- For lore, see kodo.
The colossal Kodo Beasts of the Kalimdor plains proved to be valued allies of the Orcish Horde. The mighty beasts were charged with carrying the Orcs’ pounding war drums into battle. The huge kodos, serving as symbols of Orcish might and valor, also use their enormous size and strength to aid the Orcs in battle.
Although the Kodo Beast has the unarmored armor type, he has 1 armor. The unarmored armor type is there to balance out his high health and War Drums ability, which works very well with many end-game units such as Tauren.
When Kodo Beasts Devour a unit, the Kodo Beast's vision is given to the owner (enemy player) of the unit Devoured until the unit inside the Kodo Beast is fully Devoured.
- Consumes a target unit, slowly digesting it and dealing 5 damage per second to it. If the Kodo Beast is killed while the consumed unit is still being digested, the unit that was devoured will pop out.
||Ground, Non Hero, Enemy
If a melee unit attempts to attack the Kodo Beast, have it devour them. Don't try to have the Kodo go and Devour a unit from afar or they'll get mowed down very quickly. Don't devour units with items, as they won't drop them when the Kodo consumes them inside.
- All friendly units within the aura's area of effect have their attack increased.
|Area of Effect
||Air, Ground, Friend, Self
- War Drums
- Increases the damage bonus that the War Drums aura on the Kodo Beast gives. War Drums increases the damage of friendly units around the Kodo Beasts. Damage is increased by 10%.
||War Mill, Fortress
- Gives the ability to carry up to four items. Items carried by the unit will be dropped upon death.
- Units can not use or gain benefits of items that they carry.
- The description is very similar to the one of Battle.net but it's in present tense in some points and adds more detials.
The colossal kodo beasts of the Kalimdor plains are valued allies of the orcish horde. The mighty beasts were charged with carrying the orcs’ pounding war drums into battle. The huge kodos, serving as symbols of orcish might and valor, also use their enormous size and strength to scatter enemy forces. When enraged, kodos are fond of devouring their enemies whole.
World Editor description
- Lumbering war beast, mounted by an Orcish drummer. Has the abilities War Drums, and Devour. War Drums gives friendly units nearby a bonus to attack damage. Devour allows the Kodo to eat a target enemy unit. Can gain the War Drums Upgrade.
Kodo Beast from Game Informer
- Patch 1.10 (2003-07-03):
- The Frozen Throne
- Kodo Beasts are now Unarmored.
- Patch 1.03 (2002-10-09): Kodo Beasts now have 1000 hit points, up from 790 hit points. They also attack more slowly than before.
Warcraft III - Orcs -> Units -> Kodo Beast