|Title||Ranger-General of Silvermoon|
|Affiliation(s)||Kingdom of Quel'Thalas, House of Windrunner|
|Occupation||Ranger-General of Silvermoon, wielder of Thas'dorah|
|Relative(s)||Alleria, Lirath, Sylvanas, Vereesa (children),
Rhonin, Turalyon (sons-in-law),
Arator, Giramar, Galadin (grandsons),
Zendarin (nephew or nephew-in-law),
Lireesa Windrunner was the Ranger-General of Silvermoon and wielder of Thas'dorah a few years prior to the First War. She was the mother of the four Windrunner siblings: Alleria, Lirath, Sylvanas, and Vereesa. Since the eldest child, Alleria, refused the mantle of Ranger-General, choosing instead to make more practical use of her abilities as a member of the Farstriders, Thas'dorah remained in Lireesa's hands until tragedy struck: at the onset of the Second War, she and many of her rangers were killed in a bloody attack by the Amani trolls, who had recently allied themselves with the invading Orcish Horde. Sylvanas became the new Ranger-General, but Alleria was the one who took up Thas'dorah.
- At some point, the Windrunner siblings' parents gave Alleria a necklace containing an emerald, a ruby, and a sapphire. Alleria later melted down the necklace and gave the ruby and the sapphire to Vereesa and Sylvanas, respectively.
- While Tales of the Hunt states that Sylvanas became Ranger-General following Lireesa's death in the Second War, the short story Dark Mirror instead shows that Sylvanas was already an established Ranger-General before the Second War had reached Quel'Thalas.
It could be speculated that Lireesa was actually killed during the interim between the First War and Second War.
- ^ Tales of the Hunt: Thas'dorah, Legacy of the Windrunners
- ^ Rosenberg, Aaron; Christie Golden. Beyond the Dark Portal, 199. ISBN 978-1-4165-5086-0.
- ^ a b Arthas: Rise of the Lich King, chapter nineteen
- ^ Rosenberg, Aaron; Christie Golden. Beyond the Dark Portal, 198. ISBN 978-1-4165-5086-0.
- ^ Dark Mirror
Talanas Windrunner (earliest known)
Ranger-General of Silvermoon