree Khadgar and the others agreed. Khadgar channeled his essence in a arcane vessel to draw out the Houndmaster which will make him valuable; unable to assist. Hakkar was defeated by the hunters and the archmage was relieved that the threat was stopped.
Regarding Meryl's condition, called the archmage to help investigate on how to cure the illness. To make matters worse, has been absent from the Council of Six during this time that made him concern of his comrade. The mage and Archmage Kalec went to investigate on him alongside in search for the cure. Eventually, it turned out the dreadlord was playing with an image of Meryl from distances away. A gem called the that both the mage and recovered in Suramar could be the only way to contain the dreadlord. Succeed and Meryl came back to his senses, they kept Kathra'natir within the stone. Khadgar told Meryl that with the council and the newest archmage leading the class order, they will be able to defeat the Burning Legion. Millhouse just wanted to use the soulstone for his own needs. Khadgar remarks that so long as the Soulstone serves as Kathra'natir's prison it is best left untouched, and he was sure that there are plenty of other powerful artifacts out there for the gnome to find.
The archmage says that the Order of the Silver Hand have reported that an extraordinarily luminescent object has emerged from the Felstorm and is currently falling towards the coast of Suramar. What he found most curious about this occurrence is that the object was reported as having "cut a swath" through the Felstorm itself. The champion goes to the shores of Suramar and finds the object in the hands of a sea giant named within a underwater cave. Upon returning to the Hall of the Guardian, Khadgar examines the object and actives itself to tell us a message from the beyond. It was from his dear old friend and he says that the must be brought to the Prophet, for he knows what it is. Khadgar then makes a portal to the Exodar to send the adventurer to deliver what transpired. Returning from Velen of the information given to us as well as mourning a conflict what transpired in the city, the one place on Azeroth that he would trust with the safekeeping of the object: the class champion's order hall. Placing in the order hall, Khadgar sends a crystal ball of his image to the champion in this base of operations that he may have found a "key" of unlocking it. created the naaru prime with her tears, and could be used to unlock the secrets within. After obtaining the tears, Khadgar readied it for transport to the Violet Citadel to give to the class champion. Upon using it at the order hall, Xe'ra appears before the class champion and is told everything about her mission of desperation: the child of Light and Shadow. Being unconscious for 3 days according to , the champion rushed to the Violet Citadel to tell Khadgar what they have learned. For the first time the archmage felt powerless to do anything from beyond what he just heard. Khadgar then wanted to be alone for at his age it's too much to bear.
In the days to come, the champion and Xe'ra would together discover Illidan's history, his purpose and most importantly: brought back into the fold. After gathering many soul fragments for , the soul of Illidan has been taken to Helheim by struck a bargain by Gul'dan. The champion returns with the demon hunter's soul within the Soul Prism and gives it to Xe'ra. She tells the class champion to deliver the vessel to Khadgar with the following instructions: When Gul'dan attempts to tear the sky asunder and bring the dark titan into our world, call forth the power of this vessel and release Illidan's soul into his body. Khadgar surprised by this plan told by them, he will do his best with Light's Heart in his possession.
Assault of Karazhan
He later returns to Karazhan once the Legion has infiltrated the tower, working with the Kirin Tor and a band of heroes to liberate it from their grasp. Finding that Medivh had bound the tower to the Legion core worlds during his possession by Sargeras, Khadgar sets off to undo the bindings as the heroes fight to rid the tower of Legion influence. By the end of the tower, Khadgar has unbound most but not all of them, finding it impossible to undo the final bindings. This is done, instead, by his teacher, , who re-appears suddenly before the group to aid them. Shocked, Khadgar attempts to question his teacher where he has been, but the fight with the Legion takes precedent. After the band of heroes defeats the Legion in the Netherspace, he asks Medivh to aid them in their fight, only to be declined as the former guardian is "needed elsewhere". Instead, Medivh names Khadgar the new Guardian, despite the latter declining the power of the Magna. Told by Medivh he does not need the power of the Tirisfalen, rather, he has all the power he needs due to his courage, will and heart to protect the world, he will be a far better guardian than Medivh ever was. Medivh calls Khadgar Azeroth's guardian once more and states that while it may be simpler to shut a door than pass through it, sometimes a step into the unknown is required to break the bonds of fate. With that, he flies off as a raven into the Nether.
With the tower secured, Khadgar returns to Dalaran with the heroes of Azeroth, pondering on his mentor's departure location.
Khadgar and the Kirin Tor travel to Suramar to aid the Nightfallen rebellion against Grand Magistrix Elisande and serve as peacekeepers between the night, blood, and high elves. Khadgar befriends Oculeth as the two work together to teleport enemy Nightborne forces out of the way. When Elisande uses the power of the Nightwell to freeze time on the united elf army, Khadgar works with an adventurer to free and , but is unable to free the rest due to how dangerous the time stop is. After the death of Elisande's First Arcanist of the Duskwatch , the breach is secured as Oculeth teleports Thalyssra and Khadgar to the champion's position. When they arrive at the entrance to the Nighthold raid, Khadgar believes that if the timelock spell is broken, Gul'dan will surely fall. He clearly states that the Withered will not be able to handle what's coming in there and relies on the hero to gather an elite group together and will be right behind them.
