||It is requested that a screenshot or screenshots be included in this article to improve its quality.
Fangraal as the Lifeless Ancient
Fangraal is a Draenor ancient who assists the Alliance in battle in Ashran.
First encountered as a Lifeless Protector, Fangraal must be empowered through by gathering 3,000 Artifact Fragments for Anenga, in Stormshield Stronghold. Once empowered, he will push toward the Horde base, attacking any hostile characters he encounters.
- Entangling Roots — Deals 177607 Nature damage and roots the target in place for until cancelled, dealing additional Nature damage every 5 sec.
- Entangling Roots — Deals 70000 Nature damage plus an additional 30000 Nature damage over 8 sec while rooted.
- Wild Growth — Heals nearby friendly 35000 health every 1 sec.
- Summoning Treants
- Arise, my little sapling.
- Out with the old, in with the…. new.
- From death…. sprouts life.
- Anenga, on empowering Fangraal
- Anenga yells: We've done it! Fangraal marches into Ashran to cleanse the Horde filth. Don't let him die, Alliance!
- Anenga, on Fangraal's death
- Anenga yells: Fangraal has been slain by the Horde! Poor lil' guy.
For tips on Fangraal's role in the battle of Ashran, see Ashran.
Notes and trivia
- Fangraal will attack hostile targets on sight, but seems to have a fairly small aggro radius, and is quite capable of ignoring nearby enemies.
- Fangraal is often referred to by players as "Groot", or "Treesus".
- Prior to January 2015, Fangraal used the Soul of the Forest ability to cause all nearby enemies slain to sprout Treant guardians upon death, who would defend Fangraal for a short period before expiring.
Patches and hotfixes
- Patch 7.0.3 (2016-07-19): Level increased to 112 from 102.
- Hotfix (2015-01-07): Fangraal no longer uses the Soul of the Forest ability.
- Hotfix (2014-12-19): Fangraal and Kronus now costs 3000 Artifact Fragments to summon (up from 1000).
- Hotfix (2014-12-11): Fangraal and Kronus no longer scales their health based the number of players they're fighting. Each faction guardian's health now scales based on the number of enemy players active at the time when they're summoned.
- Hotfix (2014-12-08): Disabled health regeneration for Kronus, Fangraal, Grand Marshal Tremblade, and High Warlord Volrath when they leash or drop out of combat.
- Hotfix (2014-12-05): To address a potential pathing issue, Fangraal, Kronus, and faction Captains now continuously push towards the enemy faction's base.
- Hotfix (2014-11-25): Fangraal and Kronus now have 25% less health.
- Patch 6.0.2 (2014-10-14): Added.
- Kronus - Fangraal's Horde counterpart