Kor'kron Dark Shaman
|Location||Valley of Strength, Siege of Orgrimmar|
The Kor'kron Dark Shaman are the seventh boss encounter in the Siege of Orgrimmar. They are located within Grommash Hold in the Valley of Strength after the players break through the front gates. Haromm and Kardris Dreamseeker, formerly normal shaman Class trainers, now twist and bind the elements to their will as Dark Shaman. The encounter is very telegraph heavy, and contains numerous Stay out of the fire mechanics that turn the battle field into chaos in a small amount of time.
- 1 Background
- 2 Overview
- 3 Abilities
- 4 Strategy
- 5 Loot
- 6 Related Achievements
- 7 Quotes
- 8 Trivia
- 9 Patches and hotfixes
- 10 References
- 11 External links
Haromm and Kardris trained thousands of shaman to whisper reverently to the elements to requisition their aid. The army of Garrosh, however, does not ask - they take what they desire in the name of the True Horde. Dark Shamanism forces the elements into servitude, twisting them into burned-out ash, corrupted waters, and toxic air.
One of the precepts of Garrosh’s True Horde is a disdain for all demonic magic, so when we wanted a more caster-oriented boss, we instead delved into the question of what shamanism would look like within Garrosh’s army. The attire for these two wolfriders was inspired by the traditional Warcraft III Shaman unit, and we’re excited to be able to give lucky Shaman players a chance to earn that look for themselves by defeating this encounter.
Haromm and Kardris begin the encounter fighting alongside their vicious war wolves. The two powerful Dark Shaman share health, and they drop corrupted totems that grant them each different abilities as they sustain damage.
- If targeted by Haromm's Foul Stream, aim the blast away from other raid members.
- Keep away from Ashen Walls and Foul Slimes, which damage anyone near them.
- If targeted by Haromm's Foul Stream, aim the blast away from your allies.
- Keep away from Ashen Walls and Foul Slimes, which damage anyone near them.
- When Falling Ash strikes the ground, the blast deals heavy damage to the entire raid.
- Take turns tanking Haromm in order to allow the effects of his Froststorm Strike to dissipate.
- Position Haromm's Ashen Walls carefully to avoid limiting your allies' movement.
- Keep the Foul Slimes spawned by Foul Geyser away from your allies.
- Spirit Link — Damage dealt is shared between Earthbreaker Haromm and Wavebinder Kardris.
- Bloodlust — When the Dark Shaman reach 25% health remaining, they will go into a blood frenzy, incresing all damage dealt by 30% and haste by 25%.
- Darkfang and Bloodclaw — The riding wolves of the Dark Shaman, Darkfang and Bloodclaw will visciously defend their masters.
- Totems — The Dark Shaman will drop Totems during the fight that grant them new abilities.
- Poisonmist Totem — Poisonmist Totem grants Earthbreaker Haromm the Toxic Mist ability, and grants Wavebinder Kardris the Toxic Storm ability. The Dark Shaman drop Poisonmist Totems upon reaching 85% health.
- Foulstream Totem — Foulstream Totem grants Earthbreaker Haromm the Foul Stream ability, and grants Wavebinder Kardris the Foul Geyser ability. The Dark Shaman drop Foulstream Totems upon reaching 65% health.
- Ashflare Totem — Ashflare Totem grants Earthbreaker Haromm the Ashen Wall ability, and grants Wavebinder Kardris the Falling Ash ability. The Dark Shaman drop AshflareTotems upon reaching 50% health.
- Rusted Iron Totem — Rusted Iron Totem grants Earthbreaker Haromm the Iron Tomb ability, and grants Wavebinder Kardris the Iron Prison ability. The Dark Shaman drop Rusted Iron Totems upon reaching 95% health.
- Froststorm Strike — Strikes a player with charged weapons, inflicting 200,000 Nature damage and causing the player to take 100% additional Nature damage for 60 sec.
- Toxic Mist — Injects several players with a toxic mist, inflicting 150,000 Nature damage every 3 sec. for 30 sec and causing growing Toxicity. Due to the internal nature of the corruption, Toxic Mist pierces all immunities. This ability is granted by Poisonmist Totem.
- Toxicity — Increases Nature damage taken by 10% per stack.
- Foul Stream — A stream of foul liquid inflicts 300,000 Nature damage to all enemies on a line. This ability is granted by Foulstream Totem.
- Ashen Wall — Summons a line of stationary Ash Elementals that will attack any nearby enemies. This ability is granted by Ashflare Totem.
- Iron Tomb — Inflicts 500,000 Physical damage to players within 3 yards and creates an Iron Tomb. This ability is granted by Rusted Iron Totem.
