Known murloc territories and villages
This is a list of known murloc territories and villages.
- 1 Eastern Kingdoms
- 2 Kalimdor
- 3 Northrend
- 4 Elsewhere
- 5 Underworld Minions
- 6 References
- Location: Elwynn Forest (lake, river, Stone Cairn Lake); Westfall (coastal, Longshore); Redridge Mountains (lake, Lake Everstill)
- Levels: 6-19
- Types: Coastrunner, Flesheater, Forager, Hunter, Lurker, Minor Oracle, Minor Tidecaller, Netter, Nightcrawler, Oracle, Raider, Scout, Shorestriker, Streamrunner, Tidecaller, Tiderunner, and Warrior
- Famous/Named: Squiddic (level 19, rare); "Captain" Cookie (level 16, elite), Brack (level 14, rare); Slark (level 10, rare); Old Murk-Eye (level 15, quest)
These murlocs pillaged Captain Kelisendra's ship cargo.
- Location: The Golden Strand as well as the Tranquil Shore in Eversong Woods.
- Levels: 6-8
- Types: Oracle, Seer, and Forager
- Famous/Named: Mmmrrrggglll (level 9) (Grimscale chief)
These Murlocs come in to conflict with both the Rot Hide gnolls and persistent Forsaken. To the south in Silverpine Forest, the Vile Fins build huts and villages along the shore and upon the islands of Lordamere Lake.
- Location: Tirisfal Glades (coastal); Silverpine Forest (Lordamere Lake)
- Levels: 7-12
- Types: Minor Oracle, Muckdweller, Oracle, Puddlejumper, Shorecreeper, and Tidehunter
- Famous/Named: Muad (level 10, rare), Deeb (level 12, rare)
These lonely murlocs eke out an existence on the southern shores of the region.
- Location: Hillsbrad Foothills (coastal)
- Levels: 18-20
- Types: Coastrunner, Muckdweller, Oracle, and Tidehunter
This is the only region in Khaz Modan that is hospitable to the murlocs' aquatic nature. The vast fens and sticky marshes are home to the Bluegill tribe, who are constantly hunted by adventurers issuing out of Menethil Harbor.
- Location: Loch Modan, Wetlands (coastal, marshland)
- Levels: 13-22
- Types: Forager, Mudskipper, Oracle, Puddlejumper, and Wanderer
- Famous/Named: Whitefin (level 14, rare), Gobbler (level 22, quest)
This is an especially vicious breed of murlocs.
- Location: Northern Stranglethorn (coastal, the Vile Reef)
- Levels: 25-27
- Types: Forager, Oracle, Hunter, Tidal Lord, and Warrior
- Named: Gmurgl (quest giver)
- Location: Northern Stranglethorn (lake)
- Levels: 24-27
- Types: Coldbringer, Forager, Hunter, Oracle, and Warrior
The Marsh tribe lives to the south and east of the ancient temple that lies in the fens.
- Location: Swamp of Sorrows (marshland)
- Levels: 51-53
- Types: Muckdweller
These murlocs pillaged lived in peace with naga, until they turned on them.
- Location: The Red Reaches in Blasted Lands.
- Levels: 57 - 59
- Famous/Named: Neptool (Rockpool chief), Salt-Flop
A physically-small tribe located on the southeastern part of the Isle of Quel'Danas.
They are neutral, but are being mind-controlled by the naga.
- Location: Isle of Quel'Danas (coastal)
- Levels: 60
- Location: Darkshore (coastal)
- Levels: 12-19
- Types: Coastrunner, Hunter, Netter, Oracle, Seer, Tidehunter, and Warrior
- Famous/Named: Flagglemurk the Cruel (level 14, rare)
- Location: Azuremyst Isle (Coastal)
- Levels: 8-10
- Types: Oracle, Hunter
- Famous/Named: Murgurgula (Level 11)
- Location: Bloodmyst Isle
- Levels: 11-17
- Types: Shorestriker, Seer, Scout, Forager, Tidecaller, and Warrior
- Location: Ashenvale (subterranean, Blackfathom Deeps)
- Levels: 22-25 (elite)
- Types: Muckdweller, Oracle
- Famous/Named: Gelihast (elite), Mutanus the Devourer (elite; Mutanus is found in the Wailing Caverns and may or may not be a Blindlight.)
- Location: Dustwallow Marsh (coastal) Mudcrush Durtfeet likes to eat these murlocs!
- Levels: 34-37
- Types: Ambusher, Coastrunner, Muckdweller, Oracle, and Puddlejumper
- Famous/Named: Burgle Eye (level 37, rare), Razorspine (level 35, quest)
- Location: Chillmere Coast, Howling Fjord
- Levels: 65-71
- Classes: Coastrunner, Oracle, Tidehunter
- Famous/Named: Old Icefin
- Location: Winterfin Retreat, Borean Tundra
- Levels: 62-70
- Types: Oracle, Shorestriker, Warrior
- Famous/Named: Mrmrglmr, Ahlurglgr, Brglmurgl, Cleaver Bmurglbrm
Turquoise-skinned with yellow bellies, these murlocs all bear red tattoos of slitted eyes above wide toothy grins. Some paint the symbol across their bodies as well. This tribe is supposed to be particularly ferocious and intelligent, and its members wield some of the best equipment. They usually content themselves by mincing rival murloc tribes.
- Location: an island near Broken Isles.
- Types: Warrior, Rogue, and Shaman
- Famous/Named: Ogloop, Ipwoom
- Location: Serpentshrine Cavern
- Levels: 71 (elite)
- Types: Warrior, Shaman, Lurker, Hydromancer, and Depth-Seer
This organization of murlocs worshiped a banshee or naga named Sea Witch. The group used to have an underground lair, but it collapsed when Thrall escaped their dungeon. These were the first murlocs introduced (chronologically) into the Warcraft universe. Surprisingly, other members of the Underworld Minions included ghosts, golems, spiders, skeletons, gnolls, salamanders, and sludges.
These are the units found in the Warcraft III prologue called Exodus of the Horde that served as the demo for Warcraft III: Reign of Chaos. They were not in the retail version of Warcraft III: Reign of Chaos' "prologue campaign", but were later included with the re-release in the Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne "custom campaign".
- Fighting units