Kilrogg Deadeye (tactics)
- For the alternate timeline's character's biography, see Kilrogg Deadeye (alternate universe).
|Race||Fel orc (Humanoid)|
- Main article: Kilrogg Deadeye (alternate universe)
Kilrogg Deadeye, Warlord of the Bleeding Hollow, seized control of his clan after performing a ritual to learn of his death. With this knowledge, he led his clan fearlessly on countless campaigns, marching toward the glorious end he desires. Now, with demon blood coursing through his veins, Kilrogg awaits you in Hellfire Citadel, awaiting the moment of his death, or yours.
Ever since the Lords of War shorts highlighted the gory ritual that lies at the heart of the Bleeding Hollow clan’s traditions, we knew that visions of death would have to feature prominently in the encounter. It’s unclear whether these visions are immutable, or whether knowing one’s destiny gives one the power to alter it....
Kilrogg's Visions of Death transports players to the moment of their doom. The more demons a player kills during this phase, the greater stacks of Undying Resolve they receive. Failure to send anyone to this phase results in heavy raid damage. As the fight progresses, Kilrogg calls for his clansmen to drink the fel blood within the chamber. If these Salivating Bloodthirsters reach the blood, they transform into Hulking Terrors.
- Blood Globules that reach Kilrogg Deadeye damage the raid.
- Fel Blood Globules that reach Kilrogg damage the raid and heal Kilrogg.
- Enter Visions of Death and kill demons to gain stacks of Undying Resolve.
- Kill Salivating Bloodthirsters before they reach the blood pool.
- Interrupt the Hulking Terror's Rending Howl.
- Heal players affected by Heart Seeker to keep them alive.
- Death Throes pulses damage to the raid.
- Enter Visions of Death and heal allies. Each demon killed grants stacks of [Undying Salvation].
- Prevent Hulking Terrors from dying next to allies.
- Take turns tanking Hulking Terrors to control your level of Fel Corruption and avoid losing control to Demonic Possession.
- Use Active Mitigation defensive abilities to counter Shred or else suffer from Shredded Armor.
- Fel Corruption — Throughout the fight, Fel Corruption is inflicted onto the raid. As Fel Corruption increases on a target, it inflicts increasing damage over time. At 100 Fel Corruption, the target is dominated by the Burning Legion.
- Shred Armor — The caster's next attack shreds the target's armor for great Physical damage. Victims of this attack are affected with Shredded Armor. Shreds the victim's armor, causing them to receive 40% more damage for each application of Shredded Armor. This effect will not apply to tanks using their active mitigation.
- Heart Seeker — Kilrogg hurls a knife at your heart, inflicting 171000 to 189000 Physical damage on impact and an additional 33000 Physical damage every 1 sec. to you and all targets in a line. In Mythic difficulty, as the fight progresses Kilrogg picks multiple targets for Heart Seeker. Also, the Heart Seeker debuff will last the duration of the encounter.
- Blood Splatter — The wound left by Heart Seeker causes searing blood pools to form that inflict 50000 Shadow damaged every 1 sec. to anyone within them.
- Blood Globule — Summoned next to a player affected by Heart Seeker. Immediately begins making its way towards Kilrogg.
- Fel Blood Globule — Summoned next to a player affected by Heart Seeker who is covered in Fel Blood. Immediately begins making its way towards Kilrogg.
- Death Throes — Inflicts 85500 to 94500 Fire damage to enemies, every 2 sec for 6 sec. Damage decreases the further targets are from Kilrogg Deadeye. Also fires missiles at random ranged target destinations, inflicting 172900 to 191102 Fire Damage to enemies within 5 yards. In Mythic difficulty, Death Throes inflicts Fel Corruption onto the raid.
- Vision of Death — Fel energy pours from Kilrogg's eye socket, transporting enemies who bask in its light to the moment of their doom. If not enough targets are found, Kilrogg inflicts 100000 Fire damage to the raid.
- Undying Resolve — With the knowledge that Kilrogg will not be your undoing, your damage is increased by 10% for 1 min.
