|Base of operations|
|Theater of operations|
The Kor'kron (and the Kor'kron Guard or the Kor'kron guard) is an organization within the Horde. For the most part, they are seen as the elite fighting force of the Horde, serving as the personal bodyguards of the Warchief and enforcers of his command. They are stationed in many areas, including the Warchief's own fortress of Grommash Hold in Orgrimmar.
The Kor'kron were originally an elite band of orcs that served as 's bodyguards. They seem to be an order that Thrall revived. They (with one exception) are actually fiercely loyal to whoever is leading the Horde, not any particular individual.
Under 's regime, the Kor'kron greatly expanded in power, albeit narrowing its racial composition down to almost universally orcs. They served as the warchief's primary soldiers during the Siege of Orgrimmar, which ended in Warchief Hellscream's forced removal from power. The Kor'kron sustained heavy causalities during the siege, including the death of its leader, , and several other celebrated generals. With 's ascension as Warchief of the Horde, the surviving Kor'kron were placed in prisons, save for those who had defected such as .
- 1 History
- 2 Known members
- 3 Mounts
- 4 Notes
- 5 Speculation
- 6 Patch changes
- 7 References
- 8 See also
- 9 External links
This section concerns content exclusive to The Burning Crusade.
A detachment of Kor'kron have also been dispatched to Outland where they serve as the defenders of Shadowmoon Village in Shadowmoon Valley, the closest Horde outpost to the Black Temple. From there, they wage war against the Burning Legion as well as the legions of .
Wrath of the Lich King
This section concerns content exclusive to Wrath of the Lich King.
More recently the Kor'kron have been deployed in Northrend in full force as part of the Horde Expedition. The fortress at the base of Angrathar the Wrathgate is called Kor'kron Vanguard and is commanded by . In many ways they seem to be the Horde counterpart of the 7th Legion. Both groups consist of their faction's elite forces, and both are heavily involved in their faction's campaign in Northrend.
During the war against the Lich King, Thrall sent a legion of Kor'kron under to the Undercity to replace the Forsaken forces deployed to the front lines in Northrend; after the events of the Wrathgate, they were tasked to keep an eye on the Royal Apothecary Society to ensure that they discontinued work on the New Plague.
Isle of Conquest
The Kor'kron under the command of High Overlord Varok Saurfang fought their way through Icecrown Citadel at the side of the Ashen Verdict and engaged the 7th Legion in an aerial battle between the Orgrim's Hammer and the Skybreaker outside of the citadel.
This section concerns content exclusive to Cataclysm.
With the coming of the Cataclysm, Varok Saurfang remained in Northrend as commander of a skeleton crew in Warsong Hold. They also have minor involvement in the Twilight Highlands against 's forces. They're involved in many of the recent events of the Alliance-Horde War, serving as counterparts of the 7th Legion.
Mists of Pandaria
This section concerns content exclusive to Mists of Pandaria.
Most recently, granted the Blackrock Clan amnesty and a formidable amount of them can be found in the Horde, especially as members of the Kor'kron. The new leader of the Kor'kron, , is also a blackrock orc. They now serve as some kind of secret police force to Garrosh, punishing anyone who questions the warchief.
Two months after the mist collapsed, Garrosh Hellscream, accompanied by his Kor'kron, arrived with the bulk of the Horde fleet and oversaw the construction of Domination Point. However, Garrosh had another clash of opinions with . Garrosh ordered Vol'jin's outright murder, sending him off on a mission with the Kor'kron and one of Garrosh's assassins. Vol'jin survived the attempt on his life, and it was revealed that Garrosh put the Echo Isles under martial law, sending his Kor'kron forces to round up the Darkspear trolls. However, and Horde adventurers traveled to the Echo Isles and freed them from their control by killing enough Kor'kron so the Darkspear could overwhelm the rest and take them prisoners.
Malkorok and his Kor'kron accompanied Garrosh through his entire search for the . After Garrosh learned of the location of the Divine Bell by , he tasked Blademaster with acquiring it. Ishi led a small force of Kor'kron into the Ruins of Korune where the bell is hidden, only to discover that the night elves had already found the bell and brought it to Darnassus.
Later on, Garrosh amassed Horde forces at Emperor's Reach with the Divine Bell, Malkorok and his Kor'kron in tow. Garrosh rang the bell, turning some of the present Kor'kron into Sha, as they could not control the power of the Divine Bell. The bell was then shattered during a showdown between Garrosh and .