Within the Nighthold the is taken out as the timelock spell is lifted and Khadgar will tell the remaining forces of what happened because they will be disoriented, and will eventually catch up. After was slain by the champions, the gates were finally breached as it took some time that they had to clean up out front. Progressing deeper into the city he wondered about that palace gardener, and simply Thalyssra comments that he took his job seriously. Krosus returns to the Twisting Nether as Khadgar proclaims that may have not been killed by the doomlord by play a role in this war. He tells the champions a briefing of and comments that the demon hunter's spirit is pleased that the dreadlord has met another painful end.
, with 's soul inside, is brought to Khadgar with instructions to call forth the vessel's power when Gul'dan attempts to summon , thus releasing Illidan's soul into his body and preventing Sargeras from possessing his hollow shell.At the Nighthold, Khadgar attempts to return Illidan's soul to his dormant body. But unbeknownst to Khadgar, Sargeras has already filled Illidan's empty shell, and doing so awakens him. When the battle is over, Illidan kills Gul'dan by burning his body with fel until only his skull remains, and then shattering the skull in his hand. Illidan says to the assembled fighters that they have seen what he has seen and now know what they face, so tells them to follow him into the abyss.
Khadgar spoke to Prophet Velen and the champions of the order halls at Krasus' Landing about using the Pillars of Creation to close the portal at the Tomb of Sargeras. However, Velen reminded all assembled that Gul'dan was merely a pawn and was still out there. Kil'jaeden, watching this all from his ship in orbit above Argus, sent Legion ships to assault Dalaran.
Khadgar led the Assault on Broken Shore. By studying the writings of , he learned that the could trigger a failsafe in the Tomb of Sargeras if it were to be placed in the Cathedral of Eternal Night. Illidan and Maiev traveled to the cathedral, while Khadgar and Velen descended into the tomb. However, near the top of the cathedral, an image of Khadgar appeared before Maiev, Illidan, and the adventurers to tell them that the assault on the lower levels of the tomb was a failure.
While adventurers battled the , Illidan, Khadgar, and Velen faced Kil'jaeden. When Kil'jaeden retreated to his Legion ship, they followed. Upon Kil'jaeden's death, his ship began to crash on Argus. Illidan used the to open a rift between Argus and Azeroth, allowing Khadgar to teleport them safely to Azsuna. In the process, Argus became visible in Azeroth's sky. Khadgar, horrified, asked Illidan what he had done, and Illidan responded that sometimes the hand of fate must be forced.
Khadgar traveled to Argus aboard the Vindicaar, a new dimensional ship crafted by the draenei. He can be found within the Vindicaar's Matrix Core room alongside , where the two discussed how each feels overwhelmed at that powers at play. Khadgar can also be found at Darkfall Ridge where he fights demons seeking to reach the Vindicaar.
In a reunion with and Alleria, he informed them that Danath and Kurdran were both still alive though he did not get to see them as often as he would like. The three agreed that when the fight was behind them the Sons of Lothar would hold a reunion feast and that, at Alleria's insistence, it would be Khadgar's turn to buy the drinks.
After was imprisoned by the Pantheon at the Seat of the Pantheon, Khadgar said that the campaign against the Legion had been long and wavering. After traversing entire worlds and spanning the Twisting Nether itself to finally achieve victory, he was tired. Yet he knew he could not rest, for Magni's visions of doom shook him to his core. Only one titan remained, and Khadgar knew they had to defend it.
However, Sargeras's final desperate attack on Azeroth, stabbing her in Silithus, caused her grievous harm. As her blood began to appear on the surface in the form of a powerful magical resource called Azerite, the Alliance and Horde started to fight over it with war threatened on the horizon. Khadgar had hoped that after the Legion's defeat the people of Azeroth would have built a new future together. Not wanting to stay and watch more lives be lost, nor willing to take up arms against either side after all they had been through together, Khadgar instead chose to go to Karazhan and speak to Medivh. He hoped that somewhere in Medivh's ancient texts lay the knowledge needed to heal the world.
|Location||Level range||Health range|
|Cathedral of Eternal Night||??||8,897,710|
|Location||Level range||Health range|
|Dalaran (Deadwind Pass)||??||20,030,800|
|Chamber of the Guardian||??||15,656,600|
|Return to Karazhan||??||166,282,800|
|The Font of Night||112||533,862,592|
|Location||Level range||Health range|
|Shattrath City (Outland)||??||10,662|
|Assault on the Dark Portal||??||15,656,600|
|Shadowmoon Valley (Draenor)||??||234,849 - 93,939,600|
|Frostfire Ridge||??||782,830 - 93,939,600|
|Shattrath City (Draenor)||??||15,656,600|
|Nagrand (Draenor)||??||234,849 - 93,939,600|
|Hellfire Citadel (Draenor)||103||17,332,400|
The Burning CrusadeThis section concerns content exclusive to The Burning Crusade. The subject of this section has been removed from World of Warcraft in patch 7.1.0.
Warlords of DraenorThis section concerns content exclusive to Warlords of Draenor.
On alternate Draenor, Khadgar is involved in many quests, but most notably the legendary ring chain:
- Tanaan Jungle
- Shadowmoon Valley
- Frostfire Ridge
- Hellfire Citadel
- Complete all of:
- Complete both:
- Complete all of:
- Complete both:
- Complete all of:
LegionThis section concerns content exclusive to Legion.
