Hello there! We are conducting a survey to better understand the user experience in making a first edit. If you have ever made an edit on Gamepedia, please fill out the survey. Thank you!
Lost Honor is a cinematic that is set after the Battle for Lordaeron, focusing on Varok Saurfang, imprisoned in the Stormwind Stockades, and Anduin Wrynn. It serves as a tie-in for the Saurfang questline in patch 8.1. Lost Honor was released at BlizzCon 2018, November 2nd 2018.
- In Stormwind Harbor, Anduin Wrynn watches as the Alliance sends out the last of its troops to fight overseas. Genn Greymane approaches him from behind, speaking over his shoulder.
- Genn Greymane: That's the last of the soldiers. They'll be calling up farmers next.
- Anduin Wrynn: When this war began, I thought we were fighting for peace. But we're just... fighting.
- Genn Greymane: You're doing all you can to stop her, your majesty.
- Anduin appears visibly resolute that something else must be done. He travels to the Stockades, approaching the cell of the Alliance's prisoner: Varok Saurfang. After spotting the orc, Anduin addresses him.
- Anduin Wrynn: At Lordaeron, you had the chance to take my life. Maybe even end the war.
- Anduin unlocks the prison door, enters the cell, then closes the door behind him.
- Anduin Wrynn: Why didn't you kill me?
- Varok Saurfang: Could kill you now.
- Saurfang rises, his frame towering over Anduin's.
- Anduin Wrynn: I spared you because I believed you have honor. Was I wrong? Do you want more innocents to suffer? The Horde-
- Varok Saurfang: I have given EVERYTHING for the Horde!
- Saurfang grows furious, knocking over a nearby trough.
- Varok Saurfang: Bled for it... killed for it... And Sylvanas is destroying it! She will destroy everything! What I want-
- Saurfang approaches Anduin, punching the wall inches away from the king's head. Anduin appears unshaken.
- Varok Saurfang: -is my Horde back.
- Saurfang moves to lean against the opposite wall of the cell facing away from Anduin, distraught.
- Anduin Wrynn: Saurfang... Tell me why you spared my life.
- Varok Saurfang: I hoped... you... would stop her.
- Anduin Wrynn: I can't...
- Saurfang turns to look at Anduin as the king walks away and unlocks the cell door.
- Anduin Wrynn: ...Not alone.
- Anduin exits the cell, leaving the door unlocked and open, allowing for Saurfang's escape.
- Directed by Marc Messenger
- Written by Christie Golden
- Modeling Supervisor: Shannon Thomas
- Lead Character Modeler: Chung Kan
- Environment Modeling Lead: Aaron Hamman
- Originally, Anduin was to go to the cemetery in Arathi Highlands, where he would reflect on his conversation with Varok Saurfang in the Stockades. It was changed so it first takes place in Stormwind Harbor with Genn Greymane.
- ^ Lost Honor on the official website
- ^ Lost Honor on the World of Warcraft YouTube channel
- ^ a b Christie Golden on Twitter - "Very proud to have written this and to have worked with Marc Messenger. Shaking so hard I can barely type"
- ^ a b c Shannon Thomas on ArtStation
- ^ Aaron Hamman on ArtStation
- ^ MMO-Champion