Grassy Cline, Valley of the Four Winds |
Turtle Beach, Krasarang Wilds (during Wanderer's Festival)
Lorewalker Shuchun can be found near the bottom of the Path of a Hundred Steps leading from the Valley of the Four Winds to Kun-Lai Summit. She can also be seen during the Wanderer's Festival at Turtle Beach of Krasarang Wilds.
Shuchun is a Lorewalker who travels around Pandaria in pursuits of knowledge and history, as well as protecting the artifacts from taken. She enjoys telling stories to teach a lesson instead of lecturing.
The Blank Scroll
After the mists had parted, the Horde and the Alliance had arrived Pandaria, bringing wars and wreaking havoc. Trade Prince Gallywix of Bilgewater Cartel had sent a raid of goblins (aptly dubbed the Plundersquad Initiative), which he set to the task of uncovering powerful artifacts on the continent. Aware of the invaders' presence, Shuchun had determined to stop their aggressive actions. She encountered them on the northern coast of Pandaria and stated her intention in order to "peacefully" resolve the problem. Shuchun later revealed the Lorevault nearby to Gallywix's two subjects, Ziya and Druz. The goblins wanted to enter the vault and claim the artifacts stored within, yet Shuchun would not allow them to do so. But as she understood that the two goblins would be lost to the defense mechanism of the Lorevault, she decided to take them inside and endeavor to convince them that whatever they were doing, was a mistake.
As they faced various challenges based on Pandaren legends within the vault, Druz and Ziya argued over the purpose of the war against the alliance, the true nature of Trade Prince Gallywix, and the danger of seeking simple answers to complex problems, eventually realizing that their arguments were actually creating the traps. The source of these creations turned out to be a dangerous Pandaren artifact: the Blank Scroll. Druz and Ziya attempted to claim the scroll. Realizing that her warning was going unheeded, Lorewalker Shuchun activated the scroll, and showed the goblins a vision of a terrible future: the Bilgewater Cartel goblins were declared traitors to the Horde for hiding a powerful weapon from Warchief Garrosh Hellscream. The Exodar, Teldrassil and Stormwind were destroyed by the Garrosh's orcs, and Azeroth itself was devastated by the Burning Legion and horrors from the sea.
Stunned by what they had seen, Druz and Ziya decided to leave the Blank Scroll in Lorewalker Shuchun's hands. She promised Druz that the Blank Scroll would be hidden in a safe place before bidding him farewell.
- Grassy Cline
- Wow - are you a <race> from beyond the mists? What a crazy age we're living in!
- I just needed a moment to rest here. These steps can really take it out of you - going up OR down.
- Wanderer's Festival
- Welcome, <name>!
- This is the "Wanderer's Festival," where we celebrate the deeds of the first pandaren explorer and gather on the beach to gaze out across the sea.
- There was a time when the mists that cloaked Pandaria were so thick, sometimes you couldn't even see that large rock just off the shore there. Now look at it - what a glorious night! I'm glad you are here for this.
- What is the Wanderer's Festival?
- Legend has it that Liu Lang once set out to explore the seas beyond Pandaria on the back of a giant turtle. Every few years, he would come back, always seeking new explorers to travel with him. To this day, whenever a pandaren is daydreaming or staring off into space, we ask if they're "waiting for the turtle."
- Most pandaren aren't very adventurous - they like to stay close to hearth and home. But some of us are still dreamers... Tonight we gather at Turtle Beach on the southern coast to gaze out at the sea and celebrate Liu Lang's spirit of adventure.
- It's called the Wanderer's Festival.
- Patch 5.0.4 (2012-08-28): Added.