- Demon Hunter Artifact Acquisition
- Light's Heart
- Hunter Campaign
- Mage Campaign
- Return to Karazhan Attunement Quest
- Broken Shore
- Artifact challenge
- The Wound
As would be expected from an experienced and powerful mage, Khadgar has written a number of books and essays, including:
Age and appearance
- Khadgar was born in Year -14.
- In Beyond the Dark Portal, Khadgar states that he became an old man at age 17 (Year 3).
- When he reached Lordaeron along with the refugees, he was 19 (Year 5).
- At the time the Alliance Expedition entered Draenor (Year 8), he was 22 years of age.
- Based on the latest timeline from the Ultimate Visual Guide, Updated and Expanded provided by Blizzard, this would make him 46 by the time of Legion.
The spell Medivh used to drain Khadgar's life and magic caused him to grow old and turned his hair a stark white. The only lasting effect this had was on his appearance - his ability to use magic returned over time, as he did his agility, endurance, and strength.
In Warcraft II: Tides of Darkness and Warcraft II: Beyond the Dark Portal, Khadgar appears as a middle-aged man with a trimmed goatee and cropped red hair. Later in the game, he is shown to have a strip of white going through his hair and a longer greying beard (much as in the artwork of the Shadows & Light RPG book).
In World of Warcraft, Khadgar uses the classic archmage model. The monument erected in his honor in the Valley of Heroes thus depicts him as an old archmage with a long, white beard. His appearance during World of Warcraft: The Burning Crusade matches this appearance. He, again, looks this way in World of Warcraft: The Comic.
In Warlords of Draenor and Chronicle Volume 2 however, Khadgar looks significantly younger than his World of Warcraft appearance, and looks closer to his Warcraft II self. Dave Kosak stated that Khadgar had not de-aged, he was just freshly shaven. His age now finally matches his physique, as a man nearing his fifties.
Khadgar has pale blue eyes.
Valley of Heroes monument
Archmage Khadgar of the Kirin Tor
Former apprentice of Medivh. Supreme Commander of the Alliance Expedition that marched into the orc homeworld of Draenor. Presumed deceased.
Never did one so selflessly delve into the dark heart of magic and warfare. We wish you well, bold wanderer. Wherever you are.
In the RPGThis section contains information from the Warcraft RPG which is considered non-canon.
Khadgar was once young and excited to be following the path of magic. Now he understands the dangers; and though he has accumulated incredible magical powers, he has also paid a terrible price that causes him to act as he appears — old before his time. His words are considered and thoughtful; since the corruption of a man he considered near to a father, his trust must be earned. He continues to accumulate arcane power out of a sense of duty calling him to protect Azeroth against an evil he knows all too well, and his pursuit of both knowledge and his enemies occasionally borders on the zealous.
Khadgar rarely enters a battle unprepared. He will retreat when needed, only to return with more than enough force to overcome his enemies. In one-on one combat, he will initially probe his opponent while raising his own defenses, then strike decisively. He is driven to utterly destroy demonic and orcish enemies, but often settles combats that arise through circumstance by simply teleporting himself or his enemies far from the field of battle.
The innovative archmage Khadgar created the first of these pipes while studying with acolytes in Dalaran. Though the pipe of insight can look like any pipe, it is most often made with a stem of gnarled wood and a deep bowl made of yellowed bone. Sometimes the bowl has mystical lettering or runes carved into it.
This is a flawless sapphire, set in a platinum circlet, offset by tiny diamonds. The stones seem to glow with their own mystical life. When held or worn by a character, the flickering matches the owner’s heartbeat. The first of these special jewels was created by the archmage Khadgar to help keep him alive during his trials. Since then, others have been able to duplicate the creation.
Staff of Nethergarde
This simple oak staff is engraved with arcane glyphs and topped by a globe of cloudy crystal 6 inches in diameter. The staff of Nethergarde was crafted by Khadgar while studying portal magic in the Black Morass and protecting Azeroth against another invasion by the Horde.
When players reach level 100, Khadgar sends them a letter acknowledging this.
Congratulations on your achievements, <name>! We have established a foothold on Draenor and forged new alliances with this world's inhabitants.
But Azeroth remains in jeopardy. So long as the Iron Horde churns out war machines and Grommash still draws breath, our world is in peril. Continue to strengthen your garrison and recruit your fellow heroes to take the fight to the Iron Horde and all their allies. The fates of two worlds hang in the balance.
Azeroth looks to you, commander. Dot not waver.
- Archmage Khadgar
For Khadgar's Warcraft II quotes, see Quotes of Warcraft II#Khadgar.
- "When in a jungle waging war against an eternal evil, it is good to bring at least one set of waterproof footwear."
- "From what I've heard, before they formed the Horde, the orcs were apparently no more hostile than any other life on Draenor. Which is to say, they were quite hostile indeed."
The Last Guardian
- "You come from a spellcaster heritage. Your father was a mage of Azeroth, one . Your mother was , which may be a title as opposed to a name, one that goes back at least eight hundred years. You grew up in Azeroth and know King Llane and Lord Lothar from your childhood. Beyond that... nothing."
- "From that, the general belief is that when the demons were defeated, they were driven out of this world entirely. They were pushed out of the world of light and living, and into their own domain."
Shattrath CityThis section concerns content exclusive to The Burning Crusade.
