Korven the Prime
Alive / Killable (WoW)
- "It was I who suggested our greatest warriors be cast in amber to sleep, to be awakened at the swarm's greatest times of need. It was the sleep from which one could never awake. A great risk. A great sacrifice. But necessary. Thus, I was the first paragon. This is why, I am the prime."
- —Korven the Prime upon being fed Living Amber.
Korven the Prime is a level 90 mantid located at Klaxxi'vess. He is the first Paragon of the Klaxxi and the one who mastered the art of using amber to preserve the Mantid's greatest warriors. This mastery also extends to his fighting style, which uses magic based around amber to harm others and protect himself from death.
Korven the Prime was the first of the Klaxxi to become a paragon, having first suggested the idea, and invented the preservation chamber that utilizies kypari amber to enable the preservation process. Not only that, but he was also known for his prowess on the battlefield; such was his skill that it was said that he could cheat death itself. He was thus bestowed with the title of "Prime".
As creator of the process, Korven knew that the sustaining properties of the amber, while it would last for generations, is in fact finite, and the preserved subject runs the risk of death if not released from stasis before the power of the amber is depleted. However, he also felt that the potential gain, namely protecting their species, outweighed the risks.
During the development of the chamber, Korven carefully documented his work, which apparently was kept for posterity. The later paragon used the extensive notes to create his own modified version to preserve , his kunchong.
Before he was chosen to become the first paragon, Korven was given the honor of planting Kypari Zar. He apparently has a certain fondness for this tree, and after being revived he takes steps to ease its suffering once he discovers that it is dying.
When freed, he offers the Painkillers augmentation, a buff that brings you to full health upon being hit with a fatal attack.
|Location||Level range||Health range|
- Main article: Quest:Amber Is Life#Notes
- Main article: Quest:Living Amber#Notes
- Main article: Quest:Kypari Zar#Notes
- Main article: Quest:The Root of the Problem#Notes
When spoken to:
- "The amber sustained me as I slept, but I felt its powers drain over time. If you had not awakened me when you did, I fear I would have soon slipped into eternal sleep."
- "If we let the kypari die out, then we will have lost a great treasure. The amber is life."
- "My research must continue."
- "All across the wastes, the kypari are dying. I fear that this... sha... is the cause."
- "One healthy kypari remains, far to the southwest, but the Empress's slaves are destroying it as we speak."
- Kaz'tik the Manipulator says: It is an honor to serve alongside you, Prime. I have studied your work extensively.
- Kaz'tik the Manipulator says: Thanks to the careful notes you kept while developing the preservation chamber, I was able to create a modified version that could preserve here as well.
- Korven the Prime says: Yes, he certainly looks... healthy.
- Korven the Prime says: I never imagined my work would go so far. It is a testament to the great power of the kypari. Our civilization would never have recovered if it weren't for them. Remember that.
- Klaxxi enhancement
- The amber offers a paragon's respite, Wakener. Should you fall near death, it will activate on its own.
- Korven is presumably the one-time possessor of , a lost treasure found in the Dread Wastes.
- Amusingly, "korven" is Swedish for "the sausage".
- Korven is voiced by Peter Lurie.
- Patch 5.0.4 (2012-08-28): Added.