Living Amber (quest)
90 (Requires 89)
+250 The Klaxxi
Collect 8 Living Amber, then feed them to Korven the Prime.
- Living Amber fed to Korven the Prime x9
Liquid amber is most efficient for restoring a newly awakened paragon's strength, and is usually provided at a wakening ceremony.
Unfortunately, it seems you did not receive these instructions, so we shall have to improvise.
I can sense a vast quantity of fossilized amber in the lake below us. It will serve, but I am too weak to dig it up myself.
Do this for me, and I will see to it that you are rewarded.
Do you understand, Wakener? The amber gives life.
Thank you, Wakener. That is enough, for now.
- 236000 XP
- +250 reputation with The Klaxxi
Exit the cave and head north into the lake, then start killing crocolisks. Look for the small amber chunks on the lakebed, not the big ones.
On feeding Korven:
- Korven the Prime says: Ah yes. One does not forget the taste of amber.
- Korven the Prime says: Back when the world was still young, the first kypari trees bloomed.
- Korven the Prime says: From the trees, the amber flowed and nurtured us. Kyparite, we called it, the lifeblood of the earth.
- Korven the Prime says: It healed our wounds and made us bold. It tasted like sweetness and fire, and gave us the strength to conquer all the lesser races.
- Korven the Prime says: Many were the threats to our race after the usurpers remade the world. Narrow was the path ahead.
- Korven the Prime says: It was I who suggested our greatest warriors be cast in amber to sleep, to be awakened at the swarm's greatest times of need.
- Korven the Prime says: It was the sleep from which one could never awake. A great risk. A great sacrifice. But necessary.
- Korven the Prime says: Thus, I was the first paragon. This is why, I am the prime.
- Korven the Prime says: And now, the Klaxxi call us to battle. Now, I am awakened.
- Patch 5.0.4 (2012-08-28): Added.