|Title||Crown Prince of Gilneas|
|Occupation||Prince of Gilneas|
|Location||Buried in Aderic's Repose (Lore), Various|
|Relative(s)||Genn (father), Mia (mother), Tess (sister), Archibald (grandfather)|
- "We protected Gilneas from the the Scourge, we protected Gilneas during the Northgate rebellion. We will protect Gilneas from whatever this new threat may be."
Lord of His PackThis section concerns content exclusive to the Warcraft novels or short stories.
After the Greymane Wall was constructed and the Third War began, teenage Liam watched with his father and the mage from atop the wall as a massive sea of the Scourge assaulted it in waves. Liam often disagreed with his father and had quarrels with him, particularly over seceding from the Alliance and constructing the Greymane Wall.
The Fall of GilneasThis section concerns content exclusive to the World of Warcraft comics. This section concerns content exclusive to Cataclysm.
Liam was ordered by his father to oversee the defenses of the Greymane Wall which has been beset by the invading Forsaken. Yet with the swelling ranks of the Forsaken and the recent worgen invasion of Gilneas City, he was presumably forced to abandon his post and was ordered to secure Merchant Square. After the squares were lost, he met with his father and in the Greymane Court. Liam suggested he stay and protect the city but Crowley retorted it will be better to have Liam escape with Genn to safety.
Soon afterwards met with Genn and Liam shortly after her father decided to stay behind in the cathedral and make a last stand against the worgen. She had received word her father was free, but Liam told her about the choice Darius made. Lorna pulled out her gun and took aim at Genn, cursing at him and believing this was his idea of revenge after the Northgate Rebellion. Liam restrained her, and a hysterical Lorna demanded she be let go to die with her father before she began to cry in Liam's arms.
Liam and his father escapes with the other Gilnean refugees to the village of Duskhaven. With all that has transpired, Gilneas is now faced with a terrible truth: their mighty wall cannot hold back the dead much longer. Despite all that happens, he still believes in his father, despite Genn's doubts. Liam believes Genn could be a great leader once again if he could only regain his confidence in himself. Then he observed the effects of Krennan's elixir on the worgen.
However, he starts drinking to drown his regrets of preventing the loss of Gilneas City, but when the Forsaken attack Gilneas, he and his men fight back. The Shattering occurs as he starts to head towards the main Forsaken army, and therefore assists in the rescue of drowning soldiers and then evacuating Duskhaven. He travels to Stormglen with the other evacuees, but his stagecoach is attacked by ogres before it can reach the village. With the help of the adventurer he rescued crash survivors and dealt with the ogres by tricking Koroth the Hillbreaker into attacking the Forsaken.
Some days later Genn told his son the truth about how the curse spread and revealed to him that he was bitten. Liam was fine with the revelations, leading to a reconciliation between him and his father.
After the Gilneans unite due to the efforts of his father and , he sobers up and prepares to lead a counter attack against the Forsaken invaders. He leads his men in reclaiming the land in the Battle of Gilneas City, but is killed by when he takes a poisoned arrow intended for Genn. He dies secure in the knowledge that the city had been retaken. He was buried in the holy ground of Aderic's Repose.
After his death, Liam's memory haunts Genn. In Stormheim, Genn steals a magical lantern from Sylvanas to prevent her from enslaving and destroys it, referencing Liam's death by saying "You took my son's future, and now I've taken yours".
Prince Liam after the loss of Gilneas City.
|Location||Level range||Health range|
In Gilneas City:
In Hailwood Marsh:
- Merchant Square
We need you, name! There are worgen everywhere!
- For my people.
- For Gilneas!
- Main article: Quest:Lockdown!#Notes
- Main article: Quest:All Hell Breaks Loose#Notes
- Main article: Quest:Time to Regroup#Notes
- Main article: Quest:Introductions Are in Order#Notes
- Main article: Quest:The Battle for Gilneas City#Notes
- The speech made by Liam before the battle in Gilneas City is reminiscent of Winston Churchill's speech in the House of Commons on June 4, 1940, during the Battle of Britain. Faced with overwhelming odds, Churchill vowed that "we shall fight on the beaches, we shall fight on the landing grounds, we shall fight in the fields and in the streets, we shall fight in the hills; we shall never surrender".
- He wielded a during the Cataclysm beta, but wields a normal Gilnean rifle in the live version of the game.
- Liam is voiced by Zach Appelman.
During the battle, Liam was using the multi-shot ability, indicating he was probably a hunter.
It could also be that this is a common name among all humans because its meaning in the real world is Protection in the German variant, obviously a popular theme, and My People in the Hebrew variant, which is fitting name for a ruler.
Patches and hotfixes
- Hotfix (2010-12-08): "Liam has been given lessons in anger management and team work. He will now properly stay with his soldiers during "The Battle for Gilneas City" event."
- Patch 4.0.3a (2010-11-23): Added.