|This article is a PTR Patch 8.2.0 stub. You can help expand it by editing it.|
|This article is an NPC stub. You can help expand it by editing it.
|Affiliation(s)||House Ashvane, Ashvane Trading Company|
|Former affiliation(s)||Kul Tiras|
|Occupation||Head of House Ashvane, Chairman of the Ashvane Trading Company|
|Relative(s)||Lord Ashvane (husband)|
Lady Priscilla Ashvane is the head of House Ashvane and the Ashvane Trading Company, and an old friend of Lord Admiral Katherine Proudmoore. She is one of the main antagonists on Kul Tiras during World of Warcraft: Battle for Azeroth.
Priscilla had been planning to usurp Katherine as the ruler of Kul Tiras, having her company create Azerite weapons which were then shipped to the Irontide Raiders who she hired to attack the Proudmoores. Katherine had heard the rumors about Priscilla just like anyone, but whether out of fear or loyalty she chose to ignore them. Taelia and the Alliance emissary spoke to her to reveal the truth about Priscilla's plans to usurp the Proudmoores, but Priscilla admitted to all of it and then escaped the scene by igniting a smokescreen. Although the attacking forces from the Ashvane Trading Company were dealt with, Priscilla herself ultimately got away by jumping into the sea when she seemed cornered.
Priscilla eventually returned with a full fleet of Irontide Raiders, and a handful of tidesages, in an attempt to lay siege to Boralus. After clearing the city of enemies, Katherine gave Jaina her father's pendant, which she used to call forth the legendary Kul Tiran fleet, which until then had been captured in a magical storm by the Tidesages. The fleet, led by Tandred, proceeded to surround the Irontide ships. Outnumbered, Priscilla surrendered.
Tides of Vengeance
Ashvane was imprisoned in Tol Dagor, and some time later the Horde sought to break her out; ironically enough, part of the Horde team doing so was Rexxar, the same half-ogre who killed Daelin. Although Ashvane went with them she was no fool, and knew Sylvanas Windrunner only freed her because she wanted something. Nevertheless she agreed to discuss their mutual interests.
- Main article: Daughter of the Sea (quest)#Notes
- Main article: Make Our Case#Notes
- Main article: Hot Pursuit#Notes
Notes and trivia
- Priscilla wears a necklace made of Azerite. It was made by her chemists who were so sure of their results in refining Azerite that they sent Ashvane their product in the form of a necklace, which she has been wearing since. They also worked on an Azerite pistol, which Ashvane later used against Katherine Proudmoore.
- Lady Ashvane was originally supposed to be a character called the Pirate Queen, whose concept art was shown at BlizzCon 2017. However, her story shifted during development and it seems that her role was partly given to Harlan Sweete instead, the leader of the pirates on Kul Tiras, whose morphology and outfit is also inspired from the Pirate Queen. There are still a few leftover references to the pirate queen in the game.
- In the earliest builds of the Battle for Azeroth alpha, Ashvane was the final boss of the Siege of Boralus, with the following adventure guide entry:
Ashvane in Jaina: Reunion
- Patch 8.0.1 (2018-07-17): Added.
- ^ Jaina: Reunion
- ^ Christopher Hayes on ArtStation
- ^ Captain Hartford#Quotes
- ^ Andrea Toyias on Twitter - "@KoreanSuperfrog More
Whilst I'm here, can I ask if Frances Barber voices Lady Ashvane? She sounds super familiar and it's driving me wild!"
"@AndreaToyias you have amazing ears! Yes! She was incredible to work with! xx"