|Base of operations|
|Theater of operations|
Mage hunters are former members of the Kirin Tor that have opted to side with the blue dragonflight in the hopes of retaining power or simply in order to protect Azeroth from the use of uncontrolled magic, sharing the azure dragon's point of view. Transformed and bolstered by Malygos, they are tasked with rooting out and, if necessary, destroying magical artifacts; killing or imprisoning individuals who practice magic without Malygos' permission; and aiding in the redirection of ley lines using massive constructs called surge needles.
Some of the mage hunters were not recruited voluntarily, but instead conscripted by threat of their family being killed if they didn't join.
This section concerns content related to Legion.
|This section is a lore stub.|
Area of operation
The Mage Hunters have enstablished different operations in Northrend, they appear to operate mainly in Dragonblight and in Borean Tundra, but some mage hunters can be found in Crystalsong Forest aswell.
The Mage Hunters appears to have a ranked structure, the most important of them are:
- Mage-Lord Urom, a conjuror who protects the ley-line of Coldarra.
- Telestra, she appears to be an high-ranked member of the Mage Hunters, not only watching over Keristrasza, but even overseeing, from an image, at the Dragonglight's work.
- Magister Keldonus is a traitor to the Horde and now affiliates himself with the blue dragonflight. He is working on a ley-line in the Dragonblight and reports his work at Magus Telestra using a device.
- Mage-Commander Evenstar, a mage who has been killed by a group of water elementals.
- Inquisitor Salrand, she is the one who oversees the capture of the Kirin Tor.
- Goramosh is a dragonswpawn who has been tasked with seeing to the negotiations between the blue dragonflight and the Ethereum.
- Captain Emmy Malin, is an human who was captured by the armies of Malygos and forced to work for them under threat that her family would be harmed. She is ashamed of what she has done, and is actively sabotaging their operations.
- Lieutenant Ta'zinni is a troll leader of the mage hunters in the Lothalor Woodlands. He walks a circle around the Ley Line Focus. He is the brother of the mage trainer Deino.
- Inquisitor Caleras is a beryl mage hunter leading the beryl sorcerors in Coldarra.
- Curator Insivius is a drakonid who leads the mage hunter forces in Coldrock Quarry, they are possibly attempting to build new Surge Needles.
Notes and trivia
- The mage hunters seem to be an organization, and not race (as previews implied), as Dragonblight Mage Hunters can be blue dragonspawn, blue drakonid, humans, blood elves, high elves or even jungle trolls. The Mage Hunter Ascendants and Ascended Mage Hunters however suggest that the ultimate goal for a mage hunter is to be "ascended" into a dragonspawn, and as such the dragonspawn and drakonid of the organization might be transformed members.
- There are Fel Hounds in the southern area of Desolace which are also named "Mage Hunter" though they don't have any relation to Malygos' forces in Northrend, instead referring to the ability of Fel Hounds to sniff out (and consume) magic.
- The runic Darkhound-like creatures that include the Beryl Hounds, Mage Slayers, and Moonrest Stalkers are called "magehunter" in the game files.