King Ymiron (tactics)
- For his biography, see King Ymiron.
|Title||King of the Vrykul|
|Former affiliation(s)||Scourge, Vrykul, Dragonflayer clan|
|Occupation||King of the Vrykul, Leader of the Dragonflayer clan|
|Location||Ymiron's Seat, Utgarde Pinnacle|
|Relative(s)||Queen Angerboda (wife)|
King Ymiron is the last boss of Utgarde Pinnacle.
Proud Ymiron ruled the northern wastes until the vrykul's long slumber relegated him to insignificance. He regained consciousness to find that his wife had been murdered, his lands besieged by enemies. He has cast off his mortality and demands vengeance, eager to show the terrible resolve of an awakened giant.
Gift of the Fallen Kings
When King Ymiron reaches 66% and 33% health remaining, he calls upon a fallen vrykul king to grant him a new ability. He retains this ability until he chooses a new fallen king. In Heroic Difficulty, King Ymiron calls on a fallen king at 80%, 60%, 40% and 20% health remaining.
- Spirit Burst — Ranulf of the Screaming Abyss grants King Ymiron the ability to unleash a burst of spirit energy, inflicting Shadow damage to all players.
- Summon Spirit Fount — Bjorn of the Black Storm grants King Ymiron the ability to summon a spirit fount that inflicts Shadow damage to a random player every second.
- Spirit Strike — Haldor of the Rocky Cliffs grants King Ymiron the ability to strike a player, inflicting Physical damage and increasing their Physical damage taken for 10 sec. This effect stacks up to $48423U times.
- Summon Avenging Spirits — Tor of the Brutal Siege grants King Ymiron the ability to summon 4 Avenging Spirits to attack players.
- Wither — Avenging Spirit's melee attacks reduce all stats by 2% for 10 sec. This effect stacks up to $48585U times.
- Screams of the Dead — Whenever King Ymiron chooses a fallen king, he unleashes a bone chilling scream that stuns all players for 8 sec.
- Bane — King Ymiron is surrounded with an aura of Bane, which inflicts Shadow damage to all players within 0 yards whenever he takes direct damage. This effect lasts for 5 sec.
- Dark Slash — King Ymiron slashes a player, inflicting damage equal to half of their current health.
- Fetid Rot — King Ymiron afflicts a player with Fetid Rot, inflicting Nature damage every 3 sec. and decreasing healing received by 25% for 9 sec.
This fight requires little strategy but is still quite difficult, particularly in heroic.
The primary aspect of this fight is that he hits the tank VERY hard. His normal hits are for ~3k-5k and Dark Slash hits the tank for 50% of their health.
Occasionally, King Ymiron will cast Bane which causes shadow damage when he is attacked. All DPS need to stop attacking when Bane is up. It needs to be dispelled or spell stolen immediately so dps can resume.
He will also occasionally cast Fetid Rot on a random party member, which needs to be removed as quickly as possible.
Every 33% HP on normal, and every 20% on heroic, King Ymiron will cast Screams of the Dead, which stuns the entire party for 8 seconds (mages can out of this stun and humans can use ). He will then randomly run to one of the 4 longboats in the room and channel a spell from a Vrykul ancestor there. This will give him an additional ability for the next 33 or 20% of his life. After reaching the next 33/20% mark, the previous longboat will burn and that ability will end. Thus, Ymiron will call on two ancestors' blessings during his normal battle, and all four during his heroic battle.
With respect to Ymiron's throne, these boats do:
Near Left Boat Haldor - Gives the target the debuff Spirit Strike that increases damage taken. Will stack over time!
Near Right Boat Bjorn - Allows him to summon Spirit Fount, an orb that does AoE shadow damage and moves around the room slowly. Ymiron needs to be kited away from the Fount and party members need to stay away from it.
Far Left Boat Ranulf - Give him the ability to cast spirit burst, an AoE shadow nova for ~2k (Heroic: ~4-5k)
- (during Children's Week)
- You invade my home and then dare to challenge me? I will tear the hearts from your chests and offer them as gifts to the death god! Rualg nja gaborr!
- Summons King Bjorn
- Bjorn of the Black Storm! Honor me now with your presence!
- Summons King Haldor
- Haldor of the Rocky Cliffs, grant me your strength!
- Summons King Ranulf
- Ranulf of the Screaming Abyss, snuff these maggots with darkest night!
- Summons King Tor
- Tor of the Brutal Siege! Bestow your might upon me!
- Killing a player
- Your death is only the beginning!
- You have failed your people!
- There is a reason I am king!
- Bleed no more!
- What... awaits me... now?
- Patch 3.0.2 (2008-10-14): Added.