Hello there! We are conducting a survey to better understand the user experience in making a first edit. If you have ever made an edit on Gamepedia, please fill out the survey. Thank you!
Krik'thir the Gatewatcher
|Race||Nerubian vizier (Undead)|
|Level||74 - 82 Elite|
|Mana||46,854 - 109,920|
|Affiliation(s)||Undead Scourge's crypt fiends|
|Location||The Gilded Gate, Azjol-Nerub|
Krik'thir the Gatewatcher is the first boss of Azjol-Nerub. He is a nerubian vizier under the command of Anub'Arak — a powerful servant of the Lich King. His main objective is to guard the gate that leads further into the ancient city.
He's voiced by Joe J. Thomas.
Krik'thir was the guardian of the gates to Azjol-Nerub, but fell in the War of the Spider defending their home from the Scourge. As per his station, he was in possession of the key to the hidden empire. Krik'thir did his job well, even though he died and was raised to serve the Lich King, he managed to keep most of the empire closed off.
The gates of Azjol-Nerub stood unchallenged for centuries until the arrival of the Lich King. In mockery of Krik'thir's inability to protect his home, the nerubian was raised into undeath and forced to protect the very gates he failed to guard successfully in life.
- Krik'thir's Watchers — Krik'thir the Gatewatcher calls one of his remaining watchers to attack players whenever one of his watchers dies. When all of the watchers have fallen, Krik'thir attacks players himself.
- Poison Spray — Watcher Silthik sprays poison on all players, inflicting Nature damage and additional Nature damage every 3 sec. for 10 sec.
- Web Wrap — Watcher Silthik channels a beam of webbing at a player, rendering them unable to move for 3 sec. When the effect ends, the player is encased in webs, stunning them for 10 sec or until the Web Wrap is destroyed.
- Infected Bite — Watcher Silthik bites a player, inflicting Nature damage and additional Nature damage every 3 sec. for 9 sec. Players affected by Infected Bite will also take 20% additional Physical damage.
- Enrage — Watcher Gashra enrages, increasing his attack speed by 300% but decreasing his Physical damage dealt by 50% for 8 sec.
- Web Wrap — Watcher Gashra channels a beam of webbing at a player, rendering them unable to move for 3 sec. When the effect ends, the player is encased in webs, stunning them for 10 sec or until the Web Wrap is destroyed.
- Infected Bite — Watcher Gashra bites a player, inflicting Nature damage and additional Nature damage every 3 sec. for 9 sec. Players affected by Infected Bite will also take 20% additional Physical damage.
- Blinding Web — Watcher Narjil fires webbing into the eyes of all players within 0 yards, blinding them and disorienting them for 4 sec.
- Web Wrap — Watcher Narjil channels a beam of webbing at a player, rendering them unable to move for 3 sec. When the effect ends, the player is encased in webs, stunning them for 10 sec or until the Web Wrap is destroyed.
- Infected Bite — Watcher Narjil bites a player, inflicting Nature damage and additional Nature damage every 3 sec. for 9 sec. Players affected by Infected Bite will also take 20% additional Physical damage.
- Mind Flay — Krik'thir the Gatewatcher flays a player's mind, inflicting Shadow damage every second and reduces their movement speed for 3 sec.
- Curse of Fatigue — Krik'thir the Gatewatcher curses all players within 0 yards, inflicting Shadow damage and slowing.
- The Skittering Swarm — Krik'thir the Gatewatcher periodically summons a wave of Skittering Swarmers and Skittering Infectors to attack players.
The boss is guarded by three groups of three spiders. The pulls are successive, meaning that once you pull the first group an event has started. Sometimes you can catch a break between groups to drink if you are able to kill them fast enough. There is no break before the boss is pulled.
Each pull consists of a miniboss and two adds. In addition to the constant risk of Anub'ar Skirmishers and Web Wrap, each miniboss has a special ability: from left to right these are:
Left: A poison spit that hits targets in a cone; it is ideal for the tank to face this boss away from the party, but given the chaos of the fight this is not always possible. The group can eat the damage.
Middle: A blast of webs that hits targets in a cone and disorients everyone for about three seconds. Beware of drops in healing and aggro.
Right: Attacks rapidly as through dual wielding with a Frenzy-style effect. Be prepared for massive incoming damage.
Some groups have an Anub'ar Skirmisher, which will drop aggro during the fight and focus on a random party member, becoming immune to taunt and CC, so they should be killed first. Throughout these pulls a random party member will become encased in webbing which needs to be attacked in order to free them. It's helpful to have one party member keeping a lookout for this. A good way to handle this encounter is to start with the furthest left group and pull them back into the hall a bit, giving the mana-users time to drink when the second group aggroes.
The event is similar to the regular run. The groups pull successively after the first group. The large mobs, Watcher Silthik, Watcher Gashra, and Watcher Narjil are immune to shackle, however the smaller spiders can be crowd controlled.
- To his minions
- Keep an eye on the tunnel. We must not let anyone through!
- I hear footsteps. Be on your guard.
- I sense the living. Be ready.
- When sending in reinforcements
- We are besieged! Strike out and bring back their corpses!
- We must hold the gate. Attack! Tear them limb from limb!
- The gate must be protected at all costs. Rip them to shreds!
- Upon being aggroed
- This kingdom belongs to the Scourge. Only the dead may enter!
- When unleashing the swarm
- They hunger....
- Dinner time, my pets!
- Upon killing a player
- You were foolish to come.
- As Anub'Arak commands!
- Hush-tak Hee-tah! (Nerubian language)
- I should be grateful... but I long ago lost the capacity....
- Patch 3.0.3 (2008-11-04): Added.