The Mage Quarter (also called the Mage District or the Mage's District) lies in the southern corner of Stormwind City. The infamous Slaughtered Lamb tavern is located there, as well as the Wizard's Sanctum. Within the Sanctum, mages train to increase their powers, and there are also several portals in the tower. In the Slaughtered Lamb, shady warlocks are often drawn to the dark cellars. Throughout the rest of the quarter, you can find herbalism, alchemy, and tailoring related stores and NPCs.
Points of interest
- Alchemy Needs ( Alchemy trainer)
- Ancient Curios
- Cone of Cold (during the Children's Week)
- Duncan's Textiles ( Tailoring trainer)
- Essential Components
- Larson Clothiers
- Stormwind Staves
- The Stockade (in the Canals area)
- Wizard's Sanctum ( Mage trainer; portal to Blasted Lands)
Excludes the above areas.
- Erich Lohan
- Officer Pomeroy
- Tannysa <Herbalism Trainer>
- Collin Mauren
- Archmage Malin
- Janey Anship
- Lisan Pierce
- Karlee Chaddis
- Paige Chaddis
Suzanne - Janey - Lisan conversation
Their conversation is a randomized three-liner containing one of the following sentences:
- If we reverse the Essence flows perhaps we can alter the polarity.
- Why can't we just shift the array to compensate for the variance in the flux?
- So then the array of magics would cascade into a chain reaction of positively charged energies.
- The magical wards at that point should be supported enough by the energy flux to contain the entity.
- Maginor says that twisting alternating flows of positive energy actually creates a much more stable flow.
- The portal will shift slightly, at this point if you cast a binding cantrip you will solidify it in place.
- When the positively aligned energies collide with the negatively charged energies, they don't negate one another.
- Putting in twelve centers of focus might allow the magical energies to form more solidly, adding the necessary stability.
- I think not, I don't need to be blown up again.
- I suppose that could work, if we had twenty people to cast it with.
- But wouldn't that mean crossing the streams? Isn't that really bad?
- But what if the resulting frequency shift were to send magical feedback up the flows?
- But isn't that what caused the initial problems with Adept Syleria's magical formulae?
- That will unbalance the magical focus, though, and cause a reverse vibration in the ether.
- Wouldn't that cause the weave to unravel if not properly anchored before starting the casting?
- The resultant energies could collapse though, and that could cause an energy flux that would give you a migraine for weeks.
- At least we wouldn't be around to have to clean it up.
- Wow, all of this for a love potion. Hope he's worth it.
- Only if we didn't follow the proper initialization procedures.
- What if we used three focuses in Tyrean pattern? That should solve it.
- Always so negative. The chances of that happening are between zero and none.
- If we use the Surian theory, then yes, but not if we go with the Y'serian approach.
- But if we stabilize it with an anchor thread at the appropriate energy crux then it should work.
- If we use the appropriate sequence we should be ok. Will just take some serious studying before we start.
Notes and trivia
- A few night elves live in this district.
- Stormwind's Mage District features as an attraction in the Blizzard World in-universe map in Overwatch, but is not seen in the in-game map itself.
- Patch 4.0.3a (2010-11-23): Slight redesign of Quarter allowing for greater navigability.