We have begun migration of most wikis to our new host, Amazon Web Services. All but the top 100 wikis are in read-only mode until the migration is complete. Estimated completion: TBD -- Update: Fri 10/20 11pm UTC - We have encountered some unexpected issues. Our staff is working around the clock to complete this process as quickly as possible. Thank you for your patience.
Legendary quality is currently the highest level of item quality available to players, above Epic. It usually takes multiple end-game raid instance runs to acquire or craft these items. Legendary items are considered the most powerful items available to players. The names of legendary-quality items will appear in orange. There is also a higher category of item called Artifact that was introduced in World of Warcraft: Legion.
For the list of legendary items, see Legendary items.
This section concerns content exclusive to Legion.
"Legion Legendaries" are a large number of items that are below normal legendaries in rarity, but still very powerful. At the beginning of World of Warcraft: Legion, players are only able to equip one Legion Legendary item at a time. As the expansion progresses, the number of legendaries that can be equipped at once will go up.
- Prior to Legion, nearly all equippable legendary items were weapons. Most others were components used to create these weapons. One, the , is a mount. With the exception of those in The Burning Crusade, all of the legendary items required a complicated and arduous quest line in order to get them.
- Legendary items cannot be transmogrified, nor be used to transmogrify.
- Equippable items of legendary quality always have one or more attribute bonuses or procs.
- Equippable items at legendary quality can't be disenchanted by characters with the Enchanting profession.
- The hexadecimal color code for legendary itemlinks is #ff8000.