Hello there! We are conducting a survey to better understand the user experience in making a first edit. If you have ever made an edit on Gamepedia, please fill out the survey. Thank you!
Spirit of Lao-Fe
|Location||Tu Shen Burial Ground, Vale of Eternal Blossoms|
|Status||Killable, Deceased (lore)|
Lao-Fe the Slavebinder was the last emperor of the mogu empire, killed at the end of the Pandaren Revolution during the battle for Mistfall Province in the Vale of Eternal Blossoms. His spirit, along with the spirits of pandaren rebels and his mogu army, haunt the Tu Shen Burial Ground overlooking Mistfall Village to this day.
Even by mogu standards, Emperor Lao-Fe was a monster among beasts. His favored punishment among pandaren slaves was to separate families. Slaves who displeased him would have their children sent to the Serpent's Spine, to suffer and die as fodder for the mantid swarms. This was the fate that befell a young pandaren monk named Kang. History does not report if Kang and his son ever met again, but it was this father's love that sparked the rebellion that would change the face of Pandaria forever.
A reportedly true story tells of how the last mogu emperor once climbed with a pandaren servant to the Peak of Serenity in Kun-Lai Summit and surveyed Pandaria. He told his servant that he wished to do something to make everyone in Pandaria smile, to which the pandaren replied "You'll jump, then?". The story does not tell what became of the servant, but it is said that the emperor announced that he considered that part of the mountain to be tainted. No mogu would visit the place, allowing the first pandaren monks to use the Peak of Serenity to train and plan for their overthrow of the mogu.
In the final battle of the pandaren revolution, Kang and Lao-Fe fought hand to hand. The monk was victorious, but sustained mortal wounds in the process, and the pandaren and the mogu died together.
- Oppress the Weak — The Spirit of Lao-Fe shouts violently, inflicting 19,000 Physical damage every 3 seconds to all enemies within line of sight. Echoes of Pandaren Monks are instantly defeated by this effect.
- Crush Uprising — All Echoes of Pandaren Monks caught in range of The Spirit of Lao-Fe are instantly defeated. Lao-Fe, one of the most oppressive Mogu tyrants, is no stranger to crushing would-be rebels.
- stated that Lao-Fe was "one of the first overthrown during the rising of the monks at Tu Shen, and that victory spurred the monks on for the rest of the uprising". Chronicle Volume 1 however states that his death was at the final battle of the revolution.
- One could possibly reconcile the two statements as the first says he was "one of the first overthrown", not that he was actually killed, at Tu Shen; there was only one mogu emperor at a time, so this would indicate rather that he was one of the first mogu overthrown in the revolution instead. Taking this into account, and that his ghost is at Tu Shen, it is possible that he returned for the final battle and that it was thus there that he was killed by Kang.
- Patch 5.4.0 (2013-09-10): Changed to rare, grants Golden Lotus rep, and drops additional loot.
- Patch 5.0.4 (2012-08-28): Added.
Emperor of the mogu
Xin the Weaponmaster (as king)