Casts the first spell for which the options are true.
/use [options] item name or item link or bagID slot or invSlotID or spell name
This command accepts secure command options. The value associated with the first satisfied condition will be interpreted as described below, and an action will be performed at the condition target (or your current target, or the implied target if the condition did not specify an explicit target). If no conditions are satisfied, no action will be performed.
The clause value is interpreted as either:
- The name, or the item link, of the item to be used.
- BagId and slot
- The bag the item is in (0 is backpack, etc...), and the slot number containing the item, starting at 1; e.g. "0 1" would use the first item in your backpack.
- The slot on your character in which to use an item.
- spell name
- Name of the spell to cast
If the clause value is the name of both a spell and an item that at some point was in your inventory, the /use command prefers to use the item.
- As of Patch 2.3.2 cast command toggles toggleable abilities on and off. Prefixing the name with an exclamation mark prevents this. Examples of toggleable abilities are Stealth and Shoot.
- Note that you can use /use to cast spells, and many of the /cast details apply.