|This article is an NPC stub. You can help expand it by editing it.
- For the raid encounter, see MOTHER (tactics).
|Race||Titanic watcher (Elemental)|
|Affiliation(s)||Champions of Azeroth|
MOTHER (Matron of Tenacity, Herald of Endless Research) is a titanic watcher with special responsibility for the research facility of Uldir, whose main function is to carry out experiments on Old God samples. To fulfill this role, MOTHER was imbued by the titans with an unquenchable thirst for knowledge, especially any kind which might resolve the Old God threat.
Eventually, Uldir itself would become compromised and contaminated through the influence of G'huun, throwing the facility into chaos. Despite the corruption, MOTHER's protocols remained intact, and she aided mortal champions in pushing through Uldir to ultimately vanquish G'huun.
Continuing her work there for a short time after this victory, the watcher later moved to the Chamber of Heart at the behest of Magni Bronzebeard, to apply her skills in healing damage done to Azeroth's world-soul.
This section concerns content related to Battle for Azeroth.
Thousands of years ago, the facility of Uldir was created by the titan Pantheon in what would become the region of Zandalar. The reasoning behind Uldir's construction lay with the Old Gods, powerful beings who threatened the very existence of life on Azeroth. To find effective ways of neutralizing the danger, extensive research and experimentation would be carried out at the site, with the Matron of Tenacity, Herald of Endless Research (M.O.T.H.E.R) serving as the titan watcher overseeing this work.
In spite of the titans' highest hopes, however, the work of Uldir would not only prove futile, but disastrous. The experiments conducted by MOTHER and the other operators of the facility accidentally spawned a new Old God altogether, known as G'huun. G'huun's nearly limitless capacity to spread corruption meant that all of Uldir had to be permanently quarantined from the outside world along with MOTHER, while powerful seals held the prison shut.
It wasn't until the Blood War that Uldir would once again be opened, releasing the threat contained inside. As the seals located around Zandalar were broken, G'huun's corruption coursed through the facility and spread to the outside. Almost all of Uldir's defenses and fail-safes were ultimately overcome by this infection, with only MOTHER remaining active in fighting the spread inside. Indeed, only MOTHER's efforts to slow down G'huun's corruption prevented the total fall of Uldir.
As mortal champions eventually entered the ruins with the intention of ending G'huun, MOTHER determined that the invaders were contaminated, and thus a threat. As such, she engaged the heroes in battle, only pausing when she was bested by their combined might. With this defeat, MOTHER began to aid the mortals in their progress through the titan facility and provided them the information required to permanently destroy the Old God. This was achieved when Uldir's reorigination drive was activated to purge G'huun within the Festering Core, thus ending the immediate threat to Uldir and the rest of the planet.
After G'huun's defeat, MOTHER remained within Uldir and continued her efforts to remove the last of the Old God's influence from the facility. When Magni and Brann Bronzebeard set out to find further ways of healing Azeroth's world-soul, wounded by Sargeras, they ventured to Uldir to make contact with MOTHER herself. Upon doing so, her protocols determined that she should move to the Chamber of Heart to better asses the situation. After dealing with some lingering corruption present in Uldir's titan waygate, the party activated its consoles to transport them to the heart chamber. Despite this success, MOTHER would require some amount of time to analyze the condition of the world-soul and formulate a plan to heal it.
|Location||Level range||Health range|
|MOTHER (tactics)||?? Elite|
|Chamber of Heart||?? Elite||12,355,240|
She is involved in the following:
- Main article: MOTHER (tactics)#Quotes
- Heart of Azeroth detected. Planetary annihilation imminent.
- Greetings once again, Heart of Azeroth wielder.
- Your decontamination of Uldir is acknowledged and appreciated. Recommendation: continue efforts to resolve total planetary annihilation.
- Chamber of Heart
Chamber of Heart facility has been rehabilitated. Now functioning within operational parameters.
- Augmented decontamination protocol initiated.
- Extermination of all contaminated specimens recommended.
- Accessing Chamber of Heart data archives. Comprehensive analysis will require approximately 77 cycles.
- Greetings. I am the Matron of Tenacity, Herald of Endless Research. Designation: MOTHER.
- Warning: Waygate diagnostic routine incomplete. High probability of travel conduit corruption.
- Additional information granted.
- Error. Additional Titan facility detected. Status: Unknown.
- Recommendation: Do not approach or engage.
- Early in the Battle for Azeroth beta, MOTHER was called Red Queen, a reference to the character of the same name from the Resident Evil film series.
- Early in the beta, MOTHER's Adventure Guide entry read "MOTHER will not allow adventurers into Uldir until they have been cleansed of corruption. First, they must pass through her Hall of Sanitation."
- A later build changed "her Hall of Sanitation" to "her decontamination chamber".
- MOTHER may be a reference to the computer of the same name from Alien.
- Patch 8.0.1 (2018-07-17): Added.