- Froststorm Bolt — Fires a bolt of bitter frost, inflicting 400,000 Frost damage.
- Toxic Storm — Summons a powerful toxic storm that inflicts 300,000 Nature damage to players within 9 yards every 2 sec. and periodically creates Toxic Tornadoes. The storm will move around and lasts for 1.5 min. This ability is granted by Poisonmist Totem.
- Toxic Tornado — Toxic winds inflict 200,000 Nature damage to players within 5 yards every 1 sec. and knock them up.
- Foul Geyser — Conjure foul water that inflicts 300,000 Nature damage to players within 4 yards every 0.5 sec. for 8 sec. Each splash creates a Foul Slime. This ability is granted by Foulstream Totem.
- Falling Ash — Summons a core of smouldering ash that will fall over 30 sec. Inflicts 999,999 Fire damage to players within 10 yards and 200,000 Fire damage to all players on impact. This ability is granted by Ashflare Totem.
- Iron Prison — Encases the player in a prison of iron that slowly asphyxiates them, inflicting 100% of maximum health as Physical damage after 60 sec. This ability is granted by Rusted Iron Totem.
This fight is relatively straightforward, but can be very challenging, as the chaotic nature of the fight pretty much forces you to "wing it", rather than plan carefully. You will need 2 tanks, 3 to 6 healers, depending on group size, and as much ranged DPS as possible.
First, kill both wolves as quickly as possible. Next, and for the rest of the fight, the tanks should keep the bosses together as much as possible so as to allow for cleave damage.
The main challenge comes from avoiding standing in bad stuff - and there is a LOT of it. Some particularly notable abilities that require special player actions are as follows:
Foul Stream: A large green light beam will shine on a player, and a few seconds later, a line of bad stuff will appear between Haromm and that player. That player will need to move so that the line doesn't go through the rest of the raid group.
Ashen Wall: A line of ash elementals will appear perpendicular to the line between Haromm and the tank currently on him. The tank should stand with his back to the boundary of the arena, so that the wall doesn't block the other players. See the External Links section for an interactive web page that helps you learn to position the wall.
Foul Geyser: Kardris will spawn a large number of slimes from a particular location. All players will need to avoid letting them get within melee range, and the ranged DPS will need to kill the slimes as quickly as possible.
The tanks will need to taunt swap regularly doe to Haromm's Froststorm Strike. If there are any warriors, rogues, or monks in the group, you can disarm Haromm with , , and . This will impair Haromm's attack power, reducing stress on the tank and healer. If there are multiple players capable of disarming Haromm, you may want to set up a rotation to keep him disarmed as much as possible.
The other attacks, Falling Ash, Toxic Storm, and Toxic Tornado, produce large, easy-to-see telegraphs that the players simply need to avoid.
At 25%, the bosses will cast Bloodlust. At this point, you should cast your own Bloodlust, and burn the bosses down as quickly as possible.
There is an alternate way to defeat the bosses that is generally considered to be easier, and MUCH more melee friendly. It requires 3 tanks.
At the very beginning, the fight should be done the same way as above, with the bosses and wolves kept close together for easy cleave and AoE damage, with everyone attacking Darkfang and Bloodclaw, the wolves. However, once the wolves are down, the raid should split into 2 groups, with one group attacking Haromm and the other group attacking Kardris.
The group attacking Haromm should have 2 tanks, all the melee DPS, and as many healers as you think you will need (They will need to be able to heal through Toxic Mist). This group should go either inside Grommash Hold or up the hill to the northeast, depending on preference, and stay there for the rest of the fight. Players in the Haromm group will have to worry about Foul Stream (Green line) and Ashen Wall (Line of elementals).
The active tank should stand inside an alcove with his back to the wall so that Ashen Wall doesn't get in the way, and the tanks should move to a different alcove each time that happens, and whenever a taunt swap is needed.
Whenever a player gets Foul Stream, he should move so that it does not run through the rest of the group. Proceed like that for the rest of the fight. At 25%, the bosses will cast Bloodlust. At this point, you should cast your own Bloodlust, and burn the bosses down as quickly as possible.
If there are any warriors, rogues, or monks in the group, you can disarm Haromm with , , and . This will impair Haromm's attack power, reducing stress on the tank and healer. If there are multiple players capable of disarming Haromm, you may want to set up a rotation to keep him disarmed as much as possible.
The group attacking Kardris should have 1 tank, all the ranged DPS, and as many healers as you think you will need. This group should stay outside. Players in the Kardris group will have to worry about Toxic Geyser (Slimes), the toxic storms (Purple AoE), and the Falling Ash (Big red circle).
