|This article concerns content exclusive to Battle for Azeroth and is subject to change at any time as development progresses.
This article should only contain officially released content, such as beta and press release content. See Wowpedia's policy on posting unreleased content.
- This article is about the island itself. For the human kingdom, see Kul Tiras (kingdom).
Kul Tiras (also spelled as Kul'Tiras, pronounced KOOL-teer-AHS) is an island once located south-west of Lordaeron and west of Khaz Modan. During the Cataclysm, the island was shifted out to sea by shifting tectonic plates.
A human nation, also called Kul Tiras, can be found on the island.
Originally, it was a large island off Khaz Modan's west coast, between the continents of Azeroth and Lordaeron. Crestfall and Tol Barad were also near the island. When broke free, the island was shifted out to sea by shifting tectonic plates. It has since moved somewhat northwest, now west of Tol Barad and Lordaeron and slightly southeast of the Broken Isles.
Kul Tiras is separated into three zones. All Kul Tiras zones are scaled to the player's level.
A tavern named Mowbry's Tavern existed. used to visit it.
In the RPGThis section concerns content exclusive to the Warcraft RPG and is considered non-canon.
The unsettled areas are covered with rolling hills and sparse evergreen woods. Kul Tiras is temperate, though subject to sudden ocean storms. The nation is also very windy, which makes zeppelin rides perilous. Wild game includes few forest creatures such as foxes, squirrels and the occasional black bear.
The biggest asset to Kul Tiras is also its greatest danger: the sea. Kul Tiras's shores possess good fishing and provide ample seafood. It is said that Kul Tiras has the best lobster and king crab in all the land.
The Undermine map contains a boat path to/from Kul Tiras.
- Main article: Boralus
The main settlement on the island of Kul Tiras is Boralus, the capital city of the nation.
- Main article: Drisburg
Drisburg is located on the northern coastline of Kul Tiras, the remains of what used to be a town with a large amount of immigrants from Khaz Modan. It was a thriving community until the Third War, as a Scourge army arrived and moved to raid the town. The garrison was far too small to save the city and although was nearby with his fleet, he decided that even if he was able to save the town it would claim too many casualties, so he turned his ships and abandoned Kul Tiras.
Notes & trivia
Kul Tiras' position in Warcraft II.
Kul Tiras during the Invasion of Draenor.
Kul Tiras can be seen in an early WoW map.
Kul Tiras' position in World of Warcraft: Chronicle Volume 1.
- Kul Tiras screenshot 2.jpg
Kul Tiras woods.
- Concept art
- Kul Tiras may have been mentioned in Blood of Our Fathers as said that 's homeland burned in slag. It could be a reference to the breaking of Kul Tiras' tectonic plates that caused it to move northwest.
- Since previous maps show the island as a whole and with different shape, the Battle for Azeroth map portrays the island differently — divided by a river into three areas. It is possible that the river and shape changes are a result of the Cataclysm that moved the island.
- ^ Admiral Barean Westwind plaque
- ^ Kul'Tiras Marines faction
- ^ Warcraft II: Tides of Darkness and Beyond the Dark Portal mission briefings. See http://www.youtube.com/watch?&v=hTjGagw64KI
- ^ Ask CDev Answers - Round 1
- ^ 2017-11-04, BlizzCon 2017 World of Warcraft: Battle for Azeroth Panel Transcript. Blizzplanet, retrieved on 2017-11-05
- ^ World of Warcraft: Chronicle Volume 1, pg. 142
- ^ Ask CDev#Ask CDev Answers - Round 1
- ^ Cycle of Hatred, chapter 21
- ^ File:ABE - Lordaeron and Khaz Modan map.jpg