- "Libram" redirects here. For the libram items, see Libram (item).
Librams are holy books used by paladins.
Prior to the Second War, Alonsus Faol presented a set of enchanted librams to the first five Knights of the Silver Hand. These holy tomes were some of the church's most ancient relics, and each libram represented what Faol saw as a core trait of the Silver Hand: retribution, holiness, protection, justice, and compassion. Faol gave one libram to each of the paladins and challenged them to become living embodiments of what their holy tomes represented.
- Turalyon held the Libram of Protection
- Uther held the Libram of Justice
- Tirion Fordring held the Libram of Retribution
- Saidan Dathrohan held the Libram of Holiness
- Gavinrad held the Libram of Compassion
In World of Warcraft
This section concerns content related to the original World of Warcraft.
- , the book of Davil Crokford, was recovered by Scarlet Crusade troops after its owner was killed in the Battle of Darrowshire. The book was brought to the town hall of Hearthglen, where it was often read by crusaders eager to draw from Davil's strength. The book later made its way to the Marris Stead, whose former owner collected relics from the Battle of Darrowshire.
- The Libram of Ancient Kings is the lore book for paladin artifacts, found in the Sanctum of Light.
- The Libram of the Dead is the lore book for death knight artifacts, found in Acherus: The Ebon Hold.
- , , , , and are world drops that can drop from mobs around Azeroth.
- , , and drop from mobs in Dire Maul.
- drops from Archimonde in Hellfire Citadel.
- is an Ashran world drop which temporarily grants the paladin the spell.
Librams were formerly Paladin-specific relics. Prior to Patch 4.0.1, they typically gave significant bonuses to a single spell rather than a general stat bonus of ranged weapons; for instance, they might reduce the cost of or increase the damage done by .
This functionality was changed in Patch 4.0.1 in preparation for World of Warcraft: Cataclysm. Like rings or trinkets, librams now give Stamina along with other stats appropriate to the spec they were designed for, often with sockets as well. They are no longer exclusive to paladins; those with Strength can also be used by death knights, while those with intellect can be used by druids and shaman.
These are librams that are no longer obtainable to players who do not currently have one.
- The codices written by Mereldar and the other early human prophets might have become the five librams given to the first Knights of the Silver Hand.
- The , and Tome of Nobility mentioned in old paladin quests might also be librams as well.