Korrak the Bloodrager
|Title||<Champion of the Winterax>|
|Race||Dire troll (Humanoid)|
|Occupation||Champion and leader of the Winterax trolls|
Korrak the Bloodrager (aka Korrak the Everliving) is a dire troll and the leader of the Winterax tribe of ice trolls. He was sent by the Drakkari to represent the trolls as a fighter in the Amphitheater of Anguish in Zul'Drak.
Formerly, Korrak controlled the Field of Strife in the middle of Alterac Valley. Later on, he left and took up residence near a neutral troll graveyard after an avalanche nearly killed his tribe. There, he was potentially killed and raised several times.
His tribe once inhabited Alterac Valley within an area known as Winterax Hold. He and his band of ice trolls, the Winterax tribe, also once controlled the Snowfall Graveyard at the start of every Alterac Valley battleground. Tomes from the Winterax stated that Korrak preferred to stay hidden unless absolutely necessary. It was said that his death would spell the end of the Winterax Tribe.  Despite this, the troll was slain multiple times, resurrected by his people. Both the Horde and Alliance sought the to put him down for good, but neither were ultimately successful.
One day, Korrak and his people simply disappeared, along with most of their belongings and supplies. The mystified orcs and dwarves concluded that the trolls had at last given up their home, which, after all, had devolved into little more than a bloody battlefield, and left in search of greener pastures.
Amphitheater of Anguish
This section concerns content related to Wrath of the Lich King.
Korrak makes a triumphant return in World of Warcraft: Wrath of the Lich King as the fifth (of six) boss in the Amphitheater of Anguish, a Ring of Blood-style quest chain in Zul'Drak. He was sent as a 'power move' by the Drakkari, having been empowered by the Loa. There, he claimed the Amphitheater for the Winterax, as he would for Snowfall in Alterac, only to be defeated once again. It is unknown if his death was final or if his tribe simply resurrected him once again.
Winterax Speakers can be found in Zandalar after the downfall of the Drakkari, potentially meaning that he may still yet live; as it was stated previously that the Winterax would fall apart without him.
In most Alterac Valley battles, Korrak was simply trained away from the graveyard by a player while another one tried to capture it. In patch 1.5, Korrak became a rather easy battle, since he had little armor, little health, little strength and no resistance. Afterwards, he was drastically improved to the point at which many people decided it was useless to engage him. Players still willing had better had a good amount of people focused on him instead of the battle. Once engaged him with enough people it usually proved to be a rather simple fight.
- Charge — Charges an enemy, inflicting damage and stunning the opponent for 2 sec.
- Enrage — Attack speed increased by 100% for 12 sec.
- Grow — Grows, increasing damage dealt by 10%.
- Uppercut — Inflicts 300% of weapon damage to an enemy, knocking it back.
The subject of this section has been removed from World of Warcraft.
His quotes are references to once being in Alterac Valley.
- Korrak has come, weaklings! Snowfall belongs to Winterax! Erm, Korrak mean to say amphitheater belong to Winterax!
- No graveyard here for you to play wicked games on Korrak! DIE!
Notes and trivia
- Korrak is unique among his people, as instead of blue or white skin, he has orange skin.
- Players report that those who still have the quest to kill him, from before patch 1.10, are still able to receive credit by killing the Northrend spawn of Korrak.
- A Korrak portrait is available in Heroes of the Storm, having been added in the Echoes of Alterac event alongside many other Alterac Valley-themed portraits.
- Patch 3.0.3 (2008-11-04): Added to the Amphitheater of Anguish event.
- Patch 1.10.0 (2006-03-28): Korrak the Bloodrager and his band of trolls have packed up their bags and left Alterac Valley for greener pastures.
- Patch 1.8.0 (2005-10-10): Due to the avalanche, Korrak the Bloodrager and a small band of surviving Trolls have made the Snowfall Graveyard their new home. Players will find that Snowfall is now under Korrak's control and they must defeat Korrak and his Troll guards if they wish to take Snowfall.
- Patch 1.6.0 (2005-07-12): Korrak the Bloodrager has gained immunities to many different spell and ability effects.
- Patch 1.5.0 (2005-06-07): Added.