|Former affiliation(s)||Kingdom of Lordaeron|
|Location||Valiance Keep, Borean Tundra|
|Relative(s)||(father), (mother), (brother)|
Death KnightThis section concerns content exclusive to the World of Warcraft manga.
Before the outbreak of the Scourge, Leryssa was a farm girl living on her family's property in Lordaeron, along with her brother . Even if at times they enter in an argument, she had a good relationship with her brother. had a crush on her, but she wasn't interested.
When Arthas began destroying what remained of Lordaeron, she escaped to Stormwind and opened or found a job in a clothing shop with an unknown female human. It was here where she received a letter sent from her brother, including the news that he had just enrolled in the Alliance army in Northrend. She decided to travel there to find out the truth. After General Arlos' and Counselor Talbot's disappointing news, she decided to go and wait in the inn. She didn't believe this news, but didn't know what to do.
Wrath of the Lich KingThis section concerns content exclusive to Wrath of the Lich King.
Leryssa received word from William that her brother enlisted in Valiance Keep on the same day he did, even though he was supposed to have been dead for years. She sold everything she owned to come looking for Thassarian, and with the help of an Alliance adventurer, discovered that William was killed. The circumstances of his death were strange and Leryssa insisted on further investigation. Later both she and were put under mind control by , who was in fact , and taken atop of Naxxanar, where they were to be sacrificed to the . and the adventurer had then came and defeated Valanar, freeing Leryssa and Arlos. After she was freed, she bid her farewell to her brother, who promised her to return to her once his task is done, and returned to Stormwind.
Leryssa is involved in the following quests:
Event in Borean Tundra
- Leryssa yells: Thassarian, you're alive!
- Thassarian says: Leryssa... you... you're all right!
- Thassarian returns to the point where he had run to and kneels, and Leryssa joins him.
- Leryssa says: I thought... I thought you were... dead.
- Thassarian says: I cannot return home with you just yet, Leryssa. I am not quite done with the Scourge.
- Leryssa says: Don't leave me again! You want to fight for your country, but they don't even want you! They sent you here to die!
- Thassarian says: You might be right, sister. My obligations to my land and King have been fulfilled. But there is still something that I owe to myself.
- Leryssa says: I know that look in your eye... I'm not going to be able to talk you out of this. If you die on me again...
- Thassarian says: Do not worry, Leryssa. I will come back to you when I'm done. Nothing in the world will stop me from coming home to the only family that I have left.
I'll never forget what you did for Thassarian. I will always be in you debt.
- Leryssa is voiced by Jessica Straus.
After Valanar is downed in Last Rites, Thassarian promises to return home with Leryssa. Early on in the Battle for Andorhal quest chain in Cataclysm, however, Thassarian mentions that he has "no family" and "no friends" left. This is probably an oversight on Blizzard's part, as his friend and Horde counterpart Koltira says the exact same thing in their respective quests.
- Patch 3.0.2 (2008-10-14): Added.