|Sources: World of Warcraft|
Kharanos is a bustling little town nestled among the mountain peaks of Dun Morogh. The town is surrounded by the stark wintry wilds of Dun Morogh, so adventure is a common commodity and some of the less tenacious folk in town might pay good coin to complete various tasks in the surrounding region. Kharanos is home to a large forge, a gnomish workshop, and the famous Thunderbrew Distillery, where adventurers can sit down and drink some of the best ale available in the world.
For all its quaint charm, Kharanos is a hub of military activity, defending against all manner of threats in the region. Directly to the west is a large cavern inhabited by fierce wendigo. To the northwest, the Frostmane trolls have entrenched themselves at Shimmer Ridge. Kharanos is where all new recruits fresh from Anvilmar report to begin their adventures in earnest.
Once, a giant Frostmane troll attacked the town and almost killed every dwarf. Only was able to defeat the troll and thus was honored as a hero of Kharanos. Shortly before the Shattering of the world, earthquakes hit Kharanos. All the citizens were rescued by Rohan, and some members of the Alliance.
- <Cloth & Leather Armor Merchant>
- <General Supplies>
- <Engineering Supplies> - at Steelgrill's Depot
- <Mechanostrider Merchant> - at Steelgrill's Depot
- <Blacksmithing Supplies>
- Class Trainers
- <Hunting Trainer> - on top of a hill just south of the inn
- <Paladin Trainer> - in the Thunderbrew Distillery inn, on the landing
- <Mage Trainer> - in the Thunderbrew Distillery inn, on the landing
- <Priest Trainer> - in the Thunderbrew Distillery inn
- <Rogue Trainer> - in the Thunderbrew Distillery inn, back in the kitchen
- <Warlock Trainer> - at a tiny camp on the hillside just south of the inn
- <Warrior Trainer> - in the Thunderbrew Distillery inn
- Profession Trainers
- <Blacksmithing Trainer> - in the smithy
- <Engineering Trainer> - at Steelgrill's Depot
- <Mining Trainer> - at Steelgrill's Depot
- <Cooking Trainer> - in the Thunderbrew Distillery inn, back in the kitchen
- <First Aid Trainer> - in the Thunderbrew Distillery inn
- <Riding Trainer> - at Steelgrill's Depot
In the RPGThis section concerns content exclusive to the Warcraft RPG and is considered non-canon.
Aside from Ironforge, Kharanos is the largest settlement in Dun Morogh. The town's steep roofs and sturdy wooden architecture are surrounded by a stone wall that keeps monsters at bay. Kharanos' dwarves are expert hunters and take special joy in using their long rifles to bring down timber wolves. This town, in Coldridge Valley, is a welcome sight to a weary traveler.
- Patch 4.0.3a (2010-11-23): Flight path and Mountaineer tents added.