- Lacerate can crit, which increases the threat caused.
- Reapplying Lacerate renews the DoT debuff to its full 15-second duration.
Tips and tactics
- Very good skill for single target tanking. The tanking rotation generating the most threat is: as often as possible; while Mangle is on cooldown, use Lacerate; if you still have excess rage, use in parallel.
- When tanking multiple mobs at once, is usually a better choice than Lacerate.
Patches and hotfixes
- Patch 6.0.2 (2014-10-14):
Patch 5.0.4 (2012-08-28): Now also has a 25% chance to reset the cooldown on Mangle.
Patch 4.1.0 (2011-04-26): Bonus threat has been removed and replaced with increased initial damage done.
Patch 2.4.0 (2008-03-25): This ability now deals additional damage based on the attack power of the Druid.
- Introduced attack power scaling: Every 20 Attack Power adds 1 damage, per stack, over 15 seconds. Mangle further enhances this value.
- Patch 2.2.0 (2007-09-25): The damage from this ability will now stack properly when two different characters are applying Lacerate to a target.
- Patch 2.1.0 (2007-05-22): The tooltip has been adjusted to indicate it does initial bleed damage when the ability first lands.
- Hotfix (2007-03-06): "The Druid ability Lacerate now deals a small amount of instant damage, generating threat, against bleed immune creatures."
- Patch 2.0.1 (2006-12-05): Added.