After touring Shattrath with his servant, this conversation opens with Khadgar:
- I am Khadgar, former apprentice to the fallen Guardian, . I'm sure you've heard his name before.
- It was I who discovered that Medivh had been possessed by the Evil One, - and that he had opened the Dark Portal between this world and Azeroth. Though I honored my Master, I was forced to slay him and put his tortured soul to rest.
- I fought alongside Lord as we drove the Horde from our lands in Azeroth. As the heir of Medivh's legacy, I could do no less.
- When the call finally came to invade this grim world - and put an end to the orcs' evil forever - I stepped forward along with my friends , Alleria, Danath and Kurdran.
- My comrades and I called ourselves the Sons of Lothar - in honor of the greatest, most selfless man we ever knew. We gave our all to defeat and end his madness.
- As this doomed world fell apart around us, we shattered the Dark Portal to prevent any further harm from befalling our beloved Azeroth.
- Trapped in this broken wasteland, we did our best to survive. Over time we sensed that a new evil was closing in around us from the Twisting Nether. More foul than the dark orcs - it was the Burning Legion itself that sought to take hold of this... Outland.
- While my comrades held the line against the encroaching darkness, I used my magic to reach out into the Great Dark Beyond. There, I sensed beings of immense Light - of unfathomable purity.
- <Khadgar grins to himself>
- I convinced A'dal and his brethren to return here with me. I believe that only their power can drive the Legion from this universe. But as you will no doubt find - their power must first live in our hearts.
- To combat the darkness, we must become beacons of their eternal Light.
Preparing to enter the Dark Portal
At this point, we are just waiting for an opening. Once the stream of enemies abates, we make our move.
DraenorThis section concerns content exclusive to Warlords of Draenor.
- Knowledge is power.
- We will find a way through this.
- Observe and reflect.
- There is much we can learn here.
- Nothing up my sleeve.
- Oh look, there's a copper piece right behind your ear!
- I do parties!
- In fact, I AM the party!
- Be vigilant, friend.
- Keep your guard up.
- Come back in one piece.
- For Azeroth!
- Main article: Quest:The Dark Portal#Notes
- Main article: Quest:Azeroth's Last Stand
- Main article: Quest:Onslaught's End#Notes
- Main article: Quest:The Portal's Power
- Main article: Quest:The Cost of War (Tanaan Jungle)
- Main article: Quest:Blaze of Glory#Progress
- Main article: Quest:The Kargathar Proving Grounds
- Main article: Quest:Kill Your Hundred
- Main article: Quest:Keli'dan the Breaker
- Main article: Quest:The Battle of the Forge
- Main article: Quest:A Taste of Iron
- Main article: Quest:The Home Stretch
- Main article: Quest:For the Alliance!#Progress
- Main article: Quest:For the Horde!#Progress
- Main article: Quest:Catching His Eye
- Main article: Quest:Shrouding Stones
- Main article: Quest:Ominous Portents
- Main article: Quest:Soul Shards of Summoning
- Main article: Quest:Forging the Soul Trap
- Main article: Quest:To Catch a Shadow
- Main article: Quest:Safe Passage
- Main article: Quest:All is Revealed
- Main article: Quest:Have a Heart
- Main article: Quest:The Fel Crystals
- Main article: Quest:To Capture Gul'dan
- Main article: Quest:Making Acquaintances
- Main article: Quest:The Battle for Shattrath
- Main article: Quest:And Justice for Thrall
- Main article: Quest:Spires of the Betrayer#Notes
- Main article: Quest:Khadgar's Task#Notes
- Main article: Quest:Draenor's Secret Power#Notes
- Main article: Quest:Eyes of the Archmage
- Main article: Quest:Fugitive Dragon
- Main article: Quest:The Dragon's Tale
- Main article: Quest:Tarnished Bronze#Notes
- Main article: Quest:Power Unleashed#Notes
- Main article: Quest:Legacy of the Sorcerer Kings#Notes
- Main article: Quest:Empire's Fall
- Main article: Quest:The Scrying Game#Notes
- Main article: Quest:Hunter: Hunted#Notes
- Main article: Quest:Touch of the Kirin-Tor#Notes
- Main article: Quest:Blackhand's Secret
- Main article: Quest:The Unbroken Circle#Notes
- Main article: Quest:Prisoner of the Mind
- Main article: Quest:Breaking Badness
- Main article: Quest:To Gul'dan!
- Main article: Quest:An Inside Job
- Main article: Quest:The Invasion of Tanaan
- Main article: Quest:Master vs. Commander
- Main article: Quest:Cooking the Books#Notes
- Main article: Quest:Draenor's Blessing#Notes
- Main article: Quest:Darkness Incarnate
- Main article: Iron Reaver#Quotes
- Main article: Kilrogg Deadeye (tactics)#Quotes
- Main article: Gorefiend#Quotes
- Main article: Shadow-Lord Iskar#Quotes
- Main article: Socrethar the Eternal#Quotes
- Main article: Fel Lord Zakuun#Quotes
- Main article: Xhul'horac#Quotes
- Main article: Tyrant Velhari#Quotes
- Main article: Mannoroth (tactics)#Quotes
- Main article: Archimonde (Hellfire Citadel tactics)#Quotes
Assault on the Dark Portal
Our allies can only buy us so much time before the entirety of that... Iron Horde is upon our camp.