Whenever the slimes appear, the ranged DPS will need to kill them as quickly as possible, and players will need to avoid letting them get within melee range. Other than that, pretty much all you have to do is avoid the slimes and the red and purple telegraphs, and you'll be good. Proceed like that for the rest of the fight. At 25%, the bosses will cast Bloodlust. At this point, you should cast your own Bloodlust, and burn the bosses down as quickly as possible.
Achievement: Rescue Raiders
To save Ji Firepaw, the trash around him will need to be taken out before he is executed. This requires the tanks to pull his trash as soon as possible once the raid enters Orgrimmar, and for DPS to be quick about killing the Overseer in the trash pack.
Once Ji Firepaw has been saved, the raid can then rescue a group of unwilling combat participants. Either the neutral group of orcs outside Grommash Hold or the Theramore prisoners near the auction house will suffice. They can however be killed (a legendary cloak proc will decimate them), so the best idea is to have the neutral mobs CC'd, then have a death knight grip the Overseer controlling the neutral mobs over to the raid and have the raid then nuke the Overseer down. If done correctly, the neutral mobs will turn friendly and run away.
Rescuing a set of caged prisoners is the easiest step to perform. Kill Mokaur (he can be found in the bank), loot his keys, and let the prisoners out of the nearby cages.
Once all three groups have been rescued, achievement credit will be given if the Dark Shaman are defeated in the same raid lockout.
|Kor'kron Dark Shaman|
|Ashen Wall Girdle ( · · · · )||Plate waist||Strength DPS|
|Ashflare Pendant ( · · · · )||Neck||Intellect DPS|
|Belt of the Iron Prison ( · · · · )||Mail waist||Spirit|
|Bloodclaw Band ( · · · · )||Finger||Strength DPS|
|Breastplate of Shamanic Mirrors ( · · · · )||Plate chest||Strength DPS|
|Damron's Belt of Darkness ( · · · · )||Leather waist||Agility DPS|
|Darkfang Mask ( · · · · )||Leather head||Intellect DPS|
|Haromm's Frozen Crescent ( · · · · )||Axe (1H)||Strength tank|
|Haromm's Horrifying Helm ( · · · · )||Mail head||Agility DPS|
|Haromm's Talisman ( · · · · )||Trinket||Agility DPS|
|Iron Wolf Hood ( · · · · )||Cloth head||Spirit|
|Kardris' Scepter ( · · · · )||Mace (1H)||Spirit|
|Kardris' Toxic Totem ( · · · · )||Trinket||Intellect DPS|
|Poisonmist Nightcloak ( · · · · )||Back||Agility DPS|
|Ring of the Iron Tomb ( · · · · )||Finger||Strength tank|
|Riou's Vigilant Leggings ( · · · · )||Leather legs||Agility DPS|
|Shackles of Stinking Slime ( · · · · )||Plate waist||Spirit|
|Shoulderguards of Foul Streams ( · · · · )||Mail shoulder||Spirit|
|Shoulderplates of Gushing Geysers ( · · · · )||Plate shoulder||Spirit|
|Toxic Tornado Treads ( · · · · )||Cloth feet||Intellect DPS|
|Wolf-Rider Spurs ( · · · · )||Plate feet||Strength DPS|
- Past the front gate, and around the corner the raid finds a Blind Blademaster kneeling in front of a stack of supply crates. When the blademaster becomes occupied with the adventurers, who else should reveal themselves to have been stealthily waiting on top of the crates but none other than Aysa Cloudsinger, leader of the Alliance's Tushui Pandaren. Having patiently waited for a distraction, she immediately drops down to the floor and cautiously makes her way to the inner entrance.
- Aysa Cloudsinger says: Now is my chance!
- The raid enters the Valley of Strength: by the entrance is Aysa, while her counterpart, Ji Firepaw of the Huojin Pandaren kneels in his own blood at the center of the valley, guarded by two Kor'kron Grunts. Overseer Komak stands behind him, axe at the ready.
- Overseer Komak yells: Have anything to say for yourself, Pandaren?
- Overseer Komak yells: Do you see this burning candle? You have until it burns out to tell us about the Pandaren artifacts! Now start talking!
- Despite how they parted ways, Aysa is highly distressed that Ji's life is in danger.
- Aysa Cloudsinger says: Oh no, Ji! They are going to execute him!
- Aysa Cloudsinger says: They have practically beaten him unconscious! I have to do something!
- Overseer Komak not killed in time
- Overseer Komak yells: Very well, if you won't talk, you won't need your head anymore.
- Komak executes Ji.
