Lantresor of the Blade
|Former affiliation(s)||Old Horde, Burning Blade clan|
|Occupation||Leader of the Boulderfist of Outland|
Lantresor of the Blade is a level 70 quest giver located at the Burning Blade Ruins in the contested territory of Nagrand. He is a half-draenei, half-orc blademaster and leader of the Boulderfist clan of Outland, though he also refers to himself as a member of the Burning Blade clan. He is said to have crossed the Dark Portal, serving under two Warchiefs of the Horde and later returning home.
Lantresor's story in his own words
- Who so boldly stands before Lantresor of the Blade? Do you not know death by sight, <girl/boy>?
I have killed many of your ogres, Lantresor. I have no fear.
- Then you are a fool. Do you not know what I am?
Should I know? You look like an orc to me.
- An orc...
- <Lantresor scoffs.>
- I am a blademaster of half-orc descent.
And the other half?
- Draenei... And because of this, I am neither. Not orc, nor draenei. My own kind are a rare breed. Most having been killed decades ago... I live because of my strength of will.
I have heard of your kind, but I never thought to see the day when I would meet a half-breed.
- Bite your tongue, <race>. I have seen things in my lifetime that you have only heard about in legends. I have killed man, woman, and child without remorse. Under the banner of two Warchiefs of the Horde have I served... and now, I rule Boulderfist.
My apologies. I did not mean to offend. I am here on behalf of my people.
- And what do your people want of Lantresor, <race>?
My people ask that you pull back your Boulderfist ogres and cease all attacks on our territories. In return, we will also pull back our forces.
- <Lantresor laughs heartily.>
- Do you know where you are, fool? This is ogre land. Before orc, before draenei, there was ogre. Yet, you wish to start a war that you will inevitably lose? Boulderfist will crush you. And if Boulderfist does not destroy you, Warmaul will...
- But I think your leaders already know this...
We will fight you until the end, then, Lantresor. We will not stand idly by as you pillage our towns and kill our people.
- <Lantresor glares at you as if he were looking through you.>
- Perhaps there is another way... I will agree to your leader's demands, only if you do exactly as I ask.
- With your assistance, we may be able to help each other out greatly.
What do I need to do?
- Prior to Warlords of Draenor, only Lantresor's title, his fiery polearm, the , and the / quest indicated that he belonged to the Burning Blade clan.
- Patch 2.0.3 (2007-01-09): Added.
Leader of the Boulderfist clan