We have to keep moving.
- Blackrock Quarry
We are nearly free of Tanaan's grasp. Stay focused now, <name>.
So, this is where we will build your garrison.
Have you commanded this many troops before?
I'm sure you'll do fine... I hope.
Gul'dan's Horde is ready for us. A full-frontal assault would be costly at best and suicide at worst.
There's got to be another way...
- Garrison Shipyard
With your base fully constructed and your army in place, we can finally bring this campaign to a close. All that remains is the fortified bastion of Hellfire Citadel...
The threat on Draenor is one that impacts us all. I am glad that at least a few of you have agreed to work together against such great odds.
The Battle for Shattrath
If we are able to repel the Iron Horde from Shattrath, it will be a great blow to their strategy. If we manage to take out their Superweapon as well...
Khadgar's Tower, Zangarra
Our campaign is gaining momentum. Both the Alliance and Horde have established garrisons on the mainland. But we must be wary of counter-attacks...
- Impossible! Your ring is a handcrafted masterpiece of exquisite arcane craftsmanship, invaluable and irreplaceable!
- On the other hand, outside of my tower here is an expert in procuring the impossible. Maybe you could cross his palms with some gold.
- I won't make any guarantees.
Legion announcement trailer
- Shows the cinematic of the Dark Portal turning red.
- "On Draenor, old rivals sought to bring Azeroth to its knees."
- Shows the tower of Karazhan.
- "And while the iron tide was quelled, they were but servants of a more ancient foe that has not forgotten our defiance."
- Khadgar flies in raven form from Karazhan to the Tomb of Sargeras.
- "The vengeance of the burning shadow has come. And in our most desperate hour, we must wield the power of the enemy against them."
- Khadgar arrives at Stormwind.
- "For we stand, once more, upon the brink of destruction."
- Khadgar lands before Varian and and transforms back into his human form.
- "The Burning Legion has returned."
- "I came to Karazhan seeking knowledge. What I found was a reminder, that no single person, not even a Guardian, can stand against the Legion alone. As before, we must band together, united, for Azeroth!"
LegionThis section concerns content exclusive to Legion.
It is very good to see you, <name>.
- Hail and well met, champion.
- Knowledge is power, but using it wisely is the key.
- Gul'dan and the Legion must be stopped. (Expansion launch to patch 7.2)
- There is much to be done.
- The fate of our world hangs in the balance. (Patch 7.3)
- giggles*That tickles.
- giggles*Stop that!
- laughs*No really, stop!
- No, I'm not kidding!
- Oh no...
- Well... now I have to go change my robes. Thanks.
- Trust in yourself, champion.
- Without you, Azeroth will surely fall.
- Where you lead, we will follow.
- Farewell my friend, until we meet again.
- You are our last, best hope.
- Main article: Quest:Between Us and Freedom#Notes
- Main article: Quest:Calling of the Council#Notes
- Main article: Quest:City Under Siege#Notes
- Main article: Quest:In the Blink of an Eye (pre-Legion)#Notes
- Main article: Quest:In the Blink of an Eye#Notes
- Main article: Quest:Asking a Favor#Notes
- Main article: Quest:Ask and You Shall Receive#Notes
- Main article: Quest:Return to Jace#Notes
- Main article: Quest:Move Like No Other#Notes
- Main article: Quest:The Scent of Magic#Notes
- Main article: Quest:Informing Our Allies#Notes
- Main article: Quest:In Defense of Dalaran#Notes
- Main article: Quest:The Frozen Flame#Notes
- Main article: Quest:Into the Oculus#Notes
- Main article: Quest:Paradise Lost
- Main article: Quest:Down to Azsuna#Notes
- Main article: Quest:Into the Fray#Notes
- Main article: Quest:Journey to the Repose#Notes
- Main article: Quest:The Death of the Eldest#Notes
- Main article: Quest:The Lone Mountain#Notes
- Main article: Quest:Keepers of the Hammer
- Main article: Quest:Khadgar's Discovery
- Main article: Quest:Magic Message#Notes
- Main article: Quest:Trail of Echoes#Notes
- Main article: Quest:A Falling Star#Notes
- Main article: Quest:Bringer of the Light#Notes
- Main article: Quest:Light's Charge#Notes
- Main article: Quest:Goddess Watch Over You#Notes
- Main article: Quest:In the House of Light and Shadow#Notes
We need to get down there, <name>. The Illdari need our help to destroy the Burning Legion.
Once we've done that, we can get to our business with the Pillar of Creation here on Azsuna.
- Azurewing Repose
I will do what I can for Senegos, but I urge you to be quick about your business, <name>. I fear that he might not survive much longer.
Matters elsewhere call for my attention, and I must depart soon. However, I will return as soon as I am able.
We are living in troubled times.
Rogues with The Kingslayers
- Are those indeed Garona's old daggers? I saw her tear apart a demon in the Karazhan library once with those very blades. If I had only known what was to come...
- Rogue. Those daggers you wield... the very same that killed Llane Wrynn in cold blood. The sight of them takes me to a dark place.
- I recognize those blades of yours, <name>. They cut the throat of my King and my friend. Please... put them away in these chambers.
