Love is in the Air
|Love is in the Air|
February 2nd - 16th (2018)
"Love is in the Air" is a seasonal event that takes place around Valentine's Day. The first "Love is in the Air" event occurred in 2006 for about 4 days. In 2010, the event was expanded to about two weeks and additional content added; see Love is in the Air (original) for the previous version.
From the official site:
- Something is in the air in the major cities of Azeroth. Some call it love, and some just call it friendship and admiration. Whichever it is, many guards and townsfolks now spend their days giving and receiving tokens and gifts to other amorous citizens.
- The more skeptical, however, are suspicious of the strange "love sickness" clouding the hearts of so many. Will this widespread occurrence be simply taken as a recent outbreak of amore? Or will our brave adventurers find a sinister plot behind the source of this plague of passion? Only time will tell...
- 1 New in 2018
- 2 Collectables
- 3 Holiday items
- 4 Quests
- 5 Event boss
- 6 Bouquet of Roses
- 7 Achievements
- 8 Trivia
- 9 Gallery
- 10 Commercial
- 11 See also
- 12 Patches and hotfixes
- 13 References
- 14 External links
New in 2018
- Players level 98+ may only receive from the Crown Chemical Co. dungeon. Low-level players instead receive a .
- Event necklaces scale up to ilvl 880.
- added to Lovely Merchant vendors
- Holiday items may now be transmogrified for the duration of the event.
Two mounts are available.
Three pets are available.
Three toys are available.
One toy is an achievement reward:
The Crown Chemical Co. is in town! Items can be purchased from the Lovely Merchant in each major city for a or six. Tokens can be purchased with Lovely Charm Bracelets and are rewarded by several quests. The bracelets are created from ten Lovely Charms.
To collect Lovely Charms, players must have the in their inventory, which is available from Kwee Q. Peddlefeet. Then go kill mobs and/or players that would grant honor or XP. You need not loot these mobs to gain the Lovely Charm; it will appear in your inventory automatically.
Without grinding charms, players can acquire 35-40x each day. See the quests section for more information.
|1||(from vendor; quests return x5 rate)|
The Love is in the Air vendors will pay one Love Token for a Lovely Charm Bracelet. The four daily Lovely Charm Bracelet quests reward five Love Tokens per bracelet and reward a card that can be used for a buff.
Love Token requirements
There are two other achievements that require Love Token-purchased items:
There are several daily quests and a quest chain during the holiday.
A Gift for ...
A daily quest from Kwee Q. Peddlefeet offering a gift (a ) to the leader of the capital city. Receive 5x and a consumable card that provides a buff to a core stat for an hour. All four of these quests can be completed each day.
|A Gift for the Warchief||Agility|
Crown Chemical Co. Contraband
The Love is in the Air event consists of a boss, first added to the event in 2010, which can be queued up for using the Dungeon Finder or by talking to the Steamwheedle Shyster in Stormwind City or Orgrimmar, near the Auction Houses. The event can only be queued up for by players of level 16 and higher.
The optional quest leads you to Shadowfang Keep where the Crown Chemical Company set up a base of operations. There you can find a goblin agent who gives you . When turning that quest in at Apothecary Hummel, he and his two companions will aggro. They are all level 92 (elite) and have about 5.9 million health. When the proper strategy is followed, these should not pose a problem for a well-geared 5-man group.
Bouquet of Roses
Latest known drop locations (as of Patch 4.3.2):
|Blackrock Caverns||Normal and Heroic||Corla <Herald of Twilight>|
|Deadmines||Heroic Only||Admiral Ripsnarl|
|End Time||Echo of Sylvanas|
|Grim Batol||Normal and Heroic||Drahga Shadowburner|
|Hour of Twilight||Asira Dawnslayer|
|Shadowfang Keep||Heroic Only||Lord Godfrey|
|The Stonecore||Normal and Heroic||High Priestess Azil|
|Well of Eternity||Queen Azshara|
|Eat the eight "Bag of Candies" heart candies listed below.
|Create 12 Lovely Charm Bracelets.||10|
|Assist the Steamwheedle Cartel in stopping the sinister Crown Chemical Co. plot.||10|
|Use a on each of the race / class combinations listed below.
|Get completely smashed, put on your best perfume, throw a on Sraaz/Jeremiah Payson then /kiss him. You'll regret it in the morning.||10|
|Enjoy a with someone in Dalaran at a during the Love is in the Air celebration.||10|
|Open a and receive a .||10|
|Obtain a or during the Love is in the Air celebration.||10|
|Complete the Lovely Charm Bracelet daily quest for each <Horde/Alliance> capital.||10|
|Obtain a permanent Peddlefeet by procuring a .||10|
|Shoot off 10 Love Rockets in 20 seconds or less.||10|
|Shoot 10 players with the .||10|
|Sample all of the Love is in the Air candies listed below.
|Defeat the trio of Crown Chemical Co. apothecaries in Shadowfang Keep.||10|
|Unleash the power of love contained within a holiday necklace.||10|
|Have 10 Love Rays active on you simultaneously.||10|
|Have 25 Love Rays active on you simultaneously.||10|
|Have 50 Love Rays active on you simultaneously.||10|
- In Hearthstone, the Love Is in the Air card back was rewarded for achieving Rank 20 in Ranked Season 22, which took place during January 2016. The flavor text reads: "Many believe goblins made up this holiday to sell candy. It's not true! They also sell flowers and perfume!"
In 2007, Blizzard created a Burning Crusade commercial that featured the "Love is in the Air" event as well as the new jewelcrafting profession. From the official website, the ad was described as follows:
What do you get the blood elf who has everything? This Valentine's Day, make it an epic jewel! Yes, the industrial empires of Azeroth aren't about to let anyone escape the relentless marketing campai- er, bloom of true love associated with this time of year! Take a look at this new commercial but be warned that you may be struck by a sudden impulse to spend all the gold you've saved for your epic mount.
- Love is in the Air 2009 - description of this event from 2006-2009.
Patches and hotfixes
- Hotfix (2012-02-07): "Players are now able to receive Lovely Charms while on the quest "Test Your Strength", when the player's inventory has both the Darkmoon Adventurer's Guide and Lovely Charm Collector's Kit. Players now have the chance to receive both the and from a single kill."
- Patch 4.3.2 (2012-01-31): added.
- Hotfix (2010-09-02): "Any player who has a Lovely Charm Collector's Kit in their bags now has a chance to receive a Lovely Charm when in a group or raid and a group member gets a killing blow as long as they are within a certain range of the kill."
- Patch 3.3.0 (2009-12-08): This event has been reworked.
- Patch 1.9.3 (2006-02-07): Added.