Kil'ruk the Wind-Reaver
|Affiliation(s)||Klaxxi, Old Gods' forces|
Alive / Killable (WoW)
- "You fought many battles, toppled many foes, yet not a single action in your life mattered until you crossed the Serpent's Spine and entered our lands. You obeyed the Klaxxi. You released me from my long sleep in the amber. In doing so, you finally became useful."
Kil'ruk the Wind-Reaver is one of the Klaxxi paragons, a mantid champion preserved from an era long-past. He is the first paragon the player meets in the Dread Wastes. He is a proud old soldier who saw value in allowing outsiders to aid in the Klaxxi's war against .
Death From Above
|This article or section needs to be cleaned up to a higher standard of quality.|
Upon his breath Kil'ruk heard the song of the Empress guiding him to destroy attack those before the mantid swarm. While the rest of his flock curled up from exhaustion Kil'ruk continued on until he succumbed to fatigue on the fourth day. One day Kil'ruk witnesses a hawk in action and grew fascinated with it and attempted to emulate it by diving from the sky. Within record time he was able to dive at 25 strides from the sky. Unknown to Kil'ruk is action has grabbed the attention of the Klaxxi who began to watch him with growing interest.
Sometime after Kil'ruk desired a blade so that he could have talons in order to fight the battlements, though the ambersmith he spoke to was confused on why he wanted to do such a thing when he was a flyer. Kil'ruk's dedication also ensured by the tenth night he was able to dive seventy-five strides. Meanwhile on the fourteenth day of his life Kil'ruk earned the title Wind-Reaver for his successful actions in killing and devastating the enemy when a desperate Xuexing tried to use the huatang in his last moments of life to kill the mantid, only to die and explode the energy around him. It was during this time that he successfully dived like a hawk, used his enemies swords like his own talons to the stunned amazement of his enemies such as , and soon after his victory encounter the hawk that had inspired him. Kil'ruk would soon come to the conclusion that hawks tastes delicious.
When sought to speak with the Wind-Reaver, Kil'ruk was confused on why Pok would be disappointed that he would not put aside the empress's commands. After a mogu relic cut the mantid swarm off from the voice of their empress, the Klaxxi made the decision to awaken to aid them and decided that Kil'ruk should be one to do so to ensure he's drawn out of his depression. With the tactics of the Bloodcaller, the Mogu were defeated and the artifact destroyed, though Kil'ruk was enraged that used a spell to bind himself to an urn thus robbing the Wind-Reaver of the opportunity to kill the mogu. 
Mists of PandariaThis section concerns content exclusive to Mists of Pandaria.
Using an item received from a Klaxxi oracle, the Wind Reaver is the first Paragon the players awaken and is the one who guides players to the Klaxxi. He bestowed the title of on the adventurer and took them to Klaxxi'vess, where he was to execute them, but they were deemed useful and therefore spared. Eventually, he assisted the Wakener and his Paragon brethren in an assault on the Heart of Fear. After the battle, Kil'ruk sees fit to give the Wakener a warning that the Mantid's loyalty have always been to the Old God whom they venerate as "The Old One." He describes the hate the Mantid have for Titanic races, seeing them as the "Children of the Usurpers" and that if the Old Gods should ever return, the Mantid will side with them.
Siege of OrgrimmarThis section concerns content exclusive to Mists of Pandaria.
unearthed the Heart of Y'Shaarj. Seeing a common ally in Garrosh's True Horde and feeling the need to protect the last remnant of their god's body, Kil'ruk lead the remaining Paragons to Orgrimmar to battle the Darkspear Rebellion and Alliance's united front. He and the other paragons met their ends at the hands of the Wakener, who had sided against Garrosh and Y'Shaarj. However, his dying quote suggests that he could possibly return.
|Location||Level range||Health range|
- Death from above.
- My life for the Klaxxi.
- Their death will be swift.
- I am called to serve.
- Speak, Wakener.
- Your kind is weak!
- Your kind is...irritating.
- I don't know if I made this explicitly clear to you, but I do not like you very much!
- The cycle will be preserved.
- Show no mercy!
- Be a leaf in the wind.
- The Empress must fall!
- Leave me now!
- Conversation with
- Kil'ruk the Wind-Reaver says: I have heard of your "heroism," Locust. They say your raids on mogu labor camps and farmlands delayed the completion of the wall by decades.
- Kil'ruk the Wind-Reaver says: I cannot argue with your results, but how can a proud warrior of the swarm make his name chasing down fleeing peasants and farmhands?
- Ka'roz the Locust says: Easily: You don't have to leap as far between kills.
- Klaxxi enhancement
- Gather enough enemies, and I will strike from the sky.
The Mantid's Origin
- Wakener, your deeds have earned you the trust of the Klaxxi.
- You are to be rewarded. Walk with me.
- We mantid are an elder race. The pandaren you associate with - they are but children. They have their role to play.
- Each cycle, our young swarm their walls. The pandaren slay the weak. The strong return.
- With each generation, we grow ever stronger.
- Before your history began, our empire was vast. We shared this world with our sister kingdoms, Ahn'Qiraj and Azjol-Nerub.
- Our Gods were many, and powerful. We mantid worshipped the seven heads of Y'shaarj.[sic]
- Great was the Old One, and terrible was His wrath. He consumed hope and begat despair; He inhaled courage and breathed fear.
- When the usurpers came - the ones you call "Titans" - Y'shaarj[sic] was destroyed.
- His last terrible breath has haunted this land ever since, but the shadows he left behind are mere whispers of his former glory.
- I tell you now, because you have earned this warning.
- Your gods are not our gods, outsider.
- If the Old Ones ever return, we mantid will once again stand by their side.
- The wisest among you will do the same.
- Patch 5.0.4 (2012-08-28): Added.