Lower Blackrock Spire is a 5-man instance designed for adventurers around levels 56-60. Its entrance is located inside Blackrock Mountain, on the south side of the Hall of Blackhand, across from Upper Blackrock Spire.
- See also: Blackrock Spire
The majority of Rend's Dark Horde reside in Lower Blackrock Spire, making the city a sort of sprawling barracks. Only the elite members of the Dark Horde are allowed to live in the upper reaches of the city. Overlord Wyrmthalak acts as the ruler and taskmaster of these soldiers.
The orcs of the Blackrock Clan dominate most of the ruins of Lower Blackrock Spire, though they are divided up into various legions. These include the Scarshield Legion, the Bloodaxe Legion, and the Firebrand Legion. The elite Blackhand Legion resides in Upper Blackrock Spire. The orcs share the city with a contingent of Spirestone ogres and Smolderthorn trolls, who are also members of Rend's Dark Horde. The ruins are also home to a host of Spire Spiders who have infested a ruined corner of the city.
After the fall of Rend's Dark Horde, Drakonid Monstrosities and Dragonspawn Refugees can be seen in a portion of the dungeon.
Maps and subregions
The subject of this section has been removed from World of Warcraft.
Lower Blackrock Spire
Lower Blackrock Spire bosses
- Main article: Lower Blackrock Spire loot
Prior to Patch 6.0.2, it was part of the large Blackrock Spire instance, though it was often treated as separate from Upper Blackrock Spire.
See also: Removed Lower Blackrock Spire quests and Lower Blackrock Spire walkthrough.
- Patch 6.0.2 (2014-10-14): Now a separate instance from UBRS.
- Patch 4.0.1 (2010-10-12): Capped at five players.
- Patch 1.10.0 (2006-03-28): Capped at ten players.
- Patch 1.6.0 (2005-07-12): Crystal Fang, the rare spawn in Blackrock Spire, will now potentially appear.
- Patch 1.3.0 (2005-03-07):
- Capped at fifteen players.
- Some Blackrock Spire bosses will now properly display their true level, instead of being considered world bosses (who do not display level).