|The subject of this article was removed from World of Warcraft in patch 7.0.3.
Lichborne is a talented death knight ability, available at level 57. It allows the death knight to draw upon unholy energy to become undead for 10 seconds. While undead, you are immune to charm, fear, and sleep effects, and using Lichborne will remove any such effects currently affecting the death knight.
Becoming undead has a number of consequences for the death knight:
- Allows a death knight to self-heal using Death Coil (death knight ability)
- Makes the death knight susceptible to abilities able to target Undead mobs, such as and
- Prevents certain abilities from being used on the death knight, such as , and
Removing Lichborne does not remove CCs.
Lichborne is not affected by the global cooldown.
- Patch 7.0.3 (2016-07-19): Removed.
- Patch 6.0.2 (2014-10-14): Now also increases Leech by 10%.
- Patch 5.0.4 (2012-08-28): Now a talent, and also causes Death Coil to heal the death knight.
- Patch 3.2.0 (2009-08-04): The buff from this ability can now be cancelled.