- Aysa Cloudsinger yells: Ji! No! I will kill you!
- Aysa rushes in to attack and, since there are likely not enough mobs cleared, is killed.
- Overseer Komak dies
- Aysa quickly and cautiously makes her way to Ji and kneels in front of him, pleading.
- Aysa Cloudsinger says: Ji, I am so sorry, we can be together now, please, let us just go back to the turtle, please do not die.
- Aysa Cloudsinger says: I am getting him out of here.
- Aysa puts Ji over her left shoulder and makes her way out of Orgrimmar.
- Approaching Eitrigg
- Eitrigg is kneeling in his own blood just outside the inner entrance of Grommash Hold, having been grievously injured.
- Eitrigg says: The Warchief ignored my council. I discovered he was building a compound beneath the caverns of Ragefire.
- Eitrigg says: Thrall and Saurfang have already gone down below.
- Eitrigg says: Go with caution. Hellscream has been assembling an arsenal down there - goblin mercenaries, pandaren artifacts, and some sort of darkness I can feel in my very soul.
- Earthbreaker Haromm yells: Storm!
- Wavebinder Kardris yells: Earth!
- Earthbreaker Haromm yells: And fire!
- Earthbreaker Haromm yells: Bend to our will!
- Wavebinder Kardris yells: Bend to our will!
- Wavebinder Kardris yells: We do not ask the elements for aid...
- Earthbreaker Haromm yells: The True Horde takes what it wants!
- Rusted Iron Totem
- Earthbreaker Haromm yells: Crumbling earth, plagued with rust!
- Poisonmist Totem
- Wavebinder Kardris yells: Tortured wind, stale and toxic!
- Foulstream Totem
- Earthbreaker Haromm yells: Anguished water, stagnant and poisonous!
- Ashflare Totem
- Wavebinder Kardris yells: Long-dead fire, black and smouldering!
- Earthbreaker Haromm yells: The blood of the True Horde lusts for power!
- Wavebinder Kardris yells: The blood of the True Horde lusts for power!
- Killed a Player
- Earthbreaker Haromm yells: Your skull will adorn my necklace.
- Wavebinder Kardris yells: My wolf will feast on your blood!
- Earthbreaker Haromm says: The elements... what have we done...
- Wavebinder Kardris says: I can hear them no longer...
- Unused quotes
- Aysa Cloudsinger says: Ji must be in here somewhere. I have to find him.
- Eitrigg says: Brothers! Over here.
- "Storm, earth and fire - heed my call!" is a mantra repeated by Shamans and is referenced in the song the Power of the Horde. The Dark Shaman repeat a variation of this mantra, saying 'bend to our will' instead.
Patches and hotfixes
- Hotfix (2014-01-23): "Removed Lunar Festival decorations from the Valley of Strength. Garrosh has decided that his Horde has no need for such things."
- Hotfix (2013-11-04): "
- Earthbreaker Haromm's Froststorm Strike now deals less damage on Raid Finder difficulty.
- Wavebinder Kardris' Froststorm Bolt and Toxic Tornado now deals less damage on Raid Finder difficulty."
- Hotfix (2013-10-29): "
- Earthbreaker Haromm and Wavebinder Kardris' health has been reduced by 5% on Raid Finder difficulty.
- Mokvar the Treasurer's Bribe ability should now be properly removed when the target has less than 50% health."
- Hotfix (2013-10-16): "Ashen Wall, Toxic Storm, Toxic Mist, Foul Stream, and Foul Geyser now deal less damage on Raid Finder difficulty."
- Hotfix (2013-10-09): "Reduced the amount of hostile NPCs in the areas leading up to the Dark Shaman encounter on Raid Finder difficulty."
- Hotfix (2013-10-03): "
- Wavebinder Kardris should no longer target non-players with Toxic Storm.
- Darkfang and Bloodclaw should now move around significantly less while being tanked alongside their masters.
- Resolved an issue that could cause Blind Blademasters in the Drag to enter combat with players during the Dark Shaman encounter."
- Hotfix (2013-10-02): "
- Changes on Raid Finder difficulty:
- Wavebinger Kardris' Falling Ash now deals 200,000 Fire damage (down from 999,999).
- Foul Slimes' Foulness aura now deals 30,000 Nature damage (down from 50,000).
- Fixed an issue where placement of Earthbreaker Haromm's Ashen Wall was not always perpendicular to the direction he's facing."
- Changes on Raid Finder difficulty:
- Hotfix (2013-09-24): "
- Patch 5.4.0 (2013-09-10): Added.
|Earthbreaker Haromm||Wavebinder Kardris||Darkfang||Bloodclaw|