Shaper and Forger of Worlds
Khaz’goroth (or Khaz'Goroth) was the titan shaper and forger of worlds. He forged Azeroth and designed Un'Goro Crater to be an area for experimentation. He was ultimately killed by alongside the rest of the Pantheon during the battle at Nihilam. While their bodies were destroyed, their souls survived and launched themselves throught the Great Dark. The spirits then slammed into the Keepers of Azeroth.
- When the Pantheon prepared to go to war against the Old Gods infesting the world-soul of Azeroth, Khaz'goroth helped guide his siblings when they crafted their army of titan-forged. Just as the other members of the Pantheon bestowed some of their powers onto the keepers, the most powerful titan-forged, Khaz'goroth bestowed his mastery over earth and forging to Keeper Archaedas.
- Through , Khaz'goroth bestowed some of his vast power upon the mighty black wyrm, Neltharion. The great-hearted Neltharion, known afterwards as the Earth-Warder, was given dominion over the earth and the deep places of the world. He embodied the strength of the world and served as 's greatest supporter.
- My blessing upon you will seem humble compared to those which have been bestowed upon the others: the managing of time, of life, of dreams and magic. I offer you the earth. The soil, the ground, the deep places. But know that the earth is the basis of all things. It is where we are rooted. Where you must come from, if you are to go to. Here is whence true strength comes. From deep places...within the world, and within oneself. - Blessing of the Black Aspect
In World of Warcraft
This section concerns content exclusive to World of Warcraft.
- The could be purchased from Legacy Justice Quartermasters.
- The drops from trash mobs in the Firelands and can also be purchased from .
- One of the effects that can be gained from using the item in Karazhan is called "Flame of Khaz'goroth", which deals additional fire damage.
- Khaz'goroth's apprentice, , can be found at the Shaper's Terrace in Un'Goro Crater.
- Khaz'goroth's Seat is a room in Uldaman where can be found.
- The is one of the five Pillars of Creation.
In the RPG
- Small flames flicker across this stocky, bronze-skinned giant's body. He frowns in obvious disapproval, and clenches a massive smith's hammer.
Shaper of mountains and canyons, Khaz'goroth is the ultimate craftsman. He is a master of many arts and disciplines; with Eonar's help, he created Azeroth's dwarves, troggs and, perhaps, mountain giants. He crafted the mountains in which the Ironforge dwarves dwell — their kingdom's name, Khaz Modan, means "mountains of Khaz." A fiery, brooding entity, Khaz'goroth loves working at his forge and listening to tales of heroism and valor.
Khaz'goroth’s portfolio encompasses earth, stone, metal, dwarves, troggs, mountains and craftsmanship. Most Ironforge dwarves know that the titans created them, but do not know exactly which titan — so Khaz'goroth receives little veneration. As the dwarves uncover more titanic mysteries, they will undoubtedly find ways to revere their creator.
Khaz'goroth is most likely based on the Greco-Roman god of fire and the forge, Hephaestus (Latin Vulcan). Additional inspiration might have been taken from Aulë, a Vala and one of the Ainur of the mythology of J.R.R. Tolkien, where Aulë was the creator of the dwarves (who called him Mahal, the Maker) and took part in forging the lands and mountains of Middle Earth.
- ^ World of Warcraft: Chronicle Volume 1, pg. 20
- ^ World of Warcraft: The Magazine Issue 5
- ^ World of Warcraft: Chronicle Volume 1, pg. 50
- ^ World of Warcraft: Chronicle Volume 1, page 54
- ^ World of Warcraft: Chronicle Volume 1, pg. 31
- ^ Charge of the Dragonflights
- ^ Thrall: Twilight of the Aspects, page 287
- ^ a b Shadows & Light, 118
- ^ a b Shadows & Light, 119
- ^ Horde Player's Guide, 241-243