- Undying Salvation — With the knowledge that Kilrogg will not be your undoing, your healing is increased by 10% for 1 min.
- Cleansing Aura — With the knowledge that Kilrogg will not be your undoing, you reduce Fel Corruption from nearby allies for 1 min.
- Salivating Bloodthirster — Immediately starts running for the blood pool when summoned.
- Hulking Terror — Salivating Bloodthirsters transform into these terrors if they reach the blood pool.
- Savage Strikes — Inflicts 57% weapon damage to all targets in a 9 yard 90-degree cone in front of the caster, and 2 points of Fel Corruption every 0.5 sec for 4 sec.
- Fel Claws — The Terror's melee attacks have a chance to splash Fel Blood onto the current target, inflicting 2 points of Fel Corruption.
- Rending Howl — Inflicts 40850 to 45150 Physical damage to all enemies on impact, and an additional 28001 to 28451 Physical damage every 1 sec for 10 sec. If interrupted, increases cast speed by 50%.
- Fel Rupture — The Hulking Terror bursts, spraying fel blood on anyone nearby, inflciting 142500 to 157500 Fire damage and 30 points of Fel Corruption to enemies within 10 yards. In Mythic difficulty, Fel Rupture leaves behind a Fel Puddle. Fel Puddles that have not been removed summon Fel Blood Globules during Death Throes.
- Fel Puddle — The Hulking Terror leaves a Fel Puddle that inflicts 6 Fel Corruption every 1 sec. to anyone within it. Fel Puddles that haven't been absorbed within 15 sec. summon a Fel Blood Globule.
- Hellblaze Imp — The footsoldier of the Burning Legion, encountered during Visions of Death.
- Hellblaze Fiend — The brute of the Burning Legion, encountered during Visions of Death.
- Hellblaze Mistress — The elite of the Burning Legion, encountered during Visions of Death.
Kilrogg Deadeye requires 2 tanks: one for the boss and one for the Hulking Terror adds. Save for the end of the first set of visions so the empowered players can benefit. Position on the front of the altar in front of Ariok. This is close enough for melee dps to quickly switch to the adds that spawn on the altar and far away enough for ranged dps to kill the adds that approach the alter/Kilrogg. Assign 6 players as the 2 "Vision teams" who will go into the Visions of Death.
The main mechanic of this fight is Visions of Death. Kilrogg will channel a spell facing his left, causing 3 magic circles to spawn in that direction. One player must stand in each of the three circles. If any one of them is not occupied by the time Kilrogg finishes casting, the spell will fail, no one will get the buff and the raid takes fire damage. Send two DPS and one healer into the visions. Once inside, they will enter a vision of either Stormwind Keep's throne room or the Royal Quarter of the Undercity. The two dps must kill the waves of incoming demons while the healer keeps both them and Khadgar alive. The imps are weak and die quickly, the Hellblaze Fiends leave felfire on the ground which must be avoided, and the Hellblaze Mistress fires a cone of flame in front of her. With each demon killed, the players will gain a stack of Undying Resolve (dps) or Undying Salvation (healers). This buff is absolutely necessary for beating Kilrogg before his stacks of Death Throes becomes too high and wipes the raid. Once the players reach 20 stacks, or they die, Khadgar sends all three back to the fight with Kilrogg, with the DPS now having a massive boost in damage and the healer's Undying Salvation serving to purify the tanks of the fel corruption that the Hulking Terrors put on them. The healer should stand close to the tanks until the corruption is completely gone and then move back with the rest of the ranged and healers.