- Main article: Quest:Aura of Uncertainty#Notes
- Main article: Quest:Return to Karazhan#Notes
- Main article: Viz'aduum the Watcher#Quotes
- Main article: Quest:Take Me To Your Leader#Notes
- Main article: Quest:Full Might of the Elves#Notes
- Main article: Quest:Temporal Investigations#Notes
- Main article: Quest:Breaching the Sanctum#Notes
- Main article: Chronomatic Anomaly#Quotes
- Main article: Spellblade Aluriel#Quotes
- Main article: High Botanist Tel'arn#Quotes
- Main article: Krosus#Quotes
- Main article: Tichondrius (tactics)#Quotes
- Main article: Gul'dan (tactics)#Quotes
- Main article: Quest:Armies of Legionfall#Notes
- Main article: Quest:Assault on Broken Shore#Notes
- Main article: Quest:Cathedral of Eternal Night: Altar of the Aegis#Notes
- Main article: Quest:Away From Prying Eyes#Notes
- Main article: Quest:In Dire Need#Notes
- Main article: Quest:A Gift From the Six#Notes
- Main article: Quest:Thwarting the Twins#Notes
- Main article: Goroth#Quotes
- Main article: Chamber of the Moon
- Main article: Fallen Avatar#Quotes
- Main article: Kil'jaeden (Tomb of Sargeras tactics)#Quotes
Our war against the Legion has exacted a heavy price. many brave heroes lost their lives in this campaign. Those sacrifices must not be in vain.
Let us seize our chance for victory!
- Gossip after finishing the Cathedral of Eternal Night
I admit I am intrigued by the vision of Aegwynn that you encountered in the Cathedral. There is so much I could learn from the mother of my mentor , even if this manifestation is but an echo of the Guardians[sic] she was. I will continue to study her writings. They may offer insights into what awaits in the depths of the Tomb of Sargeras.
The Sargerite Keystone tore through the fabric of reality. Now the homeworld of the Legion looms before us, its armies poised to strike.
Turalyon is out there somewhere. Alleria too, I hope. If we can find my old friends, perhaps the Army of the Light can help us end this war.
- After Illidan opened the way to Argus, I was sure that we had made a grave mistake. Now, I believe, there is hope.
I must believe there is hope.
- I have faced the Legion on Azeroth and Draenor, even witnessed their corruption seeping through the timeways.
But until the rift to Argus opened, I could never have conceived the true depths of their evil. To see how they have twisted this world...
They will do the same to Azeroth unless we stop them.
- This was changed after the developers were notified on Twitter, from: "Never in my life would I imagine that I would travel to another world, much less the home of the Legion. Until Illidan ripped open a portal and I hopped on a draenei vessel made to travel the skies to take the fight directly to them. It's a good thing my hair has gone white, I suppose. Modera says it makes me look distinguished."
- The lightforged appear to be infused with the very essence of the Light. It is no wonder they have been such a powerful force against the Legion.
- I do hope the other members of the Council of Six are all right. I mean, of course they're going to be fine. They are all powerful archmagi! Yes. This is fine.
- One by one, we have defeated the mightiest agents of the Legion. But now we must face their true power...
Antorus, the Burning Throne
- Main article: Halls of the Boundless Reach
- Main article: Portal Keeper Hasabel#Quotes
- Main article: Broken Cliffs
The campaign against the Legion has been long and wearying. We have traversed entire worlds, spanned the Twisting Nether itself to finally achieve victory.
I am tired, <name>. Yet we cannot rest.
Magni's visions of doom shake me to my very core. Only one titan remains, champion, and we must defend it.
Notes & trivia
- After reuniting with Turalyon and Alleria on Argus, Khadgar told them that he couldn't find them after the devastation of Draenor. This seems to be incorrect as Beyond the Dark Portal clearly shows that after Draenor was destroyed, they all returned to Honor Hold. told Arator that his parents disappeared 15 years ago (from Year 26), so they would spent 3 years on Outland. also hinted that they got lost during a battle.
- While aboard the Vindicaar on Argus, Khadgar stated that he hadn't visited any other world, which is a confirmed oversight as he has been in Draenor (and then Outland) and very recently on the alternate Draenor.
- Khadgar was first described as a mage of Stormwind who served and advised the kingdom during the First War, only traveling to Dalaran to discuss the origins of the Dark Portal with the Kirin Tor instead of being from there. That backstory was later completely erased in the novel The Last Guardian.
- The timeline of demon hunters joining their respective leaders of the Horde and Alliance (Vol'jin) doesn't fit. Khadgar introduces himself as the leader of the Kirin Tor, yet he became the leader after the death of Vol'jin.
- Khadgar says that he looked forward to seeing Magni again, yet no real meeting between the two has ever been depicted. As such, it may have occurred off-screen during the Second War or at any point afterwards or prior.
- His name is dwarven and means "trust". This gave him an odd dichotomy with Medivh, whose name means "keeper of secrets" in Thalassian.
- Khadgar considered Medivh to be dead. Following his exposure to his former master once again at the end of Return to Karazhan, this has undoubtedly changed.
- Khadgar is the one who sends the letter containing to the commander after they've completed the achievement.
- Khadgar is the second alternate hero (player character) for the mage class in Hearthstone, and the fifth alternate hero to be revealed. He was obtained through a special iOS-exclusive promotion in April 2016 as part of the "Apps for Earth" campaign, and was the first alternate hero to be added for a class that already had one. Khadgar's flavor text reads: "His statue in Stormwind reflects his heroism, not his ego."
