Mancini studied at Monash University in Melbourne, Australia. He studied design, but drew videogame fanart in his spare time. Although he drew for a variety of subjects, StarCraft was his favorite setting, and he especially enjoyed drawing for the zerg. However, his fanart, which he posted online, caught the art team's attention, and seeing that Mancini had already applied, got in contact. He accepted a job offer and moved to California. He has worked there ever since.
Mancini mostly works in digital media, but has also done physical art. He provided art for the World of Warcraft Trading Card Game, and has done artwork for the Hearthstone adventures Curse of Naxxramas and Blackrock Mountain. He has also done artwork for StarCraft.
- ^ Luke Mancini's Twitter bio. Retrieved on 2016-06-10. - Concept Artist at Blizzard
- ^ Webnet. 2009-10-08. MrJack Joins the Blizzard Team. StarCraft Source. 2009-10-08.
- ^ Mr--Jack. 2009-10-08. A Big Move. Mr--Jack's Journal. Retrieved on 2009-10-10.
- ^ Profile: Mr Jack, Sons of the Storm. Retrieved on 2014-05-12
- ^ a b 2013-03-27, Working for Blizzard: an Aussie artist's Cinderella story. The Age, retrieved on 2013-04-11
- ^ 2015-03-29, Photonic Playground: Art of Luke Mancini, Xin Wang, and Charles Lee. Blizzplanet, accessed on 2015-03-30