|This article is a location stub. You can help expand it by editing it.
Mac'Aree (pronounced muh-CAW-ree), called the Jewel of Argus, was one of the most illustrious cities of Argus, the pinnacle of eredar civilization, and the most sacred of all cities. Following the destruction that befell Argus, the city of Mac'Aree now floats above the planet, in a relatively pristine state.
Mac'Aree's hills were purple, and its rivers glittered even in complete darkness. The city's walkways were lined with precious minerals. cannot remember anymore how long it has been since he last was there. The eredar prior to their corruption by seemed to have a great love and reverence for Mac'Aree, as expressed on the inscription at the bottom of , "I long for Mac'Aree".
LegionThis section concerns content exclusive to Legion.
Mac'Aree serves as one of three zones on Argus and hosts the Seat of the Triumvirate dungeon. The city is mostly intact compared to the rest of the world, though the land to the northwest has curved upwards, slanting the city. Having somewhat been thrown into orbit and floating above the massive scar in the planet, Mac'Aree has mostly escaped corruption and was seemingly abandoned. But the Armies of Legionfall retrieving the Sigil of Conservation alerted the Burning Legion who sent an assault force to Mac'Aree in order to halt their progress.
The city of Mac'Aree is a floating island above the rest of the planet Argus. The city is dominated by the Seat of the Triumvirate to the northwest, near a huge rock wall caused by the deformation of the planet's surface. Much of the city is inaccessible to players but can be seen in the sky, floating at an angle.
Maps and subregions
- Travel is done via a Lightforged Beacon, a form of teleportation from hub to hub.
|Zone Name||Faction||Level Range||Direction||Access|
|Krokuun||110||South-East||By Lightforged Beacon or the Vindicaar.|
|Antoran Wastes||110||South-West||By Lightforged Beacon or the Vindicaar.|
- Main article: Mac'Aree NPCs
- Main article: Mac'Aree storyline
- Mac'Aree may be a reference to Jesse McCree, Lead Level Designer: Exterior for Blizzard Entertainment, since the character who seems to know about it is named .
- When jumping out of the edge of the map, the player enters the "Twisting Nether" subzone shortly before dying, similar to how leaving an Outland zone does.
- Mac'Aree can be seen in the sky from Krokuun. Likewise, the glow of the Xenedar in Krokuun can be seen on the surface from Mac'Aree.
Patches and hotfixes
- Hotfix (2017-09-16): "The Elite enemies around the Seat of the Triumvirate will now leash back to their location when appropriate."
- Patch 7.3.0 (2017-08-29): Added.