Lord Aurius Rivendare (quest)
Kill Lord Aurius Rivendare.
- Lord Aurius Rivendare slain (He has fallen too far to be left standing.)
This Chapel is the last Light amongst so much darkness. Ras Frostwhisper took his own life in the slaughterhouse, carving his face into a macabre smile in front of the Lich King, who raised him into the Lich that now haunts Scholomance.
The ground where that atrocity occured[sic] is now Scourge holy ground, blessed by the Lich King with the very darkest magic. Lord Aurius Rivendare, new ruler of Stratholme, now guards it and continues his master's evil work. Slay him without pause.
Don't waste our time. Every second spend chatting away is a second we aren't taking Stratholme back for the Light.
Stratholme will become a paragon of all that is good in this world. You have my thanks for your part in this mission.
After killing Aurius:
- Crusade Commander Eligor Dawnbringer yells: You've done it, heroes! Stratholme is ours! Come, we wait just outside the Slaughterhouse!
Outside, Eligor Dawnbringer receives you as level 49 Argent Crusaders patrol and hold the streets, cleaning up the remaining undead. To the north, Archmage Angela Dosantos channels the portal that reinforcements have entered the city from, a formation standing before Crusade Commander Korfax. Master Craftsman Wilhelm and Packmaster Stonebruiser stand by the entrance to Slaughter Square.
- Crusade Commander Eligor Dawnbringer says: Your actions were pivotal in successfully reclaiming the city. Rivendare's death signifies the beginning of a new era for the Plaguelands. The few remaining Scourge should fall easily, and the land will at last be reborn.
- Crusade Commander Eligor Dawnbringer says: Stratholme may take quite some time to be rebuilt and fully cleansed, but it is an effort I will take great pleasure in watching unfold. Perhaps one day we will see the next great defender of the Light armed in the Bastion of the Silver Hand, or ordained in Alonsus Chapel. No matter the outcome, our work here will bear great fruit one day.
- Crusade Commander Eligor Dawnbringer says: Thank you, brave heroes. Thank you for showing Azeroth that no matter how overwhelming the darkness becomes, a single Light can pierce through.
- Patch 4.0.3a (2010-11-23): Added.