Kilrogg will call adds called Salivating Bloodthirsters that will move toward the altar at the front of the room, becoming Hulking Terrors when they reach it. One will immediately drop down on the altar a few seconds after Kilrogg calls out “Come brothers, seize your destiny!” while several others will spawn at the sides and back of the room. Melee DPS should focus on the hulk that spawns immediately, while ranged DPS focus on the ones coming forward. Use any slowing effects you can keep them from the altar. Having 2 hulks on the add-tank at once will require cooldowns to survive, three will likely lead to a wipe. The hulks themselves have attacks that will cause Fel Corruption on the add-tank that needs to be dispelled by the vision-healer standing next to him/her. The add will use Savage Strikes which hits in a cone in front of it, so point it away from the melee dps at all times. Rending Howl should be interrupted, but the hulk casts faster the more times it is interrupted, so bring it down as soon as possible. For ranged and healers, Kilrogg will also be throwing Heartseeker daggers which will go through and damage whoever is between Kilrogg and the target. When the dagger hits, it will spawn a blood globule one the ground where the player is standing that will start inching toward Kilrogg. Kill it, as if it touches the boss, it will cause raid-wide damage. The targeted player should move to the back of the room so the ranged DPS will have as much time as possible to kill the blood globule.
This achievement is easier than others in Hellfire Citadel. If the raid is sufficiently geared, has vision teams that know what they are doing, and none of the DPS die to Death Throes, the raid should get this achievement by simply doing the fight normally.
- Kilrogg Deadeye yells: Why do you resist your own blood, Ariok? Give in to your rage.
- Ariok yells: Release me from these bonds and I will show you my rage, Kilrogg!
- Kilrogg Deadeye yells: The choice is simple, Ariok: Submit or die.
- Kilrogg Deadeye yells: Friends of yours, Ariok? No, wait... you look familiar.
- I've been waiting for this day!
- Salivating Bloodthirster
- Come, brothers! Seize your destiny!
- Heart Seeker
- I'm going to cut your heart out!
- Death Throes
- Let's see how many fall before I do!
- Vision of Death
- Gaze into my eyes and witness your doom!
- The raid sees a vision of their final stand against the Burning Legion, alongside Khadgar. Horde players are transported to the Royal Quarter of the Undercity, while Alliance players are sent to the Throne Room of Stormwind Keep.
- Archmage Khadgar says: It's good to see you survived that last assault, but when the Burning Legion makes its final push, they'll wipe us out.
- Archmage Khadgar says: It's been an honor to fight by your side all these years, but our strength was not enough to save Azeroth. Before we meet death, let's send a few hundred demons screaming back to the Twisting Nether!
- Final stand against the Legion
- Hellblaze Mistress yells: Soon you will burn with the rest of Azeroth!
- Hellblaze Mistress yells: Burn!
- Archmage Khadgar yells: Give Sargeras my regards!
- Archmage Khadgar yells: You will not defeat us so easily!
- Khadgar dies
- Archmage Khadgar yells: FOR AZEROTH!
- With his final breath, Khadgar unleashes a mana explosion that decimates everyone.
- Vision of Death not handled
- Was this how you wanted to die?
- Ariok at low health
- Ariok yells: I will die before I serve the Burning Legion!
- Ariok dies
- Ariok yells: GHHAAAaaa!!!
- Killing a player
- Did you believe you could kill me?
- You were not the ones I saw.
- At last, this is the death I saw!
- Unused quote
- Archmage Khadgar: Gather them together, champions! My magic will do the rest!
Patches and hotfixes
- Hotfix (2015-10-06): "Fixed an issue that could allow stacks of Rending Howl to incorrectly persist on Salivating Bloodthirsters that have been transformed into Hulking Terrors after a wipe."
- Hotfix (2015-09-30): "
- Kilrogg Deadeye's Heart Seeker now deals damage and spawns globules only against the target of the ability on Normal Difficulty.
- Significantly reduced the health of Blood Globule and Fel Blood Globule on Normal Difficulty."
- Hotfix (2015-07-09): "Players that die during the Vision of Death phase should no longer have Spirit of Redemption or Purgatory triggered once the phase has ended and result in the player actually dying."
- Hotfix (2015-06-26): "The Fel Corruption buff gained from Hulking Terrors before the Kilrogg Deadeye encounter is now removed upon exiting combat."
- Hotfix (2015-06-25): "Fixed an issue where players that died during the encounter while the raid group completes the achievement "A Race Against Slime" was not receiving Ariok as a follower."
- Patch 6.2.0 (2015-06-23): Added.