We have begun migration of most wikis to our new host, Amazon Web Services. All but the top 100 wikis are in read-only mode until the migration is complete. Estimated completion: TBD -- Update: Fri 10/20 11pm UTC - We have encountered some unexpected issues. Our staff is working around the clock to complete this process as quickly as possible. Thank you for your patience.
A popular sub-type is the hammer which resembles the more practical tool used in some professions.
One-handed maces are often used by combat rogues because of their high delay and high damage range, and priests, shamans, and druids because many exist that give procs or attribute bonuses beneficial to casters. They can also be used by death knights, paladins, warriors and monks.
Two-handed maces can be used by death knights, druids, paladins, shamans, and warriors. According to Warcraft lore, the two-handed warhammer was the favored weapon of the Knights of the Silver Hand, led by . Following the death of Uther at the hands of Arthas and the devastation of the Order, the weapon fell out of favor as that was exclusively used by paladins.
Humans and dwarves have , which increases Expertise in that weapon slot by 1% when wielding a mace.
- The Doomhammer, legendary weapon of the orc Warchief and his successor .
- , available at Exalted reputation with respective Alterac Valley factions.
- , an epic two-hand mace that dropped from in Naxxramas.
- , another epic two-hand mace that drops from in Gruul's Lair in Blade's Edge Mountains.
- , the two-handed paladin warhammer of .
- Krolmir, Hammer of Storms, weapon of , the Titanic watcher of the Temple of Storms.
- Hammer of the Lightbringer, The warhammer of