- In the League of Explorers adventure, Khadgar's pipe is located in the Hall of Explorers wing. remarks that loves the pipe.
- In the One Night in Karazhan adventure, a card called the Archmage's Apprentice is used during the boss battle between and a young Medivh. The Apprentice somewhat resembles a younger version of Khadgar, but when asked if that was indeed who the card was meant to represent, Ben Brode simply responded "Perhaps".
- While under Medivh's tutelage and not yet a full mage, he was formally introduced to others as "Khadgar of the Kirin Tor".
- In The Last Guardian, Khadgar was described as quite the daring student while he was a younger Dalaran pupil, often infiltrating libraries to learn about arcane knowledge. During the World of Warcraft beta mages were able to use the spell in honor of this detail of the archmage's background.
- He also has an herb named after him, .
- Khadgar owns a pair of . He used them to revive the commander after nearly killing them while enhancing their legendary ring.
- are also highly valued by the mages of Stormwind and Nethergarde.
- Khadgar was mentioned on Durnholde Keep's bulletin board in the canceled game Warcraft Adventures: Lord of the Clans.
- During the video News From Outland: Crisis at Da Portal! Khadgar was given a unique voice, but at the time had a default human voice in-game.
- Khadgar was voiced by an unknown actor in Warcraft II: Beyond the Dark Portal, by Cam Clarke in the video News From Outland: Crisis at Da Portal!, and by Tony Amendola in World of Warcraft.
- can be fished from the Dalaran fountain.
- When Kael'thas found himself on the barren lands of the Hellfire Peninsula, he mentioned Khadgar's mission in the homeland of the orcish Horde.
- Khadgar's model prior to Warlords of Draenor used female human animations rather than male ones.
- From Patch 6.0.2 to Patch 6.1.0, projections of Khadgar were added to Orgrimmar, Stormwind, and the capital shrines on Pandaria. The true reason of adding them was due to technical servers issues (such as wanting to avoid having all the 90s of a server show up in one spot).
- Although it is unclear what his "Keeper of the Eternal Watch" title refers to, it may be the constant observation of the Dark Portal under the scrutiny of the mages and wizards of Dalaran at Nethergarde Keep. This is supported by Khadgar's other role as "master of the mystic Citadel of Nethergarde."
- Over the course of Warlords of Draenor, Khadgar has not shown a preference for a single school of magic and has indeed shown a proficiency for utilizing multiple schools at once. During , he skillfully combined what seemed to be a , an , and into a single devastating attack.
- He is said to be a master of arcane magic.
- Khadgar considers an old friend. It's unclear when they first met.
- Khadgar is fond of murlocs, detests felbats and considers harpies distasteful.
- Khadgar has a paralyzing fear of paradoxes, which prevents him from any type of time travel.
- Many players affectionately nickname him "Dadgar" because of his habit of cracking puns. This was acknowledged by Blizzard in a 2017 April Fools.
- Khadgar understands the principles involved in making a homunculus, though Kirin Tor doctrine frowns on it.
- A companion based on Khadgar, the , can be obtained as a reward from the quest .
- A "Khadgar's Herbs" store features in the Blizzard World map in Overwatch.
- Khadgar owns a , a , and a watch that allowed him to reverse time and prevent an adventurer's death.
- It is unclear how he has obtained the Atiesh, Greatstaff of the Guardian, as it was last seen in 's possession. The most likely answer is Med'an gave it to him for one reason or another, as Med'an seems to have stepped down from his role as Guardian.
- When in Shattrath, Khadgar may have acted as an advisor to the Sha'tari and .
- Khadgar owns a watch, which he used during the assault on the Dark Portal to reverse the death of the adventurers. During the fight with 's spirit, Khadgar cast a spell named Call of the Timewalker. As such, he may be either a member or an ally of the Timewalkers group. He has also shown the ability to feel the flow of the timeline.
A portrait of Khadgar as seen in the canceled Warcraft Adventures.
Khadgar statue in Stormwind Keep.
Khadgar's statue seen in the Cataclysm cinematic
Khadgar in the TCG
Khadgar's placeholder model in the Warlords of Draenor beta
Khadgar at the Lunarfall Shipyard
Khadgar at the Frostwall Shipyard
Khadgar with in the movie
Khadgar in the movie
Khadgar at Nethergarde Keep with in Shadows & Light
- The Story of Khadgar
- Destruction of the Dark Portal
- Destruction of the Dark Portal, take two
- Blasted Lands: Into the Portal
- Talador: The Battle for Shattrath
- Hellfire Citadel: Victory in Draenor!
- In the Blink of an Eye
- Bringer of the Light
- Kil'jaeden's downfall
- ^ a b c d
- ^ a b #Valley of Heroes monument
- ^ Beyond the Dark Portal
- ^ a b Alleria's Journey (WC2 Human)
- ^ a b c
- ^ Ultimate Visual Guide, Updated and Expanded, pg. 86
- ^ a b Warlords of Draenor Official Site "Perhaps the most accomplished of all living wizards..."
- ^ a b Dave Kosak on Twitter (2014-07-23). Retrieved on 2015-08-02. “Khadgar is an Alliance character willing to give quests to individual Horde heroes he trusts.”
