Kirtonos the Herald
|The subject of this article was removed from World of Warcraft in patch 5.0.4.
- For other uses, see Herald.
|Location||Chamber of Summoning, Scholomance|
Long ago, he became the master of Scholomance's . Responsible for many of the atrocities during Krastinov's rule over Scholomance, Kirtonos fed on the blood of his innocent victims. To appease his master, Doctor Krastinov had to provide the gargoyle with more and more blood.
In later days, Kirtonos was a rare visitor to Scholomance. The was not easy to obtain around Caer Darrow now that most of its inhabitants were dead. Only the ghosts remained, plotting the gargoyle's demise.
- Curse of Tongues — Forces nearby enemies to speak in Demonic, reducing their casting speed by 50% for 15 sec. Only one curse per warlock can be active on any one target.
- Disarm — Disarms an enemy, forcing it to stop wielding its weapon for 10 sec.
- Dominate Mind — Takes control of a humanoid enemy up to level 25 for 15 sec.
- Kirtonos Transform — Transforms Kirtonos into the form of a vampire.
- Pierce Armor — Reduces an enemy's armor by 50% for 10 sec.
- Shadow Bolt Volley — Hurls missiles of dark magic, inflicting Shadow damage to nearby enemies.
- Swoop — Inflicts normal damage plus 54 to enemies in a cone in front of the caster, stunning them for 2 sec.
- Wing Flap — Strikes enemies in a cone in front of the caster, knocking them back.
Kirtonos the Herald is an optional boss that needs to be summoned in the small alcove near The Summoning Room. There is a brazier that requires the use of the (be sure no one is outside the gate at the top of the stairs when you use the blood — the gate shuts). Kirtonos will fly through the window, transform to his humanoid form, and engage you.
Tank him at the top of the stairs. He has a knockback attack and if he sends you out the window, you will zone out of the instance.
On the way to the Stratholme Live side, after clearing the gate trap, you will see a sign in front of you at the fork in the road. This sign reads Kirtonos Bros. Funeral Home. It is speculated that Kirtonos once lived in Stratholme before the war.
How or if this is connected to his vampirism is unclear. Although, if he has always been a gargoyle, it probably is not connected to him. It is possible however that, being a funeral parlor, Kirtonos fed on the blood of the deceased, as his business dealt with them.