Hello there! We are conducting a survey to better understand the user experience in making a first edit. If you have ever made an edit on Gamepedia, please fill out the survey. Thank you!
|This article or section needs to be cleaned up to a higher standard of quality.|
|The subject of this article was removed from World of Warcraft in patch 4.0.3a.
38 (Requires 30)
Kurzen's Mystery is an Alliance-only quest in which players are asked to visit troll ruins in Stranglethorn Vale and transcribe legends from tablets they find there. Brother Nimetz believes these tablets may tell the reasons behind Colonel Kurzen's corruption.
How to Get This Quest
Other Quests in this Area
- - from Wizzle Brassbolts at the Mirage Raceway in Thousand Needles
- - from Rigglefuzz in the Valley of Fangs in the Badlands
- Kurzen's Mystery - from Brother Nimetz at the Rebel Camp in Stranglethorn Vale
- - from Catelyn the Blade at the inn in Booty Bay, in Stranglethorn Vale
Find the 4 tablets and bring their legends back to Brother Nimetz.
The first tablet is called Moon Over the Vale and is located in the Bal'lal Ruins. These ruins are almost directly north of the Horde camp, Grom'gol Base Camp, and southwest of the hunter's camp where Hemet Nesingwary Jr. can be found. The tablet is in the northwest corner of the ruins. Coordinates: (29,19)
The second tablet is called Gri'lek the Wanderer and can be found deep underwater off the coast in the Vile Reef, almost directly west of the Horde camp, Grom'gol Base Camp. Once you find the "sunken city" with Saltscale murlocs, look on the outside of the wall for the tablet, on the northern corner of the wall. NOTE: There is also a second tablet on the inside of the wall, but there are murlocs guarding it so the outer tablet is the better choice. Coordinates: (24,22)
The third tablet is called Fall of Gurubashi and is located in the south western part of the Ruins of Zul'Kunda. It is in the most south western "room" (meaning walls but no roof in these ruins), in the north western corner of the room. NOTE: The tablet is in the main compound on the plateau, NOT down on the beach. Coordinates: (22,12)
The fourth tablet is called The Emperor's Tomb and is located in the north western part of the Ruins of Zul'Kunda. There are some back ways to get in, by climbing up the hills to the east of the ruins and running along the ledge there. However, you can also get in the normal way by coming from the east or west (beach) entrances and going up the ramp. Be careful because there is a lvl 41 elite in this area. The tablet can be found near the pool of water in the north eastern part of this "room". Coordinates: (24,09)
- Colonel Kurzen was once a great, noble man - I must find what caused his fall into depravity! He may be under the sway of troll magic. To confirm this, I must study some of their legends.
- There are 4 tablets hidden within the troll ruins of Stranglethorn. I must see what is written on these tablets! Transcribe their markings and bring the transcriptions back to me.
- The first tablet is in the Bal'lal Ruins, the second is in the Vile Reef, and the third and fourth are in the Ruins of Zul'Kunda.
- <name>! Do you have the troll legends? I must know their secrets!
- Thank you, <name>. I will study these legends to see if there is some link between the trolls and the evil that has possessed Colonel Kurzen.