- ^ Tides of War, 253 (ebook). "Khadgar, one of the most powerful magi in Azerothian history."
- ^ Dave Kosak on Twitter (2014-07-19). Retrieved on 2015-08-02. “That's exactly what he is [an a alliance hero that is willing to work with the Horde for the greater good].”
- ^ Dave Kosak on Twitter (2014-07-19). Retrieved on 2015-08-02. “Khadgar is [neutral again in WoD]. He wants to get the politics out of the Kirin-Tor.”
- ^ World of Warcraft: Chronicle Volume 2, page 121
- ^ The Last Guardian
- ^ The Last Guardian, 390-2 (ebook)
- ^ a b Rosenberg, Aaron. Tides of Darkness, 10. ISBN 978-1-4165-3990-2. He was reliving the battle in Karazhan, and experiencing again that horrible wrenching sensation as Medivh drew from him his magic and his youth. The magic had returned—indeed, in many ways it was far stronger now than before—but his youth was gone, torn from him long before its time. He was an old man now, at least in appearance. He still felt hale and hearty, and had as much endurance and strength and agility as ever, but his face was lined, his eyes deep-set, and his hair and fledgling beard a stark white. Though only nineteen, Khadgar knew he looked three times that and more.
- ^ Rosenberg, Aaron. Tides of Darkness, 163. ISBN 978-1-4165-3990-2.
- ^ Rosenberg, Aaron. Tides of Darkness, 331. ISBN 978-1-4165-3990-2.
- ^ Tides of Darkness
- ^ Rosenberg, Aaron; Christie Golden. Beyond the Dark Portal, 261. ISBN 978-1-4165-5086-0.
- ^ World of Warcraft: Illidan, chapter 10
- ^ CGW：World of Warcraft: The Burning Crusade (English). Computer Gaming World, December, 2005 by Jeff Green (2005-11-16). Retrieved on 2009-07-21. “"The Burning Crusade," says Metzen, "is the Burning Legion's ongoing war to snuff out life in the universe, to put it mildly." Khadgar explains to the varied races of Azeroth that although they may have withstood the Burning Legion twice, the bad guys are still marching across the universe, burning planets and crushing everyone in their path—and that mortal heroes (like you) must join the fight.”
- ^ a b c Blizzard Entertainment Inc. 2007-04-19. Crisis at the Portal (English). News From Outland: Crisis at Da Portal. Retrieved on 2009-07-20.
- ^ Micky Neilson on Twitter (2013-02-22). Retrieved on 2015-08-02. “We haven't specified, but Khadgar is "the most likely suspect."”
- ^ a b Dave Kosak on Twitter (2014-07-15). Retrieved on 2015-08-02. “Not de-aged. Just freshly-shaved. :)”
- ^ The Tomb of Sargeras
- ^ Legion - Heroes & Villains
- ^ The Tomb of Sargeras
- ^ Harbingers - Khadgar
- ^ Gul'dan dungeon journal, Mythic phase
- ^ Nighthold ending cinematic
- ^ World of Warcraft: Legion - Patch 7.2 – The Tomb of Sargeras Trailer
- ^ Samantha Shackleton#Quotes
- ^ Sean Copeland on Twitter (2014-07-10)
- ^ Beyond the Dark Portal, chapter 16. "I became an old man at seventeen."
- ^ Tides of Darkness, first prologue
- ^ Beyond the Dark Portal, Chapter 14
- ^ a b Shadows & Light, 41-2
- ^ a b More Magic and Mayhem, 142-3
- ^ Shadows & Light, 169
- ^ The Art of World of Warcraft: Warlords of Draenor, pg. 75
- ^ The Art of World of Warcraft: Warlords of Draenor, pg. 103
- ^ The Last Guardian pg. 231
- ^ Steve Danuser on Twitter
- ^ Arator the Redeemer#Quotes
- ^ Steve Danuser on Twitter
- ^ Warcraft II: Beyond the Dark Portal manual, Legends of the Land, Khadgar
- ^ Warcraft II: Beyond the Dark Portal missions#Introduction
- ^ The Last Guardian, 36
- ^ Rafaam Unleashed dialogue
- ^ a b Ben Brode on Twitter
- ^ Grubb, Jeff. "4 - Battle and Aftermath", The Last Guardian, 77. ISBN 978-0-6710-4151-9. “Lothar, this is my apprentice, Khadgar of the Kirin Tor.”
- ^ "Curse of the Blood Elves: The Dusts of Outland", Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne. Blizzard Entertainment.
- ^ BlizzardCS on Twitter (2014-11-13). Retrieved on 2015-08-02. “Archmage Khadgar has used Mirror Image! You will now find him in the Shrines, Orgrimmar & Stormwind, as well as the Blasted Lands.”
- ^ Quest:Felrglrglrglrgl
- ^ 7.8.0 Patch Notes#Story and World
- ^ Grubb, Jeff. The Last Guardian, 30-31. ISBN 978-0-6710-4151-9.
- ^ []
- ^ Micky Neilson on Twitter
- ^ Micky Neilson on Twitter (2014-09-29). Retrieved on 2015-08-02. “No new Guardian yet.”
| Preceded by:
| Succeeded by:|
| Preceded by:
Leader of the
| Succeeded by:|
| Preceded by:
Leader of the Kirin Tor and Ruler of Dalaran
| Succeeded by:|