Legion ships (also called (Legion) command ships, battleships, or command centers) are spaceships created by the Burning Legion that can teleport and travel between dimensions, namely the Twisting Nether and the Great Dark Beyond. Being dagger-shaped, the tip of the ships forms a portal which can then be used to summon in more demons and bombard enemy troops with infernal-like fireballs.
They are used to transport and deploy troops directly on the field, as well as acting like gateways for the Legion to summon their armies. They are thus present on both the worlds they invade as well as their own worlds where the demons reside, serving as bases of operations. They were deployed in great numbers during the various stages of the Legion's third invasion of Azeroth, including the Battle for the Broken Shore, the Legion invasions and the assault on Karazhan.
Functionalities and characteristics
This section concerns content exclusive to Legion.
used the Fel Hammer's warp systems to transport the bulk of the recently freed Illidari forces aboard, but doing so greatly taxed the ship's power. Instead, the leader of the Illidari used the power of their warglaives to tear a rift in reality and open a permanent gateway, powered by captured demons' souls, from Dalaran to the Fel Hammer. From the other side of the portal, the gateway is being kept open by Priestesses of Dementia.
The Lightbreaker could only be accessed through a portal locked to those without the key, divided in two halves which were given to the powerful lieutenants of the demon , commander of the operations in Felsoul Hold.
tried to utilize two of them in Netherspace to secure Karazhan and tether the tower to every single Legion world in existence, which would've allowed the infinite armies of the Legion to pour into Azeroth. A massive number of them could be seen in the distance.
The top of a Legion ship's spire is a cannon, a weapon demonstrated by the Fel Hammer.
- The Fel Hammer, on Mardum, the Shattered Abyss. It was in this ship that the was being safekept by . It was captured by the Illidari.
- The Lightbreaker, command ship of Felsoul Hold, which planned to use to destroy Dalaran.
- The Soulrender, floating over Faronaar.
- Shadowgore Citadel.
- The Cathedral, on Niskara, attached to a cliff.
- The Sentinax, patrolling the Broken Shore.
- The Dreadex, where wyrmtongues take the trinkets they steal.
- Mephistroth's unnamed ship over the Black City, destroyed during the assault on Broken Shore.
- The Dreadsoul, floating above the Felstorm and assaulted by the Armies of Legionfall.
- The unnamed Legion Command Ship floating over the Broken Shore.
- Kil'jaeden's unnamed flagship whose remains crashed on Argus at Deceiver's Scar.
As a battle pet
- Micronax Controller is rewarded from .
- These ships have existed for "quite a long time" according to Alex Afrasiabi. They at least already existed during the era of the War in Outland, since the Fel Hammer was captured by the Illidari back then.
- Their prows somewhat resemble melted and warped versions of the titan architecture of Stormheim, hinting at possible titan influence in their design.
- ^ Name of mob when taking damage from Fel Artillery during the Legion Invasions
- ^ Name of mob when taking damage from Hellfire Cannons during the battle for the Broken Shore
- ^ Lord Commander Alexius quotes
- ^ Viz'aduum the Watcher#Quotes
- ^ Quest:The Wailing Dead
- ^ Quest:Where There's a Whip...
- ^ Alex Afrasiabi on Twitter