110 (Requires 110)
After completing this quest chain, the Battle for Lordaeron begins, starting with .
- Find Saurfang in Northern Darkshore
- Assist the Warchief
- Follow Saurfang
- Speak with Sylvanas
Malfurion would have never let Lor'danel fall without a fight. He must have gone after her.
My army has approached from the North, and our reinforcements have arrived from the South -- which means that they are not along any of the roads.
Search the forest with me, <name>. We will find them and be done with this once and for all.
You will receive:
The Horde endures.
<The flames cast Sylvanas' face in shadow.>
- On accept
- High Overlord Saurfang says: Make haste! The warchief awaits!
- Reaching Saurfang
- High Overlord Saurfang says: The warchief faces Stormrage alone! I must...
- Varok tosses his weapon at Malfurion.
- Malfurion Stormrage says: ARGH! Saur...fang?!
- Sylvanas walks to the wounded archdruid. Varok falls to his knees in remorse at his action.
- High Overlord Saurfang says: A dishonorable blow. I... regret it.
- Lady Sylvanas Windrunner says: Regret nothing. You did well.
- High Overlord Saurfang says: It was not my place to interfere.
- Lady Sylvanas Windrunner says: My victory was inevitable. He was merely wasting my time.
- Lady Sylvanas Windrunner says: Finish him and be done with it. Take a moment, if you like... then take his head. Meet me at the World Tree.
- Sylvanas mounts and rides away.
- Malfurion Stormrage says: You have led... your Horde... in service... of death. You will... regret this day...
- Tyrande appears over a hill and runs to Malfurion.
- Tyrande Whisperwind says: Malfurion! No!
- Tyrande Whisperwind says: You did not kill him, orc. Why?
- High Overlord Saurfang says: I struck without honor. I did not deserve to end him.
- Tyrande Whisperwind says: The entire war is without honor. How dare you spill so much innocent blood... for nothing!
- High Overlord Saurfang says: Not for nothing. We spill blood so that the Horde will endure.
- Tyrande Whisperwind says: Because you spared Malfurion, I will offer you a choice.
- Tyrande walks closer to Malfurion and aims her bow at Varok.
- Tyrande Whisperwind says: Attempt to stop me from taking him away, and die... or remain there, kneeling in the dirt, and live.
- High Overlord Saurfang says: You have a choice as well. Take him to Darnassus and both of you will fall when we conquer it... or flee somewhere far from here, so that you both survive.
- Tyrande summons the light of Elune and begins healing Malfurion as Varok walks away.
- High Overlord Saurfang says: Come, champion. We must follow our warchief to... victory.
- Tyrande uses her Stormwind Hearthstone to teleport Malfurion and herself to safety.
- Speaking to Sylvanas
- I am ready.
The Warbringers: Sylvanas cinematic plays:
- The camera pans along the shore of Darkshore, aflame. The silhouettes of three people are looking at Teldrassil: Varok Saurfang, Nathanos Blightcaller, and Sylvanas Windrunner.
- Sylvanas Windrunner: Secure the beach.
- Sylvanas Windrunner: Prepare to invade the tree.
- Sylvanas hears the weak coughing of a dying night elf, Delaryn Summermoon, and turns to her.
- Delaryn Summermoon: Why?
- Delaryn Summermoon: Why? You've already won.
- Delaryn Summermoon: Only innocents remain in the tree.
- Sylvanas Windrunner: This is war.
- Delaryn Summermoon: No... This... is hatred... rage.
- Delaryn Summermoon: Windrunner, you were... defender of your people. Do you not remember?
- Sylvanas kneels down, pulls Delaryn's face up to her, and leans close to her ear, whispering.
- Sylvanas Windrunner: I remember... a fool.
- Sylvanas recollects her fateful encounter with Arthas Menethil, the Lich King, in Quel'Thalas. She and a handful of rangers are launching bow shots at the invading undead. A mother elf with her daughter stumble to the ground near Sylvanas, who pulls the mother to her feet.
- Sylvanas Windrunner: Take her! Run!
- Arthas, astride Invincible, appears with his army, rushing toward the line of defense. Sylvanas spares a glance at a defender and springs into action, landing strike upon strike against an innumerable amount of undead. Pulling out her daggers, she intends to land a blow on Arthas, when he unsheathes Frostmourne and runs her through. Tears fall from her eyes, the streaks burning into her skin as Frostmourne takes her soul. She looks at her lifeless body on the ground before spotting the mother and child off in the distance. They too did not survive the attack.
- Sylvanas Windrunner: Life is pain. Hope fails. Now you understand.
- Sylvanas, still whispering into the ear of Delaryn, pulls back. Tears fall from Delaryn as Sylvanas looks impassively at her before breaking into a smile. She wipes a tear from Delaryn's cheek.
- Sylvanas Windrunner: Don't grieve... you'll soon join your loved ones.
- Delaryn Summermoon: I grieve for you.
- Sylvanas's smirk is wiped from her face.
- Delaryn Summermoon: You've made life your enemy. And that is a war you'll never win.
- Delaryn Summermoon: You can kill us... but you cannot kill hope.
- Sylvanas turns to face Teldrassil before looking back at Delaryn.
- Sylvanas Windrunner: Can't I?
- As Delaryn stares at Sylvanas in horror, she turns Delaryn's head to look in the direction of Teldrassil.
- Sylvanas Windrunner: Burn it.
- Sylvanas turns her eyes, then her whole body in the direction of Nathanos and Saurfang, upset that her order was not carried out. Nathanos looks at Sylvanas as if to confirm what he heard.
- Sylvanas Windrunner: Burn it!
- Nathanos starts to move. The catapults are loaded with burning projectiles and start firing on Teldrassil, landing strikes on the tree. As Delaryn breathes her last, she sees Teldrassil aflame, and Sylvanas on the beach staring at it.
On the other side of the cutscene, Delaryn is dead and Teldrassil burns. Check in with Sylvanas one final time:
- On complete
- Lady Sylvanas Windrunner says: When I sent you on this mission, I did not foresee this outcome.
- Lady Sylvanas Windrunner says: Our attack was meant to end a war before it began... To capture an enemy's home and annihilate their leaders in one stroke. To inflict a wound that would bleed the Alliance dry.
- Lady Sylvanas Windrunner says: We have only partially succeeded. The Alliance will retaliate. They will come for us. For me. For you.
- Lady Sylvanas Windrunner says: But they ARE bleeding. Their anger will prove a weakness, not a strength, in the war to come.
- Lady Sylvanas Windrunner says: Rest while you can. Prepare for the battles ahead. I will have need of you.
- Sylvanas, Nathanos, and Varok walk inland, not looking back.
- (starts July 24/25)
- Complete both:
- Complete both:
- Complete both:
- (starts July 31/Aug 1)
- Complete all of:
- Like several other quests from the War of the Thorns event, this quest's name is a reference to one of Queen's songs, Killer Queen.
- Patch 8.0.1 (2018-07-17): Added.
- Activated 2018-07-31.
- Activated 2018-07-31.