Lifeblood (herbalism ability)
|The subject of this article was removed from World of Warcraft in patch 6.0.2.
- For the Azerite trait, see Lifeblood.
Lifeblood is an instant-cast self-buff that grants haste and a small amount of healing, available to herbalists. It is a free, instant buff that increases in power for every 75 skill points in herbalism. The healing portion does not scale with spell power, however, it can crit.
|Rank||Haste||Skill Level||Character Level|
Lifeblood is not affected by the global cooldown.
Lifeblood can be used in arenas and cannot be dispelled by any means. Using Lifeblood does not break or , but the ability causes flowers to grow around the feet of the character. This may alert other players to your presence in PvP. Talents and abilities that increase healing taken will increase the healing done by Lifeblood.
Lifeblood shares a 20-second cooldown with all on-use other trinkets that increase stat X by Y amount.
Because of the racial, Tauren players will need an additional 15 skill points in order to learn each rank of Lifeblood.
Tips and tactics
- While the health restored is fairly minor at very high levels, it is more significant when used at lower levels.
- The main benefit to Lifeblood is its haste buff. Haste has a number of effects, lowering attack speed, increasing casting speed and increasing the tick rate of DoTs and HoTs. Haste's benefit depends on the player's class and spec, and its importance often varies with patch changes.
- Because using Lifeblood does not consume a global cooldown, it can be used in macros. As haste stacks multiplicatively, perhaps the best use of Lifeblood is when combined with other haste cooldowns to provide a haste panic button, gaining the maximum benefit from its effect. Alternatively it can be macroed into damage spells, providing an effectively passive, if irregular damage boost.
- Patch 6.0.2 (2014-10-14): Removed.
- Patch 4.0.1 (2010-10-12): Redesigned. Now instantly heals 4% of maximum HP and provides an instant haste buff lasting 20 seconds.
- Patch 3.2.0 (2009-08-04):
- Increased healing from Lifeblood (Rank 6).
- Lifeblood now scales slightly with maximum health. No longer affected by global cooldown.
- Patch 3.1.0 (2009-04-14): Now has level requirements equal to the level required for the corresponding skill rank: Apprentice (1), Journeyman (1), Expert (10), Artisan (25), Master (40), Grand Master (55).
- Patch 3.0.8 (2009-01-20): Changed to trigger global cooldown.
- Patch 3.0.2 (2008-10-14): Added.
Other gathering profession-granted skills: