The Kodo Graveyard is a large gaveyard that is final resting place of the Kodo, location in Desolace. Notably, there is a quest to collect kodo bones that requires adventurers to fight kodo apparitions which materialize when they attempt to loot bones on the ground.
In the RPG
- "Mighty as the reptilian kodo beasts are, they are not immortal. Those that feel the approach of death make their way through the Thousand Needles to the plains in eastern Desolace, where they eventually perish. No one knows why the kodo beasts come to this particular place, but it is a habit long maintained. The area is filled with bones as well as the sick and the dying. It is far from peaceful, however, as everything from scavenging raptors to mighty lions come to feast upon the aged kodo beasts."
From Lands of Mystery:
- "In the waning years of their lives, kodo instinctively trek to this the Kodo Graveyard in the center of Kalimdor, where they spend their last hours."
- The entire concept of the Kodo Graveyard is a reference to the legendary elephant graveyards.
- The Desolace graveyard is located here, as well as Ghost Walker Post, a Horde camp.
- If you visit here while dead, you can see level 60 Kodo Spirits.
- This is a good place to find , near the skeletons of the Kodos.
- Some of the kodo skeletons do not contain structure, and you'll find yourself walking through them, while others are as solid as should be.
- Many bones seem to be from kodos much greater than the ones than roam around the place. This would explain the nature of the graveyard as a fossil dig site.