Some Kor'kron are also present at Domination Point, guarding the fortress.
They also participated in the Assault on Zan'vess.
- Main article: Kor'kron Commander
Kor'kron Elite have taken over the job of guarding Orgrimmar and have an increased presence throughout town. It's also been discovered that the Dark Shaman working in the Ragefire Chasm are a secret part of the Kor'kron.
The building conflict between Garrosh Hellscream's loyal Kor'kron and the rebelling forces of 's Darkspear Rebellion augments in intensity. Kor'kron troops wearing what looks like a recolored Warsong clan tabard are now operating all over the Northern Barrens, suggesting that at least some Warsong members are also following Garrosh. Some Kor'kron soldiers may drop , hinting at something darker going on...
The Siege of Orgrimmar
The Kor'kron composed the Garrosh-loyalists' main army during the Siege of Orgrimmar, joining forces with the Dragonmaw Clan to defend the city from the Alliance and the Darkspear Rebellion. Many Kor'kron were slain during the ensuing battles, losing ground to the invaders both above and beneath Orgrimmar. Both and General Nazgrim lost their lives in the conflict, as well as many orcs within the Kor'kron's ranks.
In the wake of Vol'jin's ascension as Warchief of the Horde it is revealed that there are only a handful of Kor'kron who remain due to most of the Kor'kron siding with Garrosh during the Horde civil war. As such these survivors have been imprisoned with the exception being those who defected from the organization such as . As such, with most of its members dead and the survivors having been imprisoned or defected from the organization, the Kor'kron seem to be at its end.
Warlords of Draenor
This section concerns content exclusive to Warlords of Draenor.
All the guards from Undercity left, making only Bragor, now with the title of Hand of Warchief, being there. Under odd circumstances, the body of Overseer Kraggosh is now found in a cage.
This section concerns content exclusive to Legion.
Ranks and Units
- The Kor'kron use only the mightiest wolves for their mounts, bedecking them in armor that would break the backs of lesser creatures.
- Vicious in battle and surprisingly loyal, the mighty Kor'kron war scorpion served as the inspiration for the , a mechanical monstrosity that guarded the gates of Orgrimmar during the Siege.
- Bred for their aggressive, unpredictable demeanor by the Kor'kron stablemasters, the Black War Kodos' trumpeting call signifies that blood will soon be shed.
- Many members of the Kor'kron wear the Exalted Plate armor set.
- Many orcish NPCs such as the Orgrimmar Elite Infantrymen, the Orgrimmar Elite Shieldguards, the members of Hellscream's Vanguard, and were depicted as wearing classic Kor'kron armor. It is possible they were all Kor'kron themselves.
- Who exactly the Kor'kron orc units that joined the Valarjar are is unknown. They could be the orcs who did not join and the True Horde, or the pardoned who joined and survived the Darkspear Rebellion and the Siege of Orgrimmar, or the original forces recalled from Northrend, or probably a new generation.
- Patch 6.0.2 (2014-10-14): Kor'kron guards and forces loyal to Garrosh have been ousted from Orgrimmar.
- ^ Ultimate Visual Guide, pg. 123
- ^ World of Warcraft Trading Card Game: Hunt for Illidan. Blizzard Entertainment. 163.
- ^ - Notes
- ^ The Shattering: Prelude to Cataclysm, 42
- ^ a b The Shattering: Prelude to Cataclysm, 179
- ^ a b War Crimes, 227
- ^ The Shattering: Prelude to Cataclysm, 15
- ^ Jaina Proudmoore: Tides of War
- ^ Updated Garrosh Model, 5.4 World Changes, Jun 10 Hotfixes, Blue Posts, GW2 Shoutcasts. MMO-Champion (2013-06-13). Retrieved on 2013-06-13.
- ^ - cinematic
- ^ Mount Journal entry for
- ^ Mount Journal entry for
- ^ Adventure Guide enty for
- ^ Mount Journal entry for
- Kor'kron Annihilator
- Kor'kron Lumber Crate
- Kor'kron Meat Crate
- Kor'kron Meat Rack
- Kor'kron Oil Barrel
- Kor'kron Oil Drum
- Overturned Kor'kron Caravan