Legendary quality is currently the highest level of item quality available to players, above Epic. It usually takes multiple end-game raid instance runs to acquire or craft these items. Legendary items are considered the most powerful items available to players. The names of legendary-quality items will appear in orange. There is also a higher category of item called Artifact that was introduced in World of Warcraft: Legion.
For the list of legendary items, see Legendary items.
This section concerns content exclusive to Legion.
"Legion Legendaries" are a large number of items that are below normal legendaries in rarity, but still very powerful. At the beginning of World of Warcraft: Legion, players are only able to equip one Legion Legendary item at a time. As the expansion progresses, the number of legendaries that can be equipped at once will go up.
As of the Battle for Azeroth pre-patch, Legion legendaries can be purchased from Arcanomancer Vridiel at Tanks for Everything in the Dalaran above the Broken Isles. Most sources of Artifact Power will instead give to help in the effort to purchase these items.
- Prior to Legion, nearly all equippable legendary items were weapons. Most others were components used to create these weapons. One, the , is a mount. With the exception of those in The Burning Crusade, all of the legendary items required a complicated and arduous quest line in order to get them.
- Legendary items cannot be transmogrified, nor be used to transmogrify.
- Equippable items of legendary quality always have one or more attribute bonuses or procs.
- Equippable items at legendary quality can't be disenchanted by characters with the Enchanting profession.
- The hexadecimal color code for legendary itemlinks is #ff8000.
- ^ Kalgan 2016-02-18. Legendaries are concerning. Retrieved on 2016-06-10.
- ^ Legion Developer Q&A - Ion Hazzikostas. MMO-Champion (2016-06-16). Retrieved on 2016-06-19.
- ^ A Guide to Legion Legendaries. Wowhead. Retrieved on 2016-09-15.
- ^ Ythisens 2018-07-13. Legendary Items in BfA Pre-Patch. Archived from the original on 2018-07-13. Retrieved on 2018-07-13.