Lord of Outland (WC3 BloodElf)
|Previous: Gates of the Abyss|
|Next: King Arthas|
|Lord of Outland|
|Conflict: Curse of the Blood Elves|
|Place: The Black Temple|
|Outcome: Illidan's forces victory taking of the Black Temple, Illidan proclaimed Lord of Outland|
|Commanders and leaders|
|Casualties and losses|
|template | talk | edit|
After successfully closing Magtheridon's Shadow Portals and thereby cutting off the mighty Pit Lord's supply of reinforcements, Illidan, and marched upon the Black Temple. Magtheridon was outraged by this development, but typically for his arrogant kind he was not unduly worried- his citadel was extremely well protected by war machines and armies of Fel Orcs and Demons, led by the powerful and . As the Illidan's forces made their approach he swore to crush the Demon Hunter and his retainers.
Illidan split his forces, joining Kael in a frontal assault of the Temple whilst Vashj and her Naga insinuated themselves into the vast citadel's sewer and aqueduct system. Kael and Illidan immediately ran into problems in the form of Magtheridon's infernal war machines, which slaughtered many blood elves as they assaulted the Temple gates. Fortunately, and his draenei arrived, pledging their services to Illidan. They were able to infiltrate the Temple and destroy the network crystals which powered the war machines, allowing Kael and Illidan's forces to overrun the gates. They claimed an armoury containing several Fel Orc Demolishers, which they used to blast apart the Fel Orc encampments. Using the shadowy might of the Draenei again and again to sabotage Magtheridon's war machines, Illidan and Kael swept aside the Fel Orcs and Demons to battle and then kill the Master of Pain.
Meanwhile, Vashj and her small group of Naga routed several flotillas sent to engage them and destroyed two subterranean bases, the Fel Orcs proving no match for the awesome might of Vashj's Royal Guard. With her remaining troops Vashj then fought the Mistress of Torment and her retinue, the Sea Witch eventually overcoming the vicious Succubus.
With both of his lieutenants dead, the door to Magtheridon's chambers opened. Illidan, Kael, Akama and Vashj joined forces along with several captive Fel Orcs and Demons and assaulted the Pit Lord directly. After a terrible battle which killed many of the Illidan's forces, Magtheridon was finally defeated.
was shocked by his defeat at the hands of these strangers. The beaten pit lord asked Illidan if he was an agent of the Burning Legion sent to test him. Illidan laughed and replied that he had come to replace Magtheridon.
Illidan claimed himself Lord of Outland, and the remaining fel orcs and demons bowed down to their new master. However, the Betrayer's triumph was short-lived; barely an hour after the battle, the skies above the Black Temple clouded and the spectral form of appeared, demanding Illidan complete his task of destroying the . Cowed, Illidan once again gathered the Blood Elves and the Naga to him and marched upon Northrend.
- Fel Orc Warlock: Our enemies draw near, Lord Magtheridon.
- : These upstarts are tiresome gnats, nothing more. The might of Magtheridon cannot be denied! I am the Lord of Outland! Those who dispute my rule will soon regret their folly.
- : "Magtheridon has grown strong over the years, but he has had few real foes to contend with. He has become decadent and complacent. The boisterous cur cannot match our cunning or our will."
- Prince Kael'thas: This will be a glorious battle, master. Though Magtheridon's forces vastly outnumber ours, your warriors are prepared to fight to the end.
- people's zeal, young . Their spirits and powers have been honed in this harsh wilderness. Their courage alone may be enough to... Illidan Stormrage: I am pleased by your
- Vashj: Lord Illidan, new arrivals come to greet you.
- : We draenei have fought the orcs and their demon masters for generations. Now, at last, we will end their curse forever. We are yours to command, Lord Illidan.
- Illidan Stormrage: As I promised, your people shall have their vengeance, Akama. By night's end, we will all be drunk with it. Vashj, Kael--give the final order to strike. The hour of wrath has come!
During the Mission
- Butcher: "Ahh... Fresh meat!"
- Vashj: You've done it, Lord Illidan! Their defenses are broken! Only Magtheridon and his lackeys stand before us!
- orcs' demonic siege weapons. We must crush the compound's defenders and claim the weapons for our own! Illidan Stormrage: The nearby bastion holds many of the
- Illidan Stormrage: The orcs' siege machines are ours! We'll use Magtheridon's own weapons against him.
- Legion? Have you been sent to test me? Magtheridon: I do not know you, stranger, but your power is vast. Are you an agent of the
- Outland and all of its denizens will bow to me. Illidan Stormrage: Hahahahahahaha, I have come to replace you. You're a relic, Magtheridon, a ghost of a past age. The future is mine. From this moment on,
- mortals! I am your lord and master! Illidan reigns supreme! Illidan Stormrage: Hear me now, you trembling
- Illidan Stormrage: Strike them down! Show these tired wretches what true fear is!
- Prince Kael'thas: Is that all you've got, demons? Is that all the power you can muster?
- Vashj: We've broken through their first line of defenders! Strike hard, you warriors. Victory to Lord Illidan!
- The fel orcs Rend and Maim were likely originally meant to be Rend and , but this is no longer canon.
- The sewer and aqueduct system is the Karabor Sewers area of the Black Temple raid.