The noble and fearless lion is one of the traditional, beastial emblems of humanity, featuring prominantly on the crests of Stormwind and the Alliance (as well as being a popular motif in Stormwind's sister-kingdom of Lordaeron).
As a mount
- is sold to players for 1500 after earning Exalted Guild Reputation. The reins use the second model of lion.
- is purchased from for a .
As a companion pet
As a hunter pet
- Main article: Cat#As a Hunter pet
In the RPGThis section concerns content exclusive to the Warcraft RPG and is considered non-canon.
Dire lions are large lions found on Azeroth, and in the Badlands.Their faces constantly betray a look of aggression. Dire lions are patient hunters, just like their smaller cousin, but apt take on considerably larger prey. Many dire lions grow to be up to 15 feet long and weigh up to 1,000 pounds. A dire lion attacks by running at prey, leaping, and clawing and biting as it rakes with its rear claws. It often jumps onto a creature larger than itself. Dark Iron dwarves under Dedrik Thunderaxe had trained a dire lion to guard their cavern, and to ignore dwarves (it would not attack them). The lion wore an iron collar with two large loops on the top. They fed it a myriad of delicacies, including gnolls.
- ^ TCG Betrayal of the Guardian/146
- ^ Adorning 's armour in-game as well as found on flags and embossed in gold in the human campaign screen of Warcraft III.)
- ^ Blizzard Entertainment. Monster Guide Web Supplement, 12. ISBN 1300002129.
- ^ Arthaus. World of Warcraft: The Roleplaying Game, 70. ISBN 9781588467812.
- ^ Blizzard Entertainment. Monster Guide, 36. ISBN 9781588469366.
- ^ Arthaus. Lands of Conflict, 134-136. ISBN 9781588469601.