#showtooltip [options] action
This meta-command accepts secure command options. The value associated with the first satisfied condition will be interpreted as described below.
You may specify an action using any format supported by /cast; in particular:
- Name of the spell of whose icon is to be shown, e.g.
- Name of the item of whose icon is to be shown, e.g.
- BagId slot
- The bag the item is in (0 is backpack, etc...), and the slot number, starting at 1, of the item you wish to show, e.g.
0 1for the first item in your backpack.
- The slot on your character in which to show an item, e.g.
13for the first trinket slot.
- The default tooltip text is the name of the macro.
- Any successive metacommands to define the icon or tooltip will be ignored. If the icon was already specified by a previous #show, then this command is ignored entirely, including tooltips (the tooltip always shows the name of the macro).
- If you don't know the spell, don't have the item, or the position you specified on your character or bag is empty, the button will show the "?" icon (unless you didn't choose the "?" - see first note).
- You don't have to choose the icon for this to work; however, if you don't, the icon will not dynamically change based on the conditions set within the macro text and the icon will instead be the one you chose until such time as you change it manually. Other data affecting the button's appearance will be pulled from this as well, such as the green border around equipped items, the number of items you have, and so forth.
- The action performed by the macro will not be affected by this; i.e. you still need to use slash commands to make the macro do anything.