Korrak the Bloodrager
|Title||<Champion of the Winterax>|
|Race||Dire troll (Humanoid)|
|Occupation||Champion and leader of the Winterax trolls|
Formerly, Korrak controlled the Field of Strife in the middle of Alterac Valley. Later on, he left and took up residence near a neutral troll graveyard after an avalanche nearly killed his tribe. There, he was potentially killed and raised several times. Korrak and his fellow trolls finally left the valley sometime before the opening of the Dark Portal and showed up somewhat later in Northrend after the defeat of the Burning Legion at the Sunwell.
He once inhabited Alterac Valley. He and his band of ice trolls, the Winterax tribe, once controlled the Snowfall Graveyard at the start of every Alterac Valley battleground. He also dropped which was the objective of both an Alliance and a Horde quest. In most Alterac Valley battles, Korrak was simply trained away from the graveyard by a player while another one tried to capture it. In patch 1.5, Korrak became a rather easy battle, since he had little armor, little health, little strength and no resistance. Afterwards, he was drastically improved to the point at which many people decided it was useless to engage him. Players still willing had better had a good amount of people focused on him instead of the battle. Once engaged him with enough people it usually proved to be a rather simple fight.
Amphitheater of Anguish
This section concerns content related to Wrath of the Lich King.
Korrak makes a triumphant return in World of Warcraft: Wrath of the Lich King as the fifth (of six) boss in the Amphitheater of Anguish, a Ring of Blood-style quest chain in Zul'Drak. Players report that those who still have the quest to kill him, from before patch 1.10, are still able to receive credit by killing the Northrend spawn of Korrak.
- Charge — Charges an enemy, inflicting damage and stunning the opponent for 2 sec.
- Enrage — Attack speed increased by 100% for 12 sec.
- Grow — Grows, increasing damage dealt by 10%.
- Uppercut — Inflicts 300% of weapon damage to an enemy, knocking it back.
The subject of this section has been removed from World of Warcraft.
His quotes are references to once being in Alterac Valley.
- Korrak has come, weaklings! Snowfall belongs to Winterax! Erm, Korrak mean to say amphitheater belong to Winterax!
- No graveyard here for you to play wicked games on Korrak! DIE!
- Patch 3.0.3 (2008-11-04): Added to the Amphitheater of Anguish event.
- Patch 1.10.0 (2006-03-28): Korrak the Bloodrager and his band of trolls have packed up their bags and left Alterac Valley for greener pastures.
- Patch 1.8.0 (2005-10-10): Due to the avalanche, Korrak the Bloodrager and a small band of surviving Trolls have made the Snowfall Graveyard their new home. Players will find that Snowfall is now under Korrak's control and they must defeat Korrak and his Troll guards if they wish to take Snowfall.
- Patch 1.6.0 (2005-07-12): Korrak the Bloodrager has gained immunities to many different spell and ability effects.
- Patch 1.5.0 (2005-06-07): Added.