Level 60 hunter twinking guide
This guide has been updated for Warlords of Draenor over at Wowhead
This guide was written for a level 60 Hunter, if you're 61-64, the enchant values and stat conversion values will be off.
Written by Kiingzy-Frostmourne(US)
Choosing your race
The most important thing to consider when creating a twink is the racials, below is a list of the relevant ones for PvP.
- - Allows for double DPS trinkets. Human:
- . Dwarf:
- . Worgen:
- . Night Elf:
- . Draenei:
- Pandaren: and .
- - At level 60 this provides 129 attack power, assuming its used every cooldown it's equivalent to 16 passive attack power. Orc:
- - Forward jump, can be used as a double disengage. Goblin:
- - Weaker version of the humans racial. Forsaken:
- - Has its moments but the general idea as a hunter is to stay out of melee range. Blood Elf:
Each race has different base stats, the amount it varies by is between 2-10 depending on race. The races listed below are the highest for both factions. If more than one from a faction is listed, they are equal. The full list can be found here.
- Players choosing Agility will want to go with a Night Elf, Troll, Blood Elf or Goblin.
- Players choosing Stamina will want to go with a Dwarf, Tauren, Orc or Forsaken.
Agility is the most important stat. 1 agility will give hunters more DPS than 1 of any other stat (except, of course, for ranged weapon dps).
- 1 Agility = 2 Attack Power.
- 14 Attack Power = 1 DPS. (For weapon damage based shots)
- 1 Stamina = 10 Health.
- 14 Crit Rating = 1% Crit Chance.
- 33 Agility = 1% Crit Chance.
- 7.8 Hit Rating = 1% Hit Chance.
- PvE Hit Cap - 7.5%
- PvP Hit Cap - 3-5% (see below)
- 7.8 Expertise Rating = 1% Expertise.
- PvE Expertise Cap - 7.5%
- PvP Expertise Cap - 3%
PvP Hit & Expertise
The PvP Hit cap will vary depending on your faction:
- Both factions require 3% hit to never miss against targets your own level.
- The expertise cap is different depending on faction, 3% is required to prevent most players from dodging shots if you're Alliance, for Horde 5% is needed to achieve the same result, this is due to the Night Elf racial . Even while at this cap feral druids, rogues and other hunters will still dodge shots due to the dodge gained from agility.
For every level above your own an additional 1% of both stats is required. The highest level in this bracket is 64.
Talents & Glyphs
- Tier 1: Not much to say, pick what suits you the most.
- Tier 2: Binding Shot and Intimidation are the obvious choices here, comes down to personal preference.
- Tier 3: Spirit Bond offers the most overall healing, while Exhilaration offers the best burst heal. Aspect of the Ironhawk is a flat damage decrease that works well with the base 40% resil.
- Tier 4: Thrill of the Hunt is strong with its high proc rate, Fervor is also quite strong with a 30 second cooldown. At this level Dire Beast is not worth it compared to the other two.
- They're all situational, choose whichever you prefer and swap them out as needed.
Assuming you kill everything that moves you should will get honored by clearing Sethekk Halls on the 8th run, less if you have access to the guild battle standards.
Below are the benefits from all professions available to a level 60.
The top items are the best in slot. Since the classic versions of Zul'Gurub and Onyxia have been removed I am not including any loot that drops there. Naxxramas gear from the BMAH is listed below.
Prior to patch 4.0.3a this guide listed items from Zul'Gurub, due to the instances removal they are no longer on this list, however they are still Best in Slot, if you have them do not replace it with the current listings.
This set is no where near Best in Slot. Use it while you work on your BiS set.
- 125 Honour.
- 125 Honour.
- 125 Honour.
- 70 Honour.
- 70 Honour.
- 70 Honour.
- / Quest reward from Hellfire Fortifications or bought from the PvP Vendor in Stormwind City/Orgrimmar for 55 honour.
Black Market Auction House Gear
In Mists of Pandaria the Black Market Auction House was introduced, bringing back the Tier 3 sets. The 6 and 8 set bonuses have not been updated for focus and as such are pretty much useless, but the stats on the items, for most slots, are far superior than tier 2.5. Also take into account that you will not be able to enchant the shoulders if you didn't keep any extras from ZG and the helm cannot be enchanted at all.
Burning Crusade Gear
Due to the gem slots on this gear, these items are stronger then classic gear stat wise, however take into consideration what other stats or set bonuses you would lose. The is a must have. Some of these items are leather which will cause you to lose the bonus.
- - Created with 370 Engineering.
- - Quest reward from .
Since 5.4 these gems will scale down to +8 while out in the world and to +10 while in battlegrounds.
Since 5.4 enchants now scale with level so the tooltips are values while in battlegrounds, to the right of each enchant is the value when used on a level 60 while in the world. Later expansion enchants will scale lower than most earlier expansion enchants.
Enchants aren't listed in any order. 1 Agility = 2 Attack Power.
- Crafted with Leatherworking.
- Enchant Chest - Powerful Stats +10 Stats.
- Enchant Bracers - Greater Assault +19 Attack Power.
- +3 Stats. (Requires Enchanting - 375)
The individual pet families also have their own special abilities which include a snare, slow, silence, stun and disarm. The duration, cooldown and range of these spells are different for each. At this level you'll be given 3 stable slots, select three abilities you want and swap between them as needed.
At this level it's not possible to tame exotic creatures, as such they haven't been included.
|Scorpion||8 Seconds||1 Minute|
|Bird||8 Seconds||1 Minute|
|Spider||5 Seconds||40 Seconds||30 Yards|
|Dog||4 Seconds||40 Seconds||Melee|
|Crab||4 Seconds||40 Seconds||Melee|
|Monkey||4 Seconds||2 Minutes||20 Yards|
|Wasp||2 Seconds||1.5 Minutes||Melee|
|Basilisk||3 Seconds||2 Minutes||20 Yards|
|Bat||2 Seconds||2 Minutes||20 Yards|
|Gorilla||2 Seconds||30 Seconds||Melee|
|Nether Ray||2 Seconds||40 Seconds||20 Yards|
|Moth||4 Seconds||1 Minute||25 Yards|
- Slow: , Time Warp (pet)
|Crocalisk||6 Seconds||10 Seconds||Melee Yards|
|Warp Stalker||5 Seconds||15 Seconds||25 Yards|
Pet Spell Macros
To save having to constantly swap out spells on your action bar, this macro will change depending on the pet you're currently using:
/cast [pet:Type/Name] <spell>; [pet:Type2/Name2] <spell>; etc
As an example, this will cast Clench with a scorpion out and Web with a spider out.
#showtooltip /cast [pet:scorpid] Clench; [pet:spider] Web
There's no limit beyond the macro character limit, you can also use your pets name instead of its unit type.
To get a pets unit type, while you have it out, copy the below into chat and it'll be displayed in the default chat frame.
#showtooltip /cast [@player] Roar of Sacrifice[/color]
The below profile does list Burning Crusade or Black Market gear.
Level 60 